2019 Armageddon Gear Cup - 20-shooter invitational match (UPDATED 2 Oct)

Dthomas3523

Well Calloused Knees
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
I’d suggest if this event is successful enough to hold again in the future, probably a better idea to check with the 1st string shooters they’d like and see if they can agree on a date they can make.

While it’s still looks awesome, there’s always going to be the “what if the PRS series and Finale champs were there?”

Just from local conversations, this took a lot of the wind out of the interest sails from a “this is badass” to “meh.”

pga43

Ninja photgrapher
Belligerents
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2018
Old Hickory, TN
www.golfwrx.com
I’d suggest if this event is successful enough to hold again in the future, probably a better idea to check with the 1st string shooters they’d like and see if they can agree on a date they can make.

While it’s still looks awesome, there’s always going to be the “what if the PRS series and Finale champs were there?”

Just from local conversations, this took a lot of the wind out of the interest sails from a “this is badass” to “meh.”

All the top shooters were ask to compete. Asking 20 shooters what date would work for them would lead to 20 different dates. If the top competitors really want to shoot they figure out a way to get to a match.

The PRS Finale date was set without any shooters being asked what date would work for them. Some top shooters might not make the finale for whatever reason but the match will still go on.

The AG Cup will too!

Greg

Dthomas3523

Well Calloused Knees
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
All the top shooters were ask to compete. Asking 20 shooters what date would work for them would lead to 20 different dates. If the top competitors really want to shoot they figure out a way to get to a match.

The PRS Finale date was set without any shooters being asked what date would work for them. Some top shooters might not make the finale for whatever reason but the match will still go on.

The AG Cup will too!

Greg
PRS finale is always same month. Apples to oranges.

Getting 20 shooters together ain’t that hard when you coordinate vs just surprising people with date.

Match can go on all it wants, but it ain’t got the absolute best there. Gonna have an aterisk next to it.

You don’t make a title fight date and hope the champ shows up.

Reactions: trophyhunter

trophyhunter

Gun Father
Belligerents
Feb 13, 2011
Brownsville, Tx
I’m kinda with David on this, it would’ve been great to see the #1 shooter to participate in the AG Cup, but understand setting a date all could attend is like herding cats. Matt would’ve definitely been a force to be reckoned with but cause of school, he can’t.

Dthomas3523

Well Calloused Knees
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
This year the finale is in November.

The 4 previous years, it was in December (18), December (17), January('16 season, held January of '17), and September(15).
I misspoke/was wrong.

Doesn’t change poor marketing/execution.

For a couple months everyone hears about the gap grind. Almost nothing about AG cup.

Dthomas3523

Well Calloused Knees
Hessian
Online Training Access
Belligerents
Jan 31, 2018
South Texas
I’m kinda with David on this, it would’ve been great to see the #1 shooter to participate in the AG Cup, but understand setting a date all could attend is like herding cats. Matt would’ve definitely been a force to be reckoned with but cause of school, he can’t.
When you want to find out who the best is, you make sure the best is there (within reason).

You let the rest make it work with their schedule or you find replacements. Not the top guys (there’s 5-10 that obviously stand out).