728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

looking to get some guys together to meet up and do some shooting at manatee gun range,located about 20mile east of I-75 off SR 64
    no date set yet have to wait til CDI get finished with my rifle,but would like to meet up about once a month
    .308 Savage tactical,
    .223 Remington 700 in a mcree
    6.5 grendel AR
    260 remington 700,manner t4a,rock creek barrel

• Nice to see some activity here!

Hoping to see what the improvements comprise at MGA. I haven't been down since March. .. Fucked up my back in July and just getting back into recreational stuff .

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is King.

Comment

• Just got a DPMS 308 in a trade. Guess I have to go shooting again to see if it's worth keeping.
      Oh, darn!

Comment

• Yeah I haven't been to Manatee yet so I'm game. Just got back from the Shoot Shack though. Checking zeroes, chrono'd, and load testing today.

Comment

• So I contacted the Manatee range and the 600 yd berm is open. The 1000 yd berm is undergoing renovations.

They also mentioned that you have to qualify to shoot the 600 yd targets. Anyone know what that's about and what it entails?

Comment

• Well that will be fun
            .308 Savage tactical,
            6.5 grendel AR

Comment

• Guys,
              I went right after Erma passed and they opened. The range has gone to a very square range. One lane, one target. No more going from one distance to another. The lanes are 50Y, 100, 200, and 300. That is it. To shoot at 600 you will need to shoot 6" group at 300. You can thank all the potato heads for that. Look I got a RPR in 6.5, I know what I am doing. I will still go from time to time, can always use a good laugh. Thinking hard about paying my dues for the coming year. DD

Comment

• What a bunch of B.S
                .308 Savage tactical,
                6.5 grendel AR

Comment

• That sucks. I want to be able to get some DOPE at 600 and 1K. Do you know if you have to qualify every time you show up to the range?

Comment

• Originally posted by shotdown View Post
                    That sucks. I want to be able to get some DOPE at 600 and 1K. Do you know if you have to qualify every time you show up to the range?
                    I doubt it. That would be unusual. Why don't you come up to Volusia December 9th for our once months Saturday LR practice and Qualifying? We can shoot out to 1000, but there are no benches or tables. We have a platform at each of two stations or shoot from your truck in a cow pasture. Plenty of steel out and always someone there to help spot.

you can get numbers at all sorts of data points.

Comment

• Originally posted by lash View Post

I doubt it. That would be unusual. Why don't you come up to Volusia December 9th for our once months Saturday LR practice and Qualifying? We can shoot out to 1000, but there are no benches or tables. We have a platform at each of two stations or shoot from your truck in a cow pasture. Plenty of steel out and always someone there to help spot.

you can get numbers at all sorts of data points.
                      I recently found out about Volusia but was unable to sign up for the practice/qualifier this month. Do you have to qualify there every month to shoot the local match? That is the closest LR match that I know of but it's 2:30 hrs away.

Comment

• If you have dope out to 1000 that is verified in your rifle, you can shoot the match. We do not qualify anyone at the match. Nor do we test you. If you haven't shot out to distance at all, you can opt to pay less and just shoot the short side. The short side is the morning portion, that includes targets and steel out to only 300 meters. The long side has targets anywhere out to 1000, sometimes 1200.

There are two long range practices almost every month. The second Saturday of each month and the Wednesday before the match. You can qualify just the once at one of these practices and it is a relatively informal process. The whole purpose is to make sure that you and your rifle are repeatable and can safely put rounds on target out to 1000. This allows you to gather your dope and ensures us that you will not be flinging rounds over berms or otherwise shooting in an uncontrolled manner.

Safety is paramount, but we also expect that you will all act responsibly as adults. We are not babysitters and there is no "staff". Just a couple volunteers that would probably rather be shooting, but want to make sure that people have a chance and a place to shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by lash View Post
                          If you have dope out to 1000 that is verified in your rifle, you can shoot the match. We do not qualify anyone at the match. Nor do we test you. If you haven't shot out to distance at all, you can opt to pay less and just shoot the short side. The short side is the morning portion, that includes targets and steel out to only 300 meters. The long side has targets anywhere out to 1000, sometimes 1200.

There are two long range practices almost every month. The second Saturday of each month and the Wednesday before the match. You can qualify just the once at one of these practices and it is a relatively informal process. The whole purpose is to make sure that you and your rifle are repeatable and can safely put rounds on target out to 1000. This allows you to gather your dope and ensures us that you will not be flinging rounds over berms or otherwise shooting in an uncontrolled manner.

Safety is paramount, but we also expect that you will all act responsibly as adults. We are not babysitters and there is no "staff". Just a couple volunteers that would probably rather be shooting, but want to make sure that people have a chance and a place to shoot.
                          Cool. Got to join you guys. I do have DOPE out to 1400 yds with my 6.5 and 1600 yds with my 6XC. I'm relatively new to the Southeast and most of my shooting was in the Southwest. So I wouldn't mind verifying data here in the Southeast. Hope to catch you guys in Dec.

Comment

Working...
                          X