1-6 viper vs 1-6 razor

Warrior 45

Private
Belligerents
Aug 14, 2011
I have experience with both. The Razor is better in all aspects, but you ask the right question. Is it $800 better, I don’t think so. I can’t tell a difference in the glass. My understanding is the Razor is built to be tougher. The Viper has held up well for the range. I appreciate the savings with the Viper.

Reactions: Pointman308

mtruong

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2019
Las Vegas
I have both, and it’s definitely a noticeable difference. More forgiving eyebox, clearer glass, better/more crisp red dot illumination. I find it more enjoyable to shoot for 3gun and you’re running and gunning, but if you’re just sitting behind the gun in the prone, you probably wouldn’t need the Razor.

bigd081285

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
May 2, 2019
Sesser
800 dollar difference is subjective. To some who it is to some it isnt. Depends on your financial situation and what you value personally

nubsoft

Private
Hessian
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2019
I would highly recommend saving up for the razor.
The first thing i noticed between these product lines is the edge to edge clarity and the quality of the workmanship overall.

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Belligerents
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
Last weekend coming home from the Wisconsin Dells I stopped at Vortex headquarters. Nice showroom with all their products on display to look at. There's at least a 1000 yds of open prairie to scan with their optics.

I picked up the 1-6 strikeagle first, thought, ok not bad. Then the 1-8 strikeagle and thought the eye relief was a little more strict.

Then I picked up the viper 1-6, wow surprised. I felt like I was inside the scope. The eyebox was huge, I felt like I could see all around and field of view seemed huge.

Then the razor 1-6. I expected this to be even better but was underwhelmed. I could tell the glass was better but it felt like I was looking through a tube. It didn't feel like the field of view was as big, although the specs say it is bigger.

I went back and forth between the viper and razor and decided the viper was better for me.

Reactions: Pointman308