728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Shooters!

Hello everyone. I wanted to start this thread so that fellow Ohio shooters can network with eachother, talk about ranges, and get together to shoot! Feel free to leave some info about where you are located and what ranges you typically go to. It would be awesome to be able to meet up with other members and do some shooting.

I am located about 30 minutes southeast of Columbus. I enjoy shooting pistols, carbines, and long range rifles. I regularly shoot at the Briar Rabbit range in Zanesville, sometimes go to Rayner's Range in Blue Rock, seldom shoot on private property when I can, and on the very cold winter days I will go to the indoor range in Lancaster called Ohio Valley Outdoors.

Originally posted by PhOnEpHrEaK View Post
    Yes Southington is awesome! Definitely the range I consider to be home.
    From what I gather you have to go on a public day or shoot a match? Is there a membership so you can join?

Comment

Originally posted by jLorenzo View Post

From what I gather you have to go on a public day or shoot a match? Is there a membership so you can join?
      There isnít a membership, but the range for us is usually open Thursdays and the 4th Saturday every month. If you have a Facebook that is the best way to know as the schedule is posted on their page.

Comment

Anybody go to Thunder Valley? Seems like an awesome place with a great price for membership.

Comment

Originally posted by jLorenzo View Post
          Anybody go to Thunder Valley? Seems like an awesome place with a great price for membership.
          I go several times a year. Itís a great place to shoot especially now that they got the roof back up. There is an open range day on Dec. 23rd that Iím planning on attending. Great for gathering data. They have steel from 200-700, 1000, 1100, 1200 and a mile. There used to be targets at 800 and 900 but last time I was there they were either missing or grown over. Thatís my only real complaint. As far as membership, there really isnít. Itís open to everyone for $30 per day, or you can pay $50 for a membership and then it costs $20 a day. Iíve never been able to go enough times in a year to justify the $50. All of their scheduled events and open ranges are on weekends but you can call and schedule to use the facility during the week if they donít have anything else going on. The easiest way to get the schedule is to follow them on Facebook, but I believe they post it on their site as well.
          Last edited by afd77; 12-07-2017, 07:28 AM.
          My GTG list: ballistic1, Grand, jasonk, LibertyOptics, SoCalSheepdog, elkhuntingguide, diggler44, HillBillySniper, Ts1, dtask, krw, blaster7, htony1, ker2222, 21Bravo, ewoaf, M1Tanker, Jer, pwc001, Broz, MLC

Comment

If anyone is close to the PA border you can get out to 600 yards at Clinton Irwin Rod and Gun Club located in Grove City, memberships are cheap and just $1 a visit

Comment

Working...
            X