Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin 2017 events thread

A lot of great things happening here in 2017

Post any info on events of interest, questions or discussion.

Cheers
    oneshot.onehit
    oneshot.onehit

I managed to have a good day with Garrett and Miles. High and dry where we shoot from and the field wasn't even muddy! All the plates will need more paint
    Life is meant to be spent not saved!

Comment

Originally posted by Geno C.
      I managed to have a good day with Garrett and Miles. High and dry where we shoot from and the field wasn't even muddy! All the plates will need more paint
      Always a good day when you get to shoot. Always a better day when the field is dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2015 AI AX308
      24" Bartlein 6.5 Creed w/ lil bastard
      S&B PMII 5-25x56 H59
      Spuhr 4002
      Atlas

Comment

Originally posted by Geno C. View Post
        Agreed, it was a good day! Weather was perfect and it felt good to go out and ring some steel. That beer afterwards tasted great!
        "The Catholics have churches, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have the Pawtucket Brewery." Peter Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by northern50 View Post

Agreed, it was a good day! Weather was perfect and it felt good to go out and ring some steel. That beer afterwards tasted great!
          I'll make sure we fire up the grill along with the beers next time!

Comment

I got the floating shooting platform finished. Tested it out a little bit. I think it should work pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Accuracy International AT
            Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
            SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
            Vortex Gen II 4.5x27
            Spuhr 4006
            Atlas V8 with claw feet
            Tab Gear sling​​​

Comment

Doesn't look like it's the most portable thing... it would fit where we shoot from at my place though.

Comment

I'll be headed out about lunch time for a little while if someone wants to come. I know it's short notice.

Comment

I'll be headed out about lunch time for a little while if someone wants to come. I know it's short notice.
                  Thanks for the invite but already made plans with my cousin and a guy from work to shoot at Shiocton. Perhaps another time.
                  2015 AI AX308
                  24" Bartlein 6.5 Creed w/ lil bastard
                  S&B PMII 5-25x56 H59
                  Spuhr 4002
                  Atlas

Comment

No worries. Just throwing it out there is some was looking for a place to shoot. Have fun

Comment

Steel shoot at the Columbus sportsmens range at 5:30 tonight. They have paper and steel shoots in alternating mondays there. Today will be a test run for Garrett and I. As long as he doesn't puss out on account of a few sprinkles

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I'll be making it to a few of these for sure. I'll be the guy with the nice rig that can't shoot for shit.
                        Last edited by Mr. Zick; 04-10-2017, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Well, not only did Garrett back out but I did too. Looked a bit more than sprinkles down there. Down right ugly! Maybe next week for the paper

Comment

Geno, a test run? Nothing like a good trigger pull with a little camaraderie afterwards. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks.

Cheers

oneshot
                            oneshot.onehit

Comment

Yeah, kind of a test run of the new spot I guess. To see how it is. This is he first summer they are doing this is what I was told.

Lookin forward to seeing everyone at the Hilton!

Comment

Well, not only did Garrett back out but I did too. Looked a bit more than sprinkles down there. Down right ugly! Maybe next week for the paper
                                Lol, I was practicing my Chinese soldering skills last night. Took me about an hour to solder up my data cable to tether the laser to the Trimble. Those tiny pins are a pain in the arse to work with. All is good and I didn't have to pay out the rear to Vectronix for a stinking cable. looking forward to some field time. See you all in a couple weeks.

Geno, I'll let you know about Monday, it's tentative as I have a few shop projects I want to get at before heading over to Will's next week.
                                "The Catholics have churches, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have the Pawtucket Brewery." Peter Griffin

Comment

If it's not pouring for a third week in a row, I'll go. The storms down there were a bit much for me to make the ride to find out they were cancelled or something

Comment

A few of us shot there in 2015 at their July balloon shoot, it was a nice setup for shooting.

Cheers
                                    oneshot

oneshot.onehit

Comment

Hey all! I'm a little late to the party. Er, Forum, but thought I'd check in. I'm in Oshkosh, but I grew up out in the cranberry country west of Wisconsin Rapids (actually closer to Babcock and Pittsville). I've been spending a lot of time with handguns over the past few years, but am starting to get back in to long range shooting with my rifles. Hope to get a chance to shoot with some of y'all at some point in the future.

Comment

Theres a bunch of us that hang in the Pittsville area that are into shooting, I used to post a lot of stuff here as to what is going on, it seems Facebook has taken over some on staying in the loop but the WI. Thread here is still a good place to see what is going on in the area. There is a lot of steel punchers here that can pass along a ton of good advice as well as some that stretch out to 2 miles in which is a whole different Science class. So stay involved hopefully you can hook up in some good camaraderie and shooting - most of all questions - ask away, good people here.

Cheers
                                        oneshot
                                        oneshot.onehit

Comment

As much as I hate it I gotta ask what exactly to search for on Facebook. I'm 29 and kind of a technological recluse but I suppose I might look into it if rifles were involved. Thanks. And before all you older gents write me off as one of those yuppie kids, I don't like them either.

Comment

Some of our best shooters are 29 - 30+ so don't count yourself short.

Cheers
                                            oneshot
                                            oneshot.onehit

Comment

Search for Wisconsin Precision Rifle Steel Challange. That's the page where we run PRS style matches down in Racine. Also look on Facebook or Google for Border Wars Series.
                                              Accuracy International AT
                                              Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
                                              SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
                                              Vortex Gen II 4.5x27
                                              Spuhr 4006
                                              Atlas V8 with claw feet
                                              Tab Gear sling​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Zick View Post
                                                As much as I hate it I gotta ask what exactly to search for on Facebook. I'm 29 and kind of a technological recluse but I suppose I might look into it if rifles were involved. Thanks. And before all you older gents write me off as one of those yuppie kids, I don't like them either.
                                                Or start shooting with Merc and oneshot, they keep a guy in the loop pretty well. It only takes one or two matches and you know enough guys to keep you busy shooting a lot!

Comment

i take it most you guys are central and south eastern wisconsin? anyone in north western wisconsin?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X