Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Pirating, Skip the US Warships and Go for Something Else

Skinnies learned the hard way.

http://tribunist.com/military/heres-...utm_source=MOH

Note to pirates: Don't fuck with a Mk-38...

Comment

so, who pulls the skinnies out of the drink???
      bitches bailed like rats, when she burst into flames...

Comment

Early in the morning of March 18, 2006,,,,, but yes, it definitely needs to happen a lot more often. The 'happy endings' such as these! Just makes you wonder what we don't know, eh?
        God Bless, Stay Safe, and Remember! Go big, or go home.
        My own "Good Guy List": http://forum.snipershide.com/firearm...ml#post1761755

Comment

I have to ask, is anyone hiring on the "civilian security" jobs like these?

R

Comment

Originally posted by Rthur View Post
            I have to ask, is anyone hiring on the "civilian security" jobs like these?

R
            Actually, yes... at least a few years ago. A buddy of mine who was former USBP started one of these firms and was offering me the sun and the moon to come out and play. It was not an opportune time. Though tempting when the temps at Schloss Nitrocellulose were dipping in to the -10 range.

But there are lots of openings for those with some credentials who want to work maritime security and like baking on a hot deck in the sun.

Interesting aside... they'd buy cheap-o AR's for the cruises. Go from ship to ship via helicopter for a few weeks. Then when it was time to port, they would dump the AR's over the side... go to port and have a great time. Spend their huge daily per-diem's. Really. Huge !!! And when the cycle started again, it would be with a new AR. Simply put, they could not port on a commercial vessel with weapons onboard. But they could get new ones with no problem once a few miles off-shore. Choppers would deliver.

There's a lot of nice, low-mileage AR's at the bottom of the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum

Oderint dum metuant

"You went full nerd with that reference." Thanks, I will wear that as a badge of honor!

Comment

LMFAO. I love this shit. Bring your weak sauce up on a man of war? Riiiiight. We and every other Navy should smoke these turds unmercifully. We shooed way more idiots than we should have when we shoulda let the grunts hold target practice off the sponson's. Now someone moist towelette me. ; )
              USS Constellation (CV-64) 80-83 / NAS Key West (Boca Chica) 83-85 / NSGA Homestead AFB 85-87 / USS Midway (CV-41) 87-90 TRUSTY SHELLBACK Since 1981

Comment

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Needs to happen much more.
                As it should be...

Comment

I'm not real bright, but isn't this like trying to pull over a semi from the seat of a moped? WTF are they thinking?
                  Universal means it don't fit nothin'.

Sometimes free ain't cheap enough.

Comment

Originally posted by tnichols View Post
                    I'm not real bright, but isn't this like trying to pull over a semi from the seat of a moped? WTF are they thinking?
                    I cried a little bit.
                    USS Constellation (CV-64) 80-83 / NAS Key West (Boca Chica) 83-85 / NSGA Homestead AFB 85-87 / USS Midway (CV-41) 87-90 TRUSTY SHELLBACK Since 1981

Comment

Should have sunk them and let the prop wash clean up the rest

Comment

And Again

The LORD is My Rock, I will not be shaken

Comment

Notice at 0:26 the fella dumps one into the ships rail.
                          Universal means it don't fit nothin'.

Sometimes free ain't cheap enough.

Comment

I bet the sharks have learned to follow them around.

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post

Actually, yes... at least a few years ago. A buddy of mine who was former USBP started one of these firms and was offering me the sun and the moon to come out and play. It was not an opportune time. Though tempting when the temps at Schloss Nitrocellulose were dipping in to the -10 range.

But there are lots of openings for those with some credentials who want to work maritime security and like baking on a hot deck in the sun.

Interesting aside... they'd buy cheap-o AR's for the cruises. Go from ship to ship via helicopter for a few weeks. Then when it was time to port, they would dump the AR's over the side... go to port and have a great time. Spend their huge daily per-diem's. Really. Huge !!! And when the cycle started again, it would be with a new AR. Simply put, they could not port on a commercial vessel with weapons onboard. But they could get new ones with no problem once a few miles off-shore. Choppers would deliver.

There's a lot of nice, low-mileage AR's at the bottom of the Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean.

Cheers,

Sirhr
                              what about average joes that like money? can we do this?
                              ***************************************************************

I wouldn't shit you. You are my favorite turd.

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot86 View Post
                                so, who pulls the skinnies out of the drink???
                                bitches bailed like rats, when she burst into flames...
                                I am sure we picked them up. They are living in Detroit now.

Comment

Originally posted by tnichols View Post
                                  Notice at 0:26 the fella dumps one into the ships rail.
                                  He put several into the rail. Two different spots. Better issue him a paint brush.

Comment

He's buzzing a few by the aft gunner's head at 0:58 there too.

Comment

Originally posted by BearNaked View Post

what about average joes that like money? can we do this?
                                      i mean, im sure its possible if you know the right people who can vouch for you......but think about it from the position of the shipping company......do you really want bubba-joe whos only training is a 8 hr Tactical Response class being responsible for the security and safety of your multi million dollar ship and crew?

more importantly, think about the liability if something does go wrong.....its a lot easier to defend your choice in security when they have 10 years in the marines, or 15 years SWAT on their resume....than it is to defend some bloke who took a couple training classes.

Comment

Working...
                                      X