Any other mifflin sportsman association members?

Rory_Fritz

Thing 1
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
Recently became a member of the mifflin county sportsman association in central PA. Anyone else a member there? Hows the range and steel target situation?

spear76

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2018
Chester County, PA
I'm waiting on my check to get cashed and membership card now. Looking forward to getting out to this range.

rd_kng

Private
Belligerents
Jun 7, 2014
Carlisle Pa
I was just at the range today. Everything is good. There is some steel, but most shooters set their own. They are getting ready to do some work on the road and you always need to check the calendar for events that may have the range closed. Good luck.

BullzeyeNJ

Sergeant
Belligerents
Mar 17, 2007
New Jersey
You shoot up a side of a mountain so bring a bipod with long legs if you want to shoot 700-1000 yards. At the very least bring a 2x4 to give more height. This time of year the stink bugs have a time share rental there so be ready for that invasion. More stink bugs in one place that I have ever seen in my life. Keep your cases, bags, and vehicle sealed up to avoid any stowaways.

Rory_Fritz

Thing 1
Belligerents
Feb 11, 2017
You shoot up a side of a mountain so bring a bipod with long legs if you want to shoot 700-1000 yards. At the very least bring a 2x4 to give more height. This time of year the stink bugs have a time share rental there so be ready for that invasion. More stink bugs in one place that I have ever seen in my life. Keep your cases, bags, and vehicle sealed up to avoid any stowaways.
Will do, thanks. Does the range have it's own steel targets or do I need to bring my own?

jambau

Sergeant
Belligerents
Sep 2, 2010
PA
I'm a member. Unfortunately, did not make it up at all last year. Lost my shooting buddy. Committing to getting there once per month this year. I have my own steel. PM me when you are going or post here. Maybe we can meet up. I'm no upper echelon shooter. I don't do matches. I just enjoy long range steel.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976

Ballistic RPh

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2019
I just renewed my membership. Good range IMO. Theres steel set up from 300 to 1000 yards.

Reactions: dave520

spear76

Online Training Member
Online Training Access
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2018
Chester County, PA
I'm a member as well, unfortunately only made it a few times last year do to life and it being a few hour drive.

Hoping to make it at least once every couple of months this year.

Reactions: Alphatreedog

dlm1984

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2020
I hope it's not bad form to bump older threads. I'll likely be applying in a couple of weeks. It's a bit of a drive, but one of the only places around that I'm aware of that has a 1000 yard range.

Reactions: Cheeseburger1976