Anyone 3D print Magnetospeed Sporter rail mount?

Key0nee

Private
Belligerents
Jun 24, 2014
Im am trying to come up with design for my DT SRS but generic enouh to fit on my other rifles... i dont know when ill be finish with it... but give me some details, specs, ideas, and ill try to incorporate.... here is what i have so far..l just started this morning... the tube clamp will be screwed to a picatinny QD mount...

I just need to design a mechanism to connect the bayonet to the rod that allows for hieght adjustment....

Send me a PM so i have your contact and ill hit you up.... hopefully soon..

K

2ED6D965-E1C3-45EE-90A6-526A2FDD828E.png

GrandpaDeadLegs

No tomato
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 7, 2018
Superior Twp. MI
I would go down a few inches from the pic rail and then over to the bottom of the magnetospeed so you can position that original mount right where it should go floating below the (now unused) shim and addressing the barrel in the same way they intended.

Key0nee

Private
Belligerents
Jun 24, 2014
I would go down a few inches from the pic rail and then over to the bottom of the magnetospeed so you can position that original mount right where it should go floating below the (now unused) shim and addressing the barrel in the same way they intended.
Ah... Yeah...I grabbed this screen shoot before I really thought about it... Of course your idea is a better direction as the bayonet need to be much higher than this arrangement would allow.....

BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD....

Key0nee

Private
Belligerents
Jun 24, 2014
Um... not really... if you have some suggestions please forward... I have an SRS so the length of lateral adjustment I need is minimal and really didn't see the need to mounting the readout... but it should be pretty easy to incorporate... I post the progress here.

k

Key0nee

Private
Belligerents
Jun 24, 2014
That’s cool... do you have stl??? That looks way easier to print then what I made

thaflash_la

Private
Belligerents
Apr 10, 2014
I made something similar back when I had a sporter. 7098049

I printed an internal and external block to better support the device.

Eventually I cut the housing because my brakes were still getting in the way.

I also made that bore spacer to put the sensor 1/8” off the bore.

hypertex

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 5, 2007
Bullhead City, Arizona
The one thing I searched high and low for was a picattiny adapter that just had a blank area that could be customized.

Repurposing some cheap scope mounts; a 3d part would be lighter. Add 1/2" rod. You can put a small flat on the rod to add another short section atop it to move the sensor closer. Alternately you heat up the rod and "joggle" the sensor closer. <$20

Attachments

Mr.BR

Private
Belligerents
Oct 5, 2017
Did a V3 with some cheap chinese scope rings and a bit of work on the lathe.

Double ball joint works on Rimfire . would have issues on centerfire as its just too flimsfy , also multi axis freedom of two balls is not needed so a 3d printed solution will likely be next.

*Note that if you have stock rails paralel to the bore making a mount is actualy very easy and you so not need any fancy ball joints