Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin 2017 events thread

A lot of great things happening here in 2017

Post any info on events of interest, questions or discussion.

Cheers
    oneshot.onehit
    oneshot.onehit

My wife has had the worst luck with keurig coffee makers. I'm thinking about hosting a keurig shoot. Those things are JUNK!

Comment

Bring it down this weekend and we'll see how small the pieces are when we're done!
      Life is meant to be spent not saved!

Comment

Looks like its good shooting weather this weekend!
        Accuracy International AT
        Stubby 308 or Tooley 24" .260
        SiCo Harvester or Area 419 Hellfire
        Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

I had plans to get out this Sunday but my backs been out.

Hey Will, any spots left? I've been meaning to message you on facebook. I didn't know if Garrett put me down or not.
          ~Everyone is King when there's no one left to pawn.

Comment

I'll get you signed up. I'll have some pain killer for you after the match too.

Comment

Austan, you're number 50. See you here!

Comment

Originally posted by wbrenner View Post
                I'll get you signed up. I'll have some pain killer for you after the match too.
                Thanks man!

I think currently the only thing that would help the pain would have to come from the kind of people Marty knows, but I'll definitely bring my thirst.
                ~Everyone is King when there's no one left to pawn.

Comment

Great time shooting Sunday with Geno and Garrett. Hopefully I get everything ironed out before the first shoot of the year!
                  Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

What you got going on with the new build?
                    oneshot.onehit

Comment

I'm only 48 shots into the new barrel so I'm not overly concerned yet. I was having some funny velocity readings. I'm gonna give it a good clean and try and run a bunch more through this weekend and see what I get. If I was reading the boxes correctly, I might also have had one box that was a different lot number.
                      Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

Saturday is not looking like a good day to be out shooting. I'll be taking advantage of the good weather today. A little breezy for the forming loads on the 223ai but the 260 forming loads will be just fine.
                        Last edited by Geno C.; 02-21-2017, 08:37 AM.
                        Life is meant to be spent not saved!

Comment

I wanna go shoot guns... I'm stuck in the garage anodizing parts. Gotta get this shit done while the temps are nice and I can work with the door open, at least the rifle will be done for the most part. I'd like to make a bit taller cheek piece but that can be done later, about sick of working on it.
                          "The Catholics have churches, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have the Pawtucket Brewery." Peter Griffin

Comment

Northern50

I know the feeling, the 375 is is a pile of pieces getting a bunch of fit and finish issues cleaned up and a different barrel spun.

Almost ready to reassemble, actually I haven't been home much since the New Year's Day shoot due to work, defiantly looking foward to the trip down south.

Does anyone have plans on shooting the Coldbore event out to 700 yards south of Marshfield March 4th?

Cheers

oneshot.onehit
                            oneshot.onehit

Comment

Where can I find the details on this coldbore shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by oneshot.onehit View Post
                                Northern50

I know the feeling, the 375 is is a pile of pieces getting a bunch of fit and finish issues cleaned up and a different barrel spun.

Almost ready to reassemble, actually I haven't been home much since the New Year's Day shoot due to work, defiantly looking foward to the trip down south.

Does anyone have plans on shooting the Coldbore event out to 700 yards south of Marshfield March 4th?

Cheers

oneshot.onehit
                                "The Catholics have churches, fat people have Wisconsin, and I have the Pawtucket Brewery." Peter Griffin

Comment

Good to hear, new barrel going on I assume?

We we need to get out shooting ASAP!

I wont make the coldbore shoot, I'll be busy turning bullets. This coming weekend was when that was going to happen but pending snow storm and a large production run on the lathe is pushing it back a week. No biggie, just gotta stay focused on the end goal... KO2M

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Zick View Post
                                    Where can I find the details on this coldbore shoot?
                                    I wouldn't mind knowing myself.

Comment

What are the details of the cold bore shoot?
                                      Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

northern50
                                        Yes my other barrel 10-4 on the mindset towards the K02M

The Coldbore event info - Marv Bohman Memorial Shoot Saturady March 4th

I think the entry fee is still $10.00 per rifle

Hunters class
                                        Sign up starts at 10:00 am and closes at 11:00 am
                                        One hunting gun shot per person, each rifle can only be shot once that day
                                        Max scope power 15
                                        factory hunting gun - No Customs or heavy barrels
                                        Gun and scope max weight 10 lbs.
                                        Target range 700 yards

Custom Class ( No 50s ) northern50 I'm just passing on the info - not making any rules - not my club
                                        Note a shooter can enter two different rifles in this class - but no gun can be shot more then twice - so yes a freind can shoot your rifle also
                                        Range 700 yards

Take Highway A south from Marshfield, WI. a few miles then take Fox Lane east to end of road - Fox Trackers Club House

Cheers
                                        oneshot.onehit
                                        Last edited by oneshot.onehit; 02-22-2017, 08:47 PM.
                                        oneshot.onehit

Comment

50, what material exactly are you making bullets from? I'd like to file a little bit of trivia.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrenner View Post
                                            50, what material exactly are you making bullets from? I'd like to file a little bit of trivia.
                                            360brass is the common solid everyone uses, so far it has been good for what we have been making. Copper seems to be some people's favorite but Dang the $ on that stuff when you are turning 50 solids.. Oil impregnated bronze makes for some awesome smoke trails.

Oneshot, I hear ya on the no 50's rule.. I gave one of the contractors that works for me some shit about it, he's a member there. Apparently those guys don't get F = M * A

Comment

Messing around with the pic thing. Not sure what this target was from, kinda sucking it up on the posting pics from the iPad it starts out easy, then gets muddled up when trying to change the pic from a thumbnail size to a larger version being a small. Can't figure out how to eliminate the thumbnail size afterwards.
                                              Last edited by oneshot.onehit; 02-24-2017, 10:31 AM.
                                              oneshot.onehit

Comment

Anyone make it out this weekend? I was able to get out and get the new 260 barrel squared away so I'm happy.
                                                Vortex Gen II 4.5x27

Comment

Cold bore group today at 100yds. Factory 6.5cm 140eld. I'm getting a bit better, still new to this game.
                                                  Last edited by Mr. Zick; 02-26-2017, 09:24 PM. Reason: First image post

Comment

Working...
                                                  X