• Unabomber series on Discovery

Had high hopes... very disappointed.

Almost total fiction.

Oh Well....

Cheers,

Sirhr
    Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum

Oderint dum metuant

"You went full nerd with that reference." Thanks, I will wear that as a badge of honor!

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...bomber/378239/

Comment

Written by one of the guys who was involved... Very interesting!

Author is brother of one of my closest friends.

Sirhr

Greg Stejskal served as an FBI agent for 31 years and retired as resident agent in charge of the Ann Arbor office.†Stejskal was the case agent on the UNABOM† bombing that targeted Michigan Prof. James McConnell in 1985, and investigated Kaczynskiís time at Michigan as a grad student. By Greg Stejskal ticklethewire.com The Discovery Channel Ö
      Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum

Oderint dum metuant

"You went full nerd with that reference." Thanks, I will wear that as a badge of honor!

Comment

Not that I agree with his tactics, but something to ponder: Now that the world is being exposed to the mere infancy of robotics and AI, was he incorrect in his basic premise regarding technology and the end game?

Two books every American should read:

The Tavistock Institute of Human Relations - Shaping the Moral, Spiritual, Cultural, and Political Decline of the United States of America (a free PDF)

The Creature From Jekyll Island - A Second look at the Federal Reserve (a free PDF)

Comment

It's like Discovery Channel to come up with some bullshit drama instead of an informative documentary.

I quit watching Discovery in 2014 when "Shark Week" f turned into a fictional "horror- mentary". Including previously 'unknown' footage of a 30' great white that stalks and hunts people and boats...until it was analysed.

I like Mike Rowe with "Deadliest Catch" an "Dirty Jobs" but Discovery's normal bullshit of adding drama where it ain't leaves little credibility for any show on their channel.
          Last edited by sandwarrior; 08-21-2017, 02:35 PM.
          Every shot serves a purpose, whether accurate or inaccurate. It will always tell you what you did, and did not do, right. Even if all you have is a fraction of a second to make it, learn from it. So the next one is even better.

The pen is only mighty when it is backed by the sword.

Comment

did not watch most of it (too confusing with flashbacks) but did not Ted's brother identify the Unabomber and the FBI were more or less clueless?

Comment

Originally posted by steve_podleski View Post
              did not watch most of it (too confusing with flashbacks) but did not Ted's brother identify the Unabomber and the FBI were more or less clueless?
              Yep, Ted's brother and his brother's wife

Comment

Originally posted by hollowoutadime View Post

Yep, Ted's brother and his brother's wife
                Yup, and he had said something before, but until they got his manifesto, they ignored him.
                Every shot serves a purpose, whether accurate or inaccurate. It will always tell you what you did, and did not do, right. Even if all you have is a fraction of a second to make it, learn from it. So the next one is even better.

The pen is only mighty when it is backed by the sword.

Comment

Working...
                X