728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado: Places to Shoot, People to Shoot With

So I've been in CO for 5 years now and have never shot here, except for the range in Cherry Creek and out at Dumont (but that was work related). I'm interested in finding some place to shoot, at least to 500 yards, and that I don't have to become a member, get sponsored, pay dues etc.

Are there good open public lands to shoot on anywhere near Denver? I live up in Black Hawk so the foothills are closest.

Thanks!
    SGT, USMC
    3/6 STA Plt. '93 - '96

JADE Precision
    JADE Precision on FB
    JADE Tactical

• Found this spot near Georgetown a while ago while four wheeling. Going to verify that I can shoot here but i cant imagine why i couldn't.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Sweet! That looks like an awesome place to set out and bang some steel!!

DK
      SAVAGE ARMS RIFLES - MANNERS STOCKS - VORTEX OPTICS - SEEKINS PRECISION - RATMAG MAGAZINES - YHM PHANTOM SUPPRESSORS - "ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ"

Comment

• Hey Guys, a friend of mine is up in Crested Butte and is wanting to take his father in law out to shoot somewhere in Gunnison National Forest. Does any one have a recommendation of a secluded place to go shoot about 100 rounds?
        God Bless our Troops!

Comment

• Finding anything secluded near Crested Butte is an oxymoron. There are people and assholes EVERYWHERE. I was raised there when the population was less than 200.
          You might try going up Washington Gulch. After the second cattle guard is Forest Service land but in a trust with the town of Crested Butte so I don't know for sure about shooting there. About 1/2 mile after the 2nd cattle guard is a big meadow that you turn left onto and you can shoot across the creek into Anthracite Mesa if it isn't over run by assholes and mountain bikes.
          You also might try going west up Kebler Pass road to Splain's Gulch on your left, drive as far as you can and walk in there a ways and shoot towards Mt. Carbon down a big draw.
          Good luck with all of that as there are liberal bungholes EVERYWHERE.
          I seldom return to my hometown as it is OVER RUN. People are loving my home forests and area to death. Campers and bicycles everywhere. ATV, you name it. Too many people.
          There is a range down near Gunnison that you might hit. Call and see if you can get on.
          Post up how it goes. Foul Mike Sad situation over there with all of the homeless and bums.
          Last edited by Foul Mike; 07-18-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X