Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin 2017 events thread

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wisconsin 2017 events thread

    A lot of great things happening here in 2017

    Post any info on events of interest, questions or discussion.




    Cheers
    oneshot.onehit
    oneshot.onehit

  • #26
    Mercracing

    Worked on finishing up the new barrel on the 375 this last weekend, I might get back in time Friday to put the rifle all back together and run some test loads prior to the 700 Coldbore at Foxtrackers Saturday - thats a big might.

    Nice shooting Zick not bad at all.


    Cheers
    oneshot.onehit
    oneshot.onehit

    Comment


    • #27
      I wish you you guys the best of luck on the cold bore shoot, but currently it's not looking like i'll be able to make it. Hopefully we can get together before the hilltop shoot.

      Originally posted by oneshot.onehit View Post
      Mercracing

      Worked on finishing up the new barrel on the 375 this last weekend, I might get back in time Friday to put the rifle all back together and run some test loads prior to the 700 Coldbore at Foxtrackers Saturday - thats a big might.

      Nice shooting Zick not bad at all.


      Cheers
      oneshot.onehit
      Accuracy International AT
      Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
      SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
      Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

      Comment


      • #28
        I think I have the picture thing kind of figured out. Now if I could just get them normal sized instead of thumbnail
        Life is meant to be spent not saved!

        Comment


        • #29
          Good seeing everyone at Foxtrackers on Saturday!

          There's an Auto-loader group shoot at T&T Riders Saturday, March 25th - 10:30a sign-up

          Any auto-loading rifle, any optic
          Must be fed from a magazine - no single feeding
          Borrowed rifles can only shoot once

          5-shot groups as follows: 2@100 2@200, 20-rounds total.

          Cash prizes for best group at 100, best group at 200, and best group of aggregate (all shots totaled)

          Comment


          • #30
            Originally posted by Knightslugger View Post
            Good seeing everyone at Foxtrackers on Saturday!

            There's an Auto-loader group shoot at T&T Riders Saturday, March 25th - 10:30a sign-up

            Any auto-loading rifle, any optic
            Must be fed from a magazine - no single feeding
            Borrowed rifles can only shoot once

            5-shot groups as follows: 2@100 2@200, 20-rounds total.

            Cash prizes for best group at 100, best group at 200, and best group of aggregate (all shots totaled)

            Thanks for the info

            I know I have been out of the shooting some lately - but rumor has it you shot very well at Foxtrackers if so a Big Congrats! for taking 1st place. I think I heard you did an excellent job pulling the trigger at the TNT club as well lately.

            Cheers

            oneshot.onehit

            oneshot.onehit

            Comment


            • #31
              Originally posted by oneshot.onehit View Post


              Thanks for the info

              I know I have been out of the shooting some lately - but rumor has it you shot very well at Foxtrackers if so a Big Congrats! for taking 1st place. I think I heard you did an excellent job pulling the trigger at the TNT club as well lately.

              Cheers

              oneshot.onehit
              Thanks! There sure is a lot of faith placed in that one cartridge for cold-bore shooting. She didn't let me down, and i'm glad of it. i shot first place at T&T this last time too, that was a lot of fun. 2.1 inch-ish? Really windy. Might do some boarder wars shooting this summer, we'll see. Summer weekend schedule is already pretty darn packed!

              Comment


              • #32
                So lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a Precision Rifle club here is WI. It's still in the extremely early stages. I'd really like to do something that brings Wisconsin's precision shooting community together. Some way to identify us as WI shooters as we start to branch out into the PRS, NRL, Competition Dynamics, Border Wars and even independent matches such as the Mammoth Sniper Challenge.

                There are a few major hurdles:

                1) A home range. Finding a home range to hold matches at, that is centrally located is difficult.

                2) Locations of our members. We are extremely spread out. Getting people together would be difficult.

                A solution to "1)" is that we just organize practice sessions around WI at various public/private ranges.

                I'm open to thoughts and opinions. Please play devils advocate on this.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2015 AI AX308
                24" Bartlein 6.5 Creed w/ lil bastard
                S&B PMII 5-25x56 H59
                Spuhr 4002
                Atlas

                Comment


                • #33
                  Originally posted by RoterJager View Post
                  So lately I've been toying with the idea of starting a Precision Rifle club here is WI. It's still in the extremely early stages. I'd really like to do something that brings Wisconsin's precision shooting community together. Some way to identify us as WI shooters as we start to branch out into the PRS, NRL, Competition Dynamics, Border Wars and even independent matches such as the Mammoth Sniper Challenge.

                  There are a few major hurdles:

                  1) A home range. Finding a home range to hold matches at, that is centrally located is difficult.

                  2) Locations of our members. We are extremely spread out. Getting people together would be difficult.

                  A solution to "1)" is that we just organize practice sessions around WI at various public/private ranges.

                  I'm open to thoughts and opinions. Please play devils advocate on this.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  In regards to 1. Does there need to be a "home" range? There is a couple of us in the Valley, we could try to use Shiocton. There are those more West. We could look into private land or Rapids or Wausau ranges.
                  Accuracy International AT
                  Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
                  SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
                  Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

                  Comment


                  • #34
                    Originally posted by mercracing View Post

                    In regards to 1. Does there need to be a "home" range? There is a couple of us in the Valley, we could try to use Shiocton. There are those more West. We could look into private land or Rapids or Wausau ranges.
                    I'm toying with the idea of letting individuals run practice session as they see fit. This is in the very early concept stages and to be quite honest how or if it will work.
                    2015 AI AX308
                    24" Bartlein 6.5 Creed w/ lil bastard
                    S&B PMII 5-25x56 H59
                    Spuhr 4002
                    Atlas

                    Comment


                    • #35
                      I find the concept interesting. The way I've found it to be with anyone I've met from wi that I've shot with is, if they want me to shoot with them, they give me a call. And likewise it goes the other way. Not everyone has a good place to shoot. We all like to get together to shoot but finding the time that matches up for everyone is hard.

                      The place ace I have access to is not really suited for a lot of people but a few isn't a big deal. Don't think a match will ever happen there but never say never. I guess I just never saw a need to be a club so we could shoot together.

                      My situation is a little different from most though. I don't really shoot in the summer and most matches are out of the question for me so my opinion really isn't too relevant.
                      Life is meant to be spent not saved!

                      Comment


                      • #36
                        Hey fellas, I just moved to Wisconsin and looking to get shooting some matches this year. I am having trouble locating matches, is there a resource that lists most of these events? I'm located in Wausau, thanks guys for any help!


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • #37
                          Originally posted by WIVigilance View Post
                          Hey fellas, I just moved to Wisconsin and looking to get shooting some matches this year. I am having trouble locating matches, is there a resource that lists most of these events? I'm located in Wausau, thanks guys for any help!


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I haven't found a consolidated one, but this thread is a good one for most of the local central Wisconsin-ish stuff.

                          For around Wausau, there's 600 yard 5-shot group shoots at the Mosinee public range in the summer months hosted by The Marathon county rifle & pistol club, inc. I dont think they have a schedule up yet though. They're on facebook.

                          You just missed the Marv Bohmann Memorial 700-yard cold bore shoot in Marshfield. First Saturday of march every year.

                          T&T Riders in Marshfield has 5-shot group shoots during the winter months and rifle and pistol pin shoots during the summer. I'll try to keep those shoots up to date here. The facebook page is mostly for dirtbike riders as the shoots are hosted at a motocross track. There's an auto-loader shoot coming up, details above.

                          Wisconsin Precision Rifle Steel Challenge series hosts shoots over near racine i think. They have a facebook page as well.

                          There's a private range in Wood County near the public range where they host 600-yard benchrest stuff. not sure what it's called though, but i've been there a few times.

                          There's Benchrest F-Class type shooting in Eau Claire and Lodi and others in the summer. NRA stuff.

                          Comment


                          • #38
                            Originally posted by Knightslugger

                            I haven't found a consolidated one, but this thread is a good one for most of the local central Wisconsin-ish stuff.

                            For around Wausau, there's 600 yard 5-shot group shoots at the Mosinee public range in the summer months hosted by The Marathon county rifle & pistol club, inc. I dont think they have a schedule up yet though. They're on facebook.

                            You just missed the Marv Bohmann Memorial 700-yard cold bore shoot in Marshfield. First Saturday of march every year.

                            T&T Riders in Marshfield has 5-shot group shoots during the winter months and rifle and pistol pin shoots during the summer. I'll try to keep those shoots up to date here. The facebook page is mostly for dirtbike riders as the shoots are hosted at a motocross track. There's an auto-loader shoot coming up, details above.

                            Wisconsin Precision Rifle Steel Challenge series hosts shoots over near racine i think. They have a facebook page as well.

                            There's a private range in Wood County near the public range where they host 600-yard benchrest stuff. not sure what it's called though, but i've been there a few times.

                            There's Benchrest F-Class type shooting in Eau Claire and Lodi and others in the summer. NRA stuff.
                            Thanks, that's a good start. I'll stay tuned to this page to keep up to date. I checked out the marathon county rifle and pistol club site a while ago and they do have dates up. It seems to be just benchrest, I'm also looking for run n gun type matches. Below is the marathon county rifle and pistol website link.

                            http://www.marathoncountyrifleandpistolclub.com/

                            Comment


                            • #39
                              I think the Central WI Sportsmans Club in Marshfield has 3 Gun events, Call Bulls Eye Sports in Marshfield and ask they can give you the details.

                              Cheers
                              oneshot.onehit

                              oneshot.onehit

                              Comment


                              • #40
                                Originally posted by oneshot.onehit
                                I think the Central WI Sportsmans Club in Marshfield has 3 Gun events, Call Bulls Eye Sports in Marshfield and ask they can give you the details.

                                Cheers
                                oneshot.onehit

                                Thanks, will do

                                Comment


                                • #41
                                  Wisconsin Rapids, 50 minutes south.. we have a 600yd range and a nice indoor range. Third Thursday of the month is the club meeting at 6pm, tomorrow night is the march meeting. I've shot at the marathon county range when I lived in Wausau, nice but way to nazi like and they wouldn't let us use the 600yd range.. like we we're mortals since we weren't law enforcement, oh well.

                                  There's no range officer to deal with at the Rapids range, once your a member you use it and take care of it as it's yours. Nice place.

                                  Welcome to Wi.


                                  "The Catholics have churches, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have the Pawtucket Brewery." Peter Griffin

                                  Comment


                                  • #42

                                    Comment


                                    • #43
                                      Very nice! Where about is that?
                                      Accuracy International AT
                                      Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
                                      SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
                                      Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

                                      Comment


                                      • #44
                                        Southwest side of the state I'd guess
                                        Life is meant to be spent not saved!

                                        Comment


                                        • #45
                                          I may have to try to tag along someday. Looks like an interesting spot!

                                          Comment


                                          • #46
                                            Outside prairie du sac. My family's private quarry over and well into the neighbors. Ill try to set aside a Saturday or Sunday to shoot with some of you all some time this summer.

                                            Comment


                                            • #47
                                              Originally posted by Mr. Zick View Post
                                              Outside prairie du sac. My family's private quarry over and well into the neighbors. Ill try to set aside a Saturday or Sunday to shoot with some of you all some time this summer.
                                              I'm only 20 miles from PDS, so we'll make something work but the next few months are not looking good for me. There are probably a few of us around that should get together for a bit of trigger time. God knows I haven't had much in the past year. Work interrupts too much. Not much around for public places to shoot, and I don't care much for those ranges anyhow. Most of us just find a friend or neighbor that will let us set up and shoot.

                                              Comment


                                              • #48
                                                Originally posted by Mr. Zick View Post
                                                Outside prairie du sac. My family's private quarry over and well into the neighbors. Ill try to set aside a Saturday or Sunday to shoot with some of you all some time this summer.
                                                I'll have to get in touch sometime. I make it down to Baraboo every other month or so.
                                                Accuracy International AT
                                                Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
                                                SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
                                                Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

                                                Comment


                                                • #49
                                                  Mr Zick

                                                  Nice looking picture, I'm not sure if the background or rifle looks sharper. Again a sweet picture.

                                                  Cheers
                                                  oneshot
                                                  oneshot.onehit

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #50
                                                    A person might need a small flat boat or 6 wheeler to get around after all the rain in some areas but it should be a nice weekend for some load testing. Good luck folks.



                                                    oneshot.onehit


                                                    oneshot.onehit

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X