• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Wisconsin Events and Shooting thread

2018 discussion and chatter thread -

Cheers
    oneshot.onehit

Some cool info on a TV show below - King of 2 Mile on the Pursuit Outdoor channel.
    Last edited by oneshot.onehit; 01-10-2018, 08:08 AM.
    oneshot.onehit

I have the series set to record!

Ed was good enough to chamber up my old 260 barrel to 6.5-47L for my old boy (Buzz). It's got a short threat because I wanted to shoot lighter bullets to reduce the recoils for him since he is only an 80lb 10 year old. Well, took it out on Tuesday and did a little rough load development with varget and 120amax. Showed promise so I loaded 20 of the best shooting load to take out to a friends farm to shoot. We set steel at 225,318 and 400 because the land owner has never really shot past 100 yards. He said his zero was good at 100 and I brough a couple larger plates for confidence. Had him making hits with his ar on a 8" plate with his AR and 55gr vmax factory ammo. He was stoked!

We took out a couple of my guns and I wanted to see what Buzz's gun could do at distance so he jokingly suggested we put a plate at the far end of the field we were shooting by a little gravel pile. I said "hell yeah!" To his surprise it lasered out at 1200 even. I had 10 rounds left. After 5 to true the drop and wind I put 2 rounds on he 10x13" plate and the final 3 into 4" on the 12" round plate beside it! Needless to say I'm very happy with how it shoots!! 44moa of drop and 6moa of wind.

My 300wsm, shooting 210vlds at 2850 were using 5moa of wind for comparison.

Another great start to the year and I think another guy bitten by the long range bug.
    Life is meant to be spent not saved!

Comment

Excellent to hear Geno

Glad to see another one in the area getting the shooting bug. It looks like you got a tack driver as well, a nice setup for Buzz.

Cheers

oneshot.onehit
      Last edited by oneshot.onehit; 01-11-2018, 07:10 AM.
      oneshot.onehit

Comment

Last I heard about Racine they were hoping to get one spring and one fall match in around the land work.

Made it out today with Garrett G to Shiocton. Shot a little prone and a little off my tripod. I still need tripod work. I also brought the AR out and got that dialed in a bit closer.
        Accuracy International AT
        Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
        SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
        Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

IMG_1143.JPG Got the new fx 120i on the way! Let's see those SDs shrink! Spring for Buzz's model 70 came in today too.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Geno C.; 01-16-2018, 05:17 PM.
          Life is meant to be spent not saved!

Comment

Hopefully I can add a few things to your new toy pile Mondayish.
            Accuracy International AT
            Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
            SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
            Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

Geno

You're going to love the FX120

Cheers
              oneshot.onehit

Comment

Working...
              X