Buying guns, optics, equipment, etc from sellers on this site

HoundTracker

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2019
Hello to all members of this site!
I'm new to this site and I hope to learn from others experiences and knowledge that will share it with us newbies. I'm not new to guns but surely don't have the sweat and work others have put into the knowledge and experience that many others have. I'm here to learn and hopefully be able to share information with you all maybe in other ways. I come to this site to try and learn as much as I can about scopes before I decide to make a purchase, and found that they are sold on this site as well. So the question that I need help with is,
"Has anyone ever made a purchase from someone that can post to sell anything, that did NOT get the merchandise they paid a for"? SCAMMED in other words!!!! If you pay someone with a money order, pay pal, wire transfer, etc. I am looking to buy a used scope, but I want to be sure I get it..... Thank you all for your help in advance for your input and I look forward to enjoying this site and the people on it....

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 6, 2011
MA
Ive bought plenty of stuff from the PX here and all transactions have been legit.

Hang out for awhile and get to know the personalities.

Check out the sellers rating.

Do your own google searching to vet any seller.

Do your homework, same as anywhere else.

Scammers dont get the opportunity to scam a second member if they choose to be dildos

Reactions: Rerun7 and Chevoke

canezach

House of Chingasos
Belligerents
Apr 18, 2014
Colorado
If you're asking if someone has been scammed or ripped off on here, the answer is unfortunately yes. It happens. But, as Pmclaine said, scammers don't get a second chance around here. Tucker does a good job of taking out the trash, so to speak.

If you're looking to buy something, I'd recommend buying from a long time board member. You can see someone's join date and post count, which should give you an idea of how long they've been around, how active they are, etc. You can also check feedback, but since the feedback system is fairly new, I'd recommend you check the Good Guys list. As with everything, you can never fully guarantee integrity, but you'll find more often than not, the guys on here value their word and name more than money.

Blutroop

Major Hide Member
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2018
Alaska
I’ve bought on here. I only use usps money orders. I haven’t been screwed yet. If it’s too good to be true though..

Stooxie

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2018
Sometimes the best indicator is if a seller can put together a decent English sentence with a modicum of punctuation. That is my first test and has honestly served me well, along with lots of other commonly understood red flags to watch out for.

-Stooxie

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 9, 2007
NJ
If you need verification, get a phone number and have a chat. Hell I did a $4000 deal with some in rural CA, who had little history. I asked for a reference, then had a nice chat with the local police chief who vouched for him. It’s easy enough to do, just don’t be lazy.

lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Online Training Access
Apr 12, 2001
Base of the Rockies
www.snipershide.com
We have 1000s of transactions on this site,

HOWEVER

This is not a for sale site, our PX is a value-added part of the forum designed for CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS

Because of the quality and popularity of our forum and it's PX we have allowed new members to Purchase 101 posts which give them access to the PX. That does not mean we are endorsing its use or validity of any ad placed on SH.

Buyer Be WARY is the first and most important caveat to doing business on the internet.

Heed the words spoken before every Prize Fight, Protect yourself at ALL times