• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

2013 Sniper's Hide Cup

When May 23-25, 2013

Where Douglas, WY

SNIPERSHIDE.com and COMPETITION DYNAMICS have teamed up for the 2012 Sniper's Hide Cup and moved the match to Douglas WY. We've combined the "Cup" legacy with the tradition of field shooting cultivated in the Rocky Mountains to create the premier long-range/precision field rifle match.
    This is the primary SnipersHide.com community event! Be There!

Everyone who signs up between February 15th & March 1st will shoot the match.

GENERAL PARAMETERS
    Match duration: 3 days, Thurs-Sat
    Mandatory check-in and briefing on Wed. Wednesday is also the Sponsor Demo Day.
    Cartridge requirements: minimum 6mm - maximum .338, velocity not to exceed 3200 fps
    Rifle: "open" specification - must be safe to operate and have functioning safety
    Round count (estimate): 240 rounds, firing extra rounds may be allowed on certain courses
    Rifle target distances: majority 100-1000 yards, longer shots possible.
    Pistol target distances : effective range of pistol
    Two-day train-up available through Thunder Beast Training Group prior to match (not on match courses)
    Almost all targetry will be reactive armor steel plate
    Night-vision optics not required

Competition Dynamics Website - Sniper's Hide Cup Details

NOTE: This event will count with your PRS Points

Registration Details,

Registration will be open at 12 NOON EST February 15th 2012, and all those who register and pay between February 15th and March 1st will shoot the match without an waiting list. All entries will be accepted. We are using our new electronic registration and payment system. You will be able to sign up and pay via credit card in our store immediately. This includes signing up and paying for the train up.

The 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup tests practical and field rifle shooting skills and supporting activities, which may include but is not limited to: long-range marksmanship, target recognition, wind estimation, range estimation, trail skills, movement over rugged terrain, physical challenges, low-light shooting, and organic problem solving. Individuals will be required to complete problems utilizing their rifle, a service-type pistol, and any ancillary gear that is carried during the entire match.

In conjunction with

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    --Frank Outlaw

Re: Official 2013 Sniper's Hide Cup 5/23 - 5/25

Good to see it moved up a little. May be able to avoid the heat, but maybe get rained on. Would rather do that though then get torched. Looking forward to this.
    http://www.longriflesinc.com
    http://www.area419.com

Comment

What is the closest airport to Douglas?
      Machining and selling custom DTA barrels.

Comment

Denver or Casper WY...

Denver is bigger, might be a bit easier, but Casper is closest. DIA is a 4 hour or so ride
        --Frank Outlaw

Comment

Originally Posted By: fireguyty
          What is the closest airport to Douglas?

Casper and its about 60 miles to Douglas from the Airport.

Edit: Frank beat me to the punch.
          http://www.longriflesinc.com
          http://www.area419.com

Comment

We can not make it this year but will put a bunch of Premium AR500 Targets on the prize table for all to enjoy!!!
            Jake Vibbert-
            PREMIUM-AR500 STEEL TARGETS!!!
            ****Check out jcsteeltargets.com****

--2 Cor-5:17--

Comment

I'll be there, looking forward to it!
              AccuracyTech - Articles & Reviews for the Precision Shooter

Comment

For a newbee to match comps is there somewhere that gives more detail about the course of fire. Is it bench, field, run and gun? Are we scored on time, hits, or both? More info about completing and competing in the match would be helpful.
                We are witnessing the collapse of our culture, our society, politically, morally, and religiously. Lawmakers need to realize specially with gun control you cannot use collective solutions to correct individual problems.

Comment

Originally Posted By: 30378
                  For a newbee to match comps is there somewhere that gives more detail about the course of fire. Is it bench, field, run and gun? Are we scored on time, hits, or both? More info about completing and competing in the match would be helpful.

Follow the link to the Competition Dynamics Details Page... it is all spelled out.
                  --Frank Outlaw

Comment

RV parking?
                    Montani simper liberi

Comment

Originally Posted By: DaveD
                      RV parking?

There is, guys parked on site (6000 acres) or there is an actual RV park at the end of the street.

No services on site, so you have to be self contained.
                      --Frank Outlaw

Comment

As noted by Justin,

Douglas WY is in the middle of an Oil Boom, and the hotels, are generally speaking Full so reserve your room as soon as possible.

There are towns on either side to include Casper that will have rooms, the commute to the match will just be a tad longer than if you stayed in Douglas.

Also avoid the Motel 6, its a crack house. The new ones are better, but definitely hit them up sooner rather than later.
                        --Frank Outlaw

Comment

Hah, May 23rd is my Birthday. Fun stuff.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again this summer and running this match in conjunction with SnipersHide and Frank.

It's going to be a good one...
                            # Please use email instead of "PM's" to contact me.

Comment

For reference only, here was the match handout for the 2012 SHC.

http://competition-dynamics.com/snip...dout-final.pdf

There will be changes for SHC'13, but this may give you an idea what you're getting into and what to expect.
                              # Please use email instead of "PM's" to contact me.

Comment

I will be there again this year, was a blast last year as my first shoot. Will be putting in my vacation once I get back to the office.
                                Downzero- "If you want cold facts, there are plenty on the internet. Google and read."

Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is like having a girlfriend and not sleeping with her so she will be in great shape for the next guy.

Comment

What is the cost of the train up?

Comment

Can't wait, last year was the best match I have ever had the pleasure to attend both shooting and how smoothly it was run.
                                    "This is a web site for serious tactical marksmen. There probably is a web site for serious tactical whiners. If you find it, don't come back to give us the link."-Lindy

Comment

For any SHC sponsors that have not already made arrangements with Frank please contact me to support this event and the rest of the CD series: Jeff@Competition-Dynamics.com.
                                      COMPETITION DYNAMICS: DIRECTOR, SPONSORS - STEEL SAFARI - SNIPER ADV. CHALLENGE - TEAM CHALLENGE
                                      PM to sponsor these events!
                                      AI & Glock armorer
                                      Sims Supervisor

Comment

Am I blind? I looked iver the CD link, and I cant find the registration fee. How much will it be?
                                        "The first shot, is worth all the rest " My Dad.
                                        Major League Chucker's 1,2 & 3
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy0SVo7PDuE
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsbnnjvIJ8o
                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPvbN0MT924
                                        Like DTA? Watch This:
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EMHsIJLk3c

Comment

Same as last year, $300
                                          --Frank Outlaw

Comment

I'm on it like stink on a hippy! This weekend falls in right between my bachelor party and my wedding...... Game time!
                                            "I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it."
                                            -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

The Registration has been written and will go live in the SH Shopping cart at Noon EST on February 15th.

In the cart you can buy your slot to the event and check out and be complete for the match in one go.

No waiting list, no checks, no multiple email confirmations, just answer the questions about your equipment, sign up, pick a train up package if you want one and check out. Really simple.

As noted everyone who signs up in the Shopping Cart from February 15th to March 1st is guaranteed to get in without a waiting list.

My Custom Event really did an awesome job putting together the match registration I think everyone will like it.
                                              --Frank Outlaw

Comment

Can't wait.....
                                                The equipment worked fine and the bullets went in the direction the muzzle was pointed. All the mistakes I made were the result of headspace problems - they happened between the ears. - Graham...following the 2010 SH Cup

....Interview from SHC 2012..."What is your name?...What Advice would you offer to future SHC competitors? John.... Don't Miss...!

Comment

Is this a lost brass match this year? I assume it is -it's hard to run these matches otherwise, but thought I would ask given the high price of ammo and quality brass.

Thanks and I look forward to this match!

Comment

Working...
                                                  X