X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 THUNDER BEAST TEAM CHALLENGE - ANNOUNCEMENT

COMPETITION DYNAMICS and THUNDER BEAST ARMS CORPORATION present The
    2013 THUNDER BEAST TEAM CHALLENGE
    OCT 25-27, 2013 at the Blue Steel Ranch (Logan, NM)

This match is an extreme test of practical field rifle shooting and its supporting activities. Two-man teams will be required to navigate rugged desert terrain, recognize, locate, range, and engage challenging rifle targets from compromised shooting positions, communicate with their partner and the range officer (RO), and do it under time constraints. This match consists of three hour-long field stages, two night stages, and six "assault" stages.

The match details will be available on the CD we site shortly. Registration will go live Jan 2nd.

Some quotes from 2011 competitors:

"Hoser" Freeman - This has got to be one of the funnest and toughest matches I have ever shot. Mike and I finished each field course completely drenched in sweat and heart pounding. Trying to find that wall of how hard to push movement and still being able to settle in to shoot was a great challenge. The night stages were deceptively tough and the assault stages were brutal and fun. The prize table was awesome. Hard to imagine it was all set up well into well after most all companies had done their budgets for the year. Huge thanks to all the companies that supported this match and us shooters. The scoring was perfect. No issues, no drama. I cant wait for next year. Bring it.

Mike Kolar (SRM Match Director) - "I'm really excited about this match -- I want to shoot it again right now!"

FCB on SnipersHide.com - "This was by far the best match I've ever been to and the best test of a rifleman that I've seen."

Quickdraw40 on SnipersHide.com (Team Pro Plate) - "We are lucky in Colorado (Wyoming/Northern New Mexico area) to have venues such as the Blue Steel Ranch. We are also lucky we have persons (Thunderbeast/Competition Dynamics team) who are willing to take the time to organize and run such matches. No square range shooting here folks and you better be in shape. If you have shot Steel Safari, this was like Steel Safari on crack with super cool side matches thrown in for fun. Organized well, no drama, super quick scoring, and an amazing prize table. Thank you to Zak, Ray, Dave, Loraine, Jeff, and all of the ROs. It was a great time!"

The 2012 match thread has photos and video from last year's event
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...Number=2938102
    # Please use email instead of "PM's" to contact me.

Re: 2013 THUNDER BEAST TEAM CHALLENGE - ANNOUNCEMENT

Three of the best shooting days of the year!

Hope to make it this year.
    RLTW

RIP A-2/75 KIA

Dale Brehm and Ricardo Barraza KIA 19 Mar 2006
    Pat Tillman KIA 22 Apr 2004

Comment

Registration goes live in a few hours

Comment

Zak, if you need some Premium AR500 targets for your prize table, we would be happy to fill the slot! Just let us know. Sounds like an awesome match!

Jake
        Jake Vibbert-
        PREMIUM-AR500 STEEL TARGETS!!!
        ****Check out jcsteeltargets.com****

--2 Cor-5:17--

Comment

Jake,

We would be happy to have you as a sponsor. I'll send you the sponsor information.

Best regards,

Jeff
          COMPETITION DYNAMICS: DIRECTOR, SPONSORS - STEEL SAFARI - SNIPER ADV. CHALLENGE - TEAM CHALLENGE
          PM to sponsor these events!
          AI & Glock armorer
          Sims Supervisor

Comment

Registrations should be updated through Friday's mail.

Comment

The following people have overdue payments: 3883 5701

Comment

We still have openings for the TBTC!

Comment

This is an awesome match!
                  http://aatargets.com/

Comment

Does the match still have openings

Comment

Yes, it does

Comment

Just submitted my app. Can't wait, this looks like an awesome time!
                        "I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it."
                        -Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Going to be awesome.

Comment

cant wait.... getting ancy
                            www.azprc.org

Comment

Zak,
                              Under Team Rules, rule #5 states: "On designated stages, the rifle shooter shall use his carbine to engage carbine targets as directed by the stage briefing. He must also carry his rifle in a safe configuration." The photos don't show this but the rules state it so would you clarify what rifle shooters will be required to carry (rifles, packs, etc.) on the assault stages.
                              Thanks,
                              JT

Comment

It will come down to the specific stage briefing, shooter briefing, or the shooter packet. But most of the time, on the "assault" stages, you'll need to bring your gear with you but not on the stage itself, and most of the time will not need the rifle.

Comment

Not a lot of chatter about the match. Everything looking good, nice crowd expected?

Jim and I are really looking forward to it! One of the most fun and unique team matches we've participated in. Great venue and excellent match staff. Only three weeks away!

Comment

I think everyone's doing their final preparations. We have about 25 teams signed up right now.

Comment

The prize table will be awesome as everyone has come to expect!
                                      COMPETITION DYNAMICS: DIRECTOR, SPONSORS - STEEL SAFARI - SNIPER ADV. CHALLENGE - TEAM CHALLENGE
                                      AI & Glock armorer
                                      Sims Supervisor

Comment

Originally posted by Mendocino View Post
                                        The prize table will be awesome as everyone has come to expect!
                                        The only guy who I've ever seen who can pull Kifaru to the prize table and I'm jealous of that!
                                        FaceBook facebook.com/jim.saunders.9421
                                        Cigar's and More
                                        www.Birminghamcigars.com

Team JP/Copper Creek
                                        Gear I Support and USE
                                        Copper Creek Cartridge Company
                                        JP Enterprises
                                        Precision Tactical

Comment

Originally posted by Here2Learn View Post
                                          The only guy who I've ever seen who can pull Kifaru to the prize table and I'm jealous of that!
                                          As matter of fact, I'm sporting an new Kifaru pack thanks to Competition Dynamics - thank-you very much! Looking forward to this year's Team Challenge.
                                          The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.
                                          Frederick Douglass

Comment

The prize table is >$53K with two Barrett Rec-7s a JP-15 as well as lots of optics and other awesome goods!
                                            AI & Glock armorer
                                            Sims Supervisor

Comment

I really wish that I could have made this one. It's bound to be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                                              Greatest Internet Commando Ever !

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                                                I really wish that I could have made this one. It's bound to be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                                                Ditto. First time ever, I can't make this due to a family obligation. Like every CD event though, they set the standard for a well run match, good prizes, fair rules, and challenging shooting. Should be a blast for all who are competing!

Comment

There will be a slight change to the scoring formula on the field stages to emphasize hits a little more over time compared to last year. The specific change will be announced at the shooters' meeting.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X