• Show
Clear All

• 2013 STEEL SAFARI - Match Announcement

COMPETITION DYNAMICS and THUNDER BEAST ARMS CORPORATION present the
    2013 Steel Safari
    June 7-9, 2013
    at the Blue Steel Ranch near Logan, NM
    http://www.STEELSAFARI.com/

The Steel Safari is one of the premier true field long-range practical shooting matches in the country.

This year we will be changing the format to be 3 days of field-course shooting (used to be 2). Each field course will have about 8 stages, so you'll get more total stages over 3 days than we used to get in 2 days.

We are also raising the shooter cap because this format adjustment will allow more shooters. We will be accepting about 66 shooters into this match, so your chances of getting in are very good. After an initial 5-day online registration period, if we're over 66, we'll use the same criteria and categories as last year to select who gets accepted on the first list, and everyone else will go on the wait list. Additional signups will be first come first served. But I really expect everyone who wants to get in to be able to get in.

The 2013 web page isn't ready yet, but I'll have it up in the next week or so.

Registration will go live Jan 2nd.
    # Please use email instead of "PM's" to contact me.

Re: 2013 STEEL SAFARI - Match Announcement

Registration goes live in a few hours

Comment

Damn. I am expecting a baby 7 days before the shoot. Going to have to wait a year. Good luck everyone who gets in. Remember, carry lots of water!!

Comment

We're about 70% full already. Get an application in online if you want to shoot this match!

Comment

Initial slots allocated. We still have a little bit of room left in the match, so apply ASAP if you'd like to shoot the Steel Safari in 2013.

Comment

Zak,
            The registration system works great; it is quick, simple, and efficient. Look forward to the expanded field stage format!

Comment

Tag
              Greatest Internet Commando Ever !

Comment

I'm up to date with all mail that was received by Saturday.

There are still a few more slots left.

Remember that there is a 2 week due date for payment once your application is "accepted."

thanks!

Comment

Are you taking squadding requests yet? If so, when and how?

Comment

The Steel Safari doesn't have squads and everyone hikes out from the same central location, so nope!

Comment

I've got my spot, looking forward to a great time.
                      "I will live a quiet and unobtrusive life, but I will develop and retain the capacity for swift and decisive violence." John Farnam

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, you need to re-examine your strategy!

Comment

We are technically full, but I would encourage anyone interested in shooting the match to put an application in online. The likelihood of being granted a slot is very high. You don't pay until your slot is granted anyway. In prior years, almost everyone who was on the wait list got a shot to shoot.

Comment

Registrations should be updated through Friday's mail.

Comment

The following people have overdue payments: 3604 8892 2377 3351 8229 9680

We do have people on the wait list so if any of you want to shoot you need to get payment to me ASAP.

Comment

Hopefully I will move off the wait list onto the registered list.. I have heard a lot of good things about this comp and it should be a blast!
                              If all else fails, I will retreat up the valley of Virginia, plant my flag on the Blue Ridge, rally around the Scotch-Irish of that region, and make my last stand for liberty amongst a people who will never submit to British tyranny whilst there is a man left to draw a trigger.Ē -- George Washington, at Valley Forge.

Comment

Some movement on the wait list today.

Comment

Originally Posted By: Zak Smith
                                  Some movement on the wait list today.

Sounds good..... I keep checking my email
                                  If all else fails, I will retreat up the valley of Virginia, plant my flag on the Blue Ridge, rally around the Scotch-Irish of that region, and make my last stand for liberty amongst a people who will never submit to British tyranny whilst there is a man left to draw a trigger.Ē -- George Washington, at Valley Forge.

Comment

Some of you may have noticed that your checks haven't been deposited yet. I apologize for this. I have been waiting on some documents from the lawyer before moving to a new bank and I finally got acceptable versions this week. We should be able to deposit your checks next week. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Comment

The match is full but we are down to "0" on the wait list. The chances of getting into the match if you get onto the wait list are very good.

Comment

We had a few people drop out due to personal issues or injuries, and we now have 3 slots open. Sign up online ASAP if you'd like to shoot the Steel Safari.

http://competition-dynamics.com/stee...3/register.php
                                        Last edited by Zak Smith; 04-09-2013, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Steel Safari t-shirts will be available at the match for competitors at $10 for the first one and $15/ea for extras. Please email ann@competition-dynamics.com in the next two days with size and number if you'd like to pre-order. We need to get these to the printer very soon.

thanks
                                          Zak

Comment

And by the way, we do have a couple slots still open. This year we are aiming to run roughly twice the number of competitors vs. prior years, with everyone shooting more than before too.

Comment

Heads up Steel Safari Competitors! The match shirts will be sent to the printers Monday, May 6th by 8am Mountain Time. If you want a match shirt you must give me the size(s) and quantity(s). 1st shirt is $10 additional shirts $15 each. Email me: ann@competition-dynamics.com We will only have shirts for those that order them, we will not have any additional on sale at the match.
                                              COMPETITION DYNAMICS
                                              WORLD CLASS EXTREME SHOOTING EVENTS RUN BY PROFESSIONALS
                                              SH CUP - STEEL SAFARI - SNIPER ADV. CHALLENGE - TB TEAM CHALLENGE

Comment

Estimated actual round count for the match?

Comment

Not more than 27*6

Comment

Working...
                                                  X