Belligerents
Feb 13, 2012
Betty Ford Clinic
$250 Boom Stick Link

Does this fall into the AOW category?
Remington 870 TAC-14 DM Pump 12 Gauge 14" 3" 6+1 Shotgun with Raptor Grip
Part Number: 45984 Manufacturer: Remington Firearms

1570748352917.png

Remington 870 TAC-14 DM Pump 12 Gauge 14" 3" 6+1 Shotgun with Raptor Pistol Grip
The shortest allowable distance between powerless and prepared.

Small in size, but huge on home defense capability, the Model 870 TAC-14 DM combines the devastating, threat stopping power of the TAC-14 with a detachable magazine. Featuring a Raptor pistol grip and Magpul® M-lock fore-end and a detachable magazine to protect your home and family. The Model 870 TAC-14 DM adds 6 rounds of 12-gauge backup when you need it most. It’s powerful personal protection at its absolute shortest – and finest.
Specifications

• Manufacturer: Remington
  • Model: 870 TAC-14 DM
  • Gauge: 12
  • Action: Pump
  • Barrel Length: 14"
  • Overall Length: 26"
  • Capacity: 6+1
  • Chamber: 3"
  • Raptor Pistol Grip
  • Magpul M-LOK forend
  • Bead front sight
  • Fixed cylinder bore
  • Includes: (1) 6rd magazine

• Love
Reactions: Blue Sky Country

DannC

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 3, 2014
Mount Gilead, NC 27306
Don't know who started this trend [Mossberg or Remington] but I have the Mossberg Shockwave in 20ga. and believe it will have plenty of stopping power at its intended range. No.3 buckshot gives a good spread at 7 - 10 yds. that makes it formidable at hallway distances. Slugs are terrifying.
I believe with enough practice a well centered shot can be placed from the hip. Have added a picatinny rail to mount a Bushnell TRS25 on a high rise mount to improve situational awareness and to keep even the modest recoil away from your cheek/nose.
Also have a Streamlite TR4G [light with green lazer] that I can mount low to the receiver and manjplate the light only, light and lazer or lazer only with my support hand.
Added a short sling to carry over the shoulder with muzzle down that can still be rotated into firing position with one hand.
It has joined my handgun beside my bed and in my vehicle. For $250 it is a no brainer for self defense at home or traveling.
I have a CCP but need to talk to my sheriff to see what is the appropriate carry method in my vehicle. Anyone know about this in NC?

Reactions: crackerbrown

Cheyenne Bodie

Goon
Belligerents
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
Whore Island
I been looking for a reasonably priced and short over & under with ejectors for donkey years. I know Stoeger makes a couple without ejectors but I didn't really find them too appealing due to rough actions.

Downtown

Belligerents
Mar 1, 2013
I believe the whole thing started when Shockwave Technologies figured out their birds head grip added to a Mossberg Cruiser plus the 14 inch barrel Mossberg had in their catalog perfectly fit the legal definition of a non NFA "firearm". That caused a huge run on the short barrel kits from Mossberg. The Cruiser reciever was the only factory receiver on the market that wasn't already a "shotgun". Couldn't make one out of an existing shotgun. Didn't take Mossberg long to figure out why everyone was suddenly buying the 14" barrel kits. The rest is history. It's the kind of regulation that will probably be "reinterpreted", so if you want one buy it now.

DannC

Sergeant
Belligerents
Oct 3, 2014
Mount Gilead, NC 27306
I should have done a little research before buying the 20ga. That little adaptor would give a lot more fire power and the recoil from plinkster's video seems modest. Going to email them and see if they have plans to make one for the 20ga.
Have a friend with the Keltec twin mag tube that feeds the mini shells 100% of the time, 12 in each tube! Just did not want to spend $600.00.