728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Reliable - Do We Need Safe Spaces

Larry, Gawd Damn Right, Old Reliable......Seems he was back and is now gone.

Dude certainly has a way about him but there is no denying he knows the practical use of a rifle not just the known distance play crap I do.

I think he has earned his right to his arrogance. Fully understand how his way can certainly throw sand into a vagina but with a step back, moment of thought, you kind of understand wait a minute this makes sense - Hint.

I guess he can turn a thread into a shit show but the thing to do is ignore your own butt hurt, take in the knowledge, and carry on civilly with the people around him. Kind of feel we are going down the road of the snowflakes/window lickers by shutting him up.

I got a kick out of his posting in the "Will this nick in my crown ruin my barrel" threads to show one of his sawzall shortened picasso pieces laying on a ton of dead meat.

Oh well.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 03-19-2017, 12:27 PM.
    "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

So, is Gunfighter the new Bull Goose Loony by default?

Comment

Originally posted by Veer_G View Post
      So, is Gunfighter the new Bull Goose Loony by default?
      Are you throwing your hat in the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by bogeybrown View Post
        When he first reappeared I was like "who the fuck is THIS fuckin guy" and made a wiseass response when he started in on me. Then I searched his other 300 posts in his 7 days and remembered who he was and said to myself "ah, he's THAT fuckin guy, and he probably does know at least most of what he's spouting"

The only "issue" I had, and would have with any member regardless of their demeanor, is that if you have that much knowledge then why make it a point to come here and actively choose NOT to share such knowledge. Amongst us more seasoned members we get the whole "if I have to explain it you wouldn't understand" thing, but there were a lot of newer members in some of those threads who were conducting themselves exactly how we'd like them to. They were asking legitimate questions based on their experience level and actively listening and processing responses. It's not in the forum's benefit for those guys to get actively shit on and belittled. That's what produced the "no attacking new members" policy from the old days.

I can happily look at amazing game and fish pictures featuring rifles that shoot great and look ugly. But it kind of reminded me of some instructors that any of us can remember who clearly had amazing knowledge in their field but couldn't convey it properly.

i don't know what got him ejected this time, but I really hope it wasn't simply hurt feelings.

That "barrel break in video" he did years ago still cracks me up.
        I'm quoting bogey's post simply because id just be repeating him. I remember nobody from way back.

He and I were going back and forth yesterday. I think he's an interesting guy, always have, but he is a total prick. I dont know if thats internet tough guy, or if he's actually like that in person. Doesnt matter either way . I had no intention of hitting the ignore button, and had nothing to do with him getting the hammer.
        Last edited by Supersubes; 03-19-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Fuck that Fucking guy sideways with a Pogo stick! I was in the rimfire section the other day. Talking about 17WSM and he posts all of these pictures that have absolutely nothing to do with rimfire and I'm scratching my head, wondering what the fuck is wrong with this guy. Here I am now and this thread explains it all. I do remember him before the move to scout with his my pictures are bigger than you dick posts. Fuck him! Good riddance cock sucker. If your not even going to be on topic, then go to fucking AR15.com and hang out with those fucking Idiots who never shoot past a 100 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunfighter14e2 View Post

Tap my phone? Laughing, you do not know how funny that is based on who I use to work for or did. Ask around. Again thanks for the laugh.
            1lqr1o.jpg

Comment

The other sections in this place are for exchange of ideas, not insults. Agree with me or I will insult you. Larry acts like a raging liberal, and you are acting like the "news" stations. You and I both know he was never hear to share knowledge. He was here to piss on people, and get banned. He got what he wanted.

Comment

oh yeah...internet tough guy, skinny fucking legs, knows nothing about chainsaws, thinks 7 mag is better than 7wsm
                and hates to fish, fuck a dumb pogue like him...

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot86 View Post
                  oh yeah...internet tough guy, skinny fucking legs, knows nothing about chainsaws, thinks 7 mag is better than 7wsm
                  and hates to fish, fuck a dumb pogue like him...
                  Speaking of cartridge comparisons, did you order that rifle yet?

Comment

no, not yet, still not up to speed, very soon

Comment

Gotta love forum history.

I have no idea who Old Reliable is, or his past beyong a few posts here, but there has to be a limit on reposing your gun & a dead fish for pics. And if you do, delete all but the best. Don't post the whole series, thinking anyone will care.

Comment

Shit, kinda wondered if he'd last the weekend!

For those unaware of Larry's MO, surfin' the Hide forums & gettin' caught up in opposition of him, usually resulted in this...

Like it, or not, he rarely ceased to entertain!

Comment

Off grid for a few days and miss Larry's return...
                          He know's his shit, delivery could be cryptic.

R

Comment

Originally posted by Rthur View Post
                            Off grid for a few days and miss Larry's return...
                            He know's his shit, delivery could be cryptic.

R
                            ... and he smeared it everywhere.

Comment

Geez off the hide for two days and someone gets banned. I had forgot about him from the old days with the funky paint and sawzall barrels. Too bad he couldn't contribute in a slightly more civilized manner. I figured for sure ol reliable was just a douchebag spouting off incoherent gibberish and shitting on fifty threads in a three day period with no actual knowledge. Not sure if any one was really butt hurt just got sick of the condescending crap. Need to keep that to the bear pit and leave the other sections with a little useful info. Not the first time he's been booted bet it won't be the last. Gotta figure maybe he goes a little bat shit after the long Alaska winter lol

Comment

Originally posted by Veer_G View Post

There's no amount of abuse that's worth the slim contribution that he was making. He shit in Stag's thread, as he did in others, and signal-to-noise ratio apparently became a factor. I get the idea that the "wisdom of the ancients" doesn't come cheaply, but not at the price of free license to try and shit all over someone else's dignity. Wanna do that? Do it in a Cabela's or some other likely spot until you make that magic connection and wind up needing maxillofacial surgery. Shooting sports need to grow, and Frank doesn't need the grief of others pointing at us and saying "see, I told you so."
                                Couldn't have been stated better.

In my own private opinion: I looked at every one of his posts and I saw absolutely nothing constructive, or even interesting. If there was some useful information mixed into this puzzles then it would be a different story. Can he shoot? Sure, so can X-thousand other people here without the asshole riddler-bug. There is absolutely no reason for him to shit on posts like he did. He wasn't shitting on the "what reticle should I get" threads either - it was the threads that actually had bearing upon being useful. Absolutely no doubt he has lowered many species' headcounts in his neck of the woods and I know he is a top-notch hunter and shooter. Outside of that he could use a lesson or two in demeanor and tact.

Yeah, a member can very well hit up the ignore function - that simply masks the problem underneath, selfishly if you ask me. I'm still amazed that no one gets the fact that fighting over the Internet is just plain fucking stupid. It's like winning an event at the Special Olympics - you might have won the argument, but your still retarded. No one in support of his asshattery thinks about the big picture - if you get one guy behaving like this, then two, then four - soon every thread looks like a huge trashy-bitch fest.

Scout had elements that everyone bitched about, now we want to welcome the other side of the spectrum? I feel absolutely zero butt-hurt or otherwise dismal mental feelings over anything he said, or anyone has said - it's just all stupid incoherent ranting that didn't help a single person here.

If he were to come back I would hope things would be different and he'd actually try to share his knowledge instead of hiding it in some puzzle or one-word phrase that we are supposed to somehow decode.
                                "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Edison

Comment

Ol Reliable, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Comment

Originally posted by AIAW View Post

No one in support of his asshattery thinks about the big picture - if you get one guy behaving like this, then two, then four - soon every thread looks like a huge trashy-bitch fest
                                    But what about the character building that comes with surviving that kind of asshattery. That's what some are lamenting. Men, real men, forged in the fire of internet ass-hattery...

Back in the '50s, the internet was strictly ONLY for real men.... oh, wait...

Comment

Pint I get it you want everyone to conform to your standards of conduct but that would be a boring world. No one gets to use harsh words, everyone gets handled with kid gloves and we all have "neutral" relationships.

Read the preserved remains of Gawd Damn Right/Old Reliable in the .22 thread...

https://forum.snipershide.com/forum/...4999-what-ammo

Every response was legit. Shit if you read some of the Old English or Norse sagas the type of language Larry uses would fit right in. The guy exhibits a bit of IQ and "style". Perhaps he was an English Major before he became a - whatever he does in Alaska. You can laugh at that but I think you are underestimating someone likely because of your own bias or inability to understand someone that doesnt fit your view.

Its not about "lamenting" or looking for "building character", There are many here that have done much in their lives and know the internet doesn't mean dick in the real world but if you feel that way Im sure you also disdain the training regimen that the USMC has thrived on. Why all the discipline if a kinder gentler approach could produce Marines? Cant we just produce equally good Marines without the Gunny Hartmann routine?

There is something you lack in understanding about "earning your way". Things given freely are seldom valued, things you earn are cared for and appreciated.

Is rifle knowledge something you have to "bleed" for to earn? No, even the Marine Corps lightens up during range week at Parris Island, but someone that gets scope bit seldom lets it happen again.

Lowlight and his designated mods set the standard of conduct here they will be the judges. They have made the decision that is best for the board.

"...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

On a serious note...

Pm for some reason you and Gun like to make everything political. I disagree with either of you then I must be a free loading lib blah blah. The tolerance you seek in allowing Larry to stalk the forums is the very tolerance you denounce when you attack those with an opposing view. HINT.

I've never been given a thing in life. Education was on scholarship, everything i have I've earned.

I don't give a short draw of piss for larry. Ban him, don't, whatever, but you, in your entitled attitude of "my way is the only way" put the bigger picture at risk.

I enjoy mocking the likes of you because its comic relief. In the same manner that you've stated you put up with my feeble mind. Fine. It's a fair and equitable trade although I'd say you have a q-tip to my knife...

However, Larry pissing on people with his style is against ALL our interests wrt to the shooting sports and gun ownership participants.

I have my thing with Veer but if he ever asked a question in the gun forums that i could give a helpful answer then he'd have it. He'd have my sincere thanks if it happened the other way. That's in both our interests.

If neither you or Gun can see that then you're just a pair of dudes playing at being salty on an Internet forum.

Now, reread my entire post in an annoyingly posh english accent.

Last edited by APintOfGuinnessPlease!; 03-20-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

This could have been prevented.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Most+accurate+.22lr+ammo
                                          Last edited by thejeep; 03-20-2017, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Its not your disagreeing with me that makes you a lib its your "smartest man in the room", "think as I do" attitude that makes you a "free loading lib blah, blah". I like your disagreeing with me, it challenges my own beliefs, its your inability to grasp reality that is frustrating.

I sincerely sympathize regarding your posh English accent you should try and work on that. The accent though may be just one reflection on why at times you seem to be in conflict regarding things in this country. I appreciate your coming here and hope you have gained citizenship but I have lived a life here. I have seen the changes and what has occurred over the last 10 -20 years is not good for our country.

America is losing its sense of rugged individualism, responsibility and sense of humor.

This is how the rugged individual American answered adversity...
                                            http://www.wearethemighty.com/articl...rborne-legends

Once upon a time a leader said the "Buck stopped here."

or we made movies like "Blazing Saddles" and could laugh at ourselves and suffer fools kindly. There was unity in being American despite our own differences. Fighting amongst family but uniting against the foreign foe.

You dont realize the loss of these things because I suspect you were not exposed to them in your formative years. America now probably offers you something familiar because it is becoming like what you left.

You dont realize that today we are in an era of decreasing freedoms because you may not have been able to experience the increased freedom we had as short a time ago as 20-25 years. Even what we have now likely far exceeds what passes for freedom in Britain. I know for a fact it does because you admit to having a knife, cant own one of those in Britain - Bin Your Blade! Perhaps in 10 more years, I hope not, you will recognize what we see now but by then it will be far too late.

All this censorship, taking outrageous offense where there should be none, failure to be responsible for oneself, and the inability to take the hit and carry on, are all symptoms of decline.
                                            Last edited by pmclaine; 03-20-2017, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pmclaine View Post
                                              Its not your disagreeing with me that makes you a lib its your "smartest man in the room", "think as I do" attitude that makes you a "free loading lib blah, blah". I like your disagreeing with me, it challenges my own beliefs, its your inability to grasp reality that is frustrating.

I sincerely sympathize regarding your posh English accent you should try and work on that. The accent though may be just one reflection on why at times you seem to be in conflict regarding things in this country. I appreciate your coming here and hope you have gained citizenship but I have lived a life here. I have seen the changes and what has occurred over the last 10 -20 years is not good for our country.

America is losing its sense of rugged individualism, responsibility and sense of humor.

This is how the rugged individual American answered adversity...
                                              http://www.wearethemighty.com/articl...rborne-legends

Once upon a time a leader said the "Buck stopped here."

or we made movies like "Blazing Saddles" and could laugh at ourselves and suffer fools kindly. There was unity in being American despite our own differences. Fighting amongst family but uniting against the foreign foe.

You dont realize the loss of these things because I suspect you were not exposed to them in your formative years. America now probably offers you something familiar because it is becoming like what you left.

You dont realize that today we are in an era of decreasing freedoms because you may not have been able to experience the increased freedom we had as short a time ago as 20-25 years. Even what we have now likely far exceeds what passes for freedom in Britain. I know for a fact it does because you admit to having a knife, cant own one of those in Britain - Bin Your Blade! Perhaps in 10 more years, I hope not, you will recognize what we see now but by then it will be far too late.

All this censorship, taking outrageous offense where there should be none, failure to be responsible for oneself, and the inability to take the hit and carry on, are all symptoms of decline.
                                              ^^^^^ amen ^^^^^
                                              Originally Posted By: InfiniteGrim
                                              it is nearly the same, less all the features.
                                              Originally Posted by: Skg_Mre_Lght
                                              I swear I need to start a magazine.... "Tactical Life - For those that live in Fallujah, Iowa".

Comment

Originally posted by thejeep
                                                This could have been prevented.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Most+accurate+.22lr+ammo
                                                Might as well shut down the forum then if you can't start threads and ask questions or look for advice here. Tell frank to sell to google then if the forum is useless and serves no purpose.

The google search thing makes no sense. 9/10 of the info here could probably be had from a google search so I guess your saying all the posts here should disappear. But...... most google searches for info regarding shooting brings you right back here! This forum is a huge collection of info from a ton of ppl, a great resource. I choose to utilize it rather than google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stag556 View Post

Might as well shut down the forum then if you can't start threads and ask questions or look for advice here. Tell frank to sell to google then if the forum is useless and serves no purpose.

The google search thing makes no sense. 9/10 of the info here could probably be had from a google search so I guess your saying all the posts here should disappear. But...... most google searches for info regarding shooting brings you right back here! This forum is a huge collection of info from a ton of ppl, a great resource. I choose to utilize it rather than google.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                  Stag your thread was fine. Don't sweat it.Hows your gun shooting? Im planning on getting a .22 out this weekend. I usually only shoot it 50 yards at A23 targets and Ive found some surplus Remington from the CMP that I paid $115/5000 works well enough but certainly wouldn't work for some of the more capable shooters.....

Comment

Hope this helps.

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/03/...ression-460467
                                                    Eddie

Comment

Working...
                                                    X