728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Alaska shooters

I would like to hook up and do some shooting. I live in Anchorage so I mostly shoot at Birchwood, but I'm also a member of the Kenai range. Drop me a PM if your in the area or want to arrange a shot....JW
    I dont own ANY Assault rifles...Just Counter-Assault Rifles

• I was happy to finally see some .223 match ammo back at Sportsman's in Fairbanks. So I'll probably be taking my spoils out to Cushman on Saturday for a much needed off day. Or if anyone has advice for some other places to push out a bit further I would love to know.
    ďI have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence.Ē - Ayrton Senna

Comment

• If you have a Sportmans Card(you get it from range control) you could use the 600yard KD range on FWA.
      Back from the Sand Box(again)!!!!
      CS#143 aka 7
      Yes a Serbu BFG-50 owner and TAC PRO 1000 Yard Qualifier!!

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred."
      Machiavelli

Comment

• Originally posted by Enough Said View Post
        Next Spring / Summer I'll invite you guys to some spots I've got on the Kenai. I go down for bear baiting but take my TRG and set up a range when I get burned out on the stand. I archery-hunt the bears, btw.

Range is pretty much unlimited, but I usually set one up at 1,000 to keep the travel between strings down.

A four-wheeler is a plus, but I've done it on foot on occasion. Good to stretch the legs after a long winter.

If you're in Anchorage, stop by Wiggy's-Alaska and we'll talk rifles. It happens in here alot.

Marc
        Hey man,

I'd like to get out and shoot with you sometime. Im loving the VTR still! Havent shot over 300meters yet with it though. Give me a call if you want some company out there. 350-3468 Nick
        Rem 700 SPS 16", Bobby Hart AccuBlock, Pacific Tool bottom metal w/AI Box Mags, Harris Bipod.

Comment

• Dang!! just moved out of Fairbanks about 3 weeks ago!!! FACEPALM!

Comment

• NEW 1,000 yard range!
            Mile 94, Parks Highway. Operated by Upper Susitna Shooters Association
            Yearly membership: $40, then $10 each visit.

It was just bulldozed last fall so it's a little rustic still, but being improved all the time. You can drive down and turn around at the 600 or 1000 yard line.
            Bring your own target(s)
            Steel is welcomed.

I broke cherry on this range last weekend.
            They are on FaceBook and are Googleable.

Enjoy!
            Attached Files
            S.S.I.S. 3/86
            2nd Mar. Div. Sniper Instructor '88-'89
            U.S.M.C. '82-'94

Comment

• F/-F/TR Match today was a bust. Range control on JBER wouldn't open the range because of low clouds.

Contact Alaska Rifle Club for future events.
              S.S.I.S. 3/86
              U.S.M.C. '82-'94

Comment

• Sniper's Hide / Alaska Precision Rifle Course 2017
                Open Course Dates:
                P.R.1 -- June 19, 20
                P.R.1 -- July 15, 16
                P.R.2 -- July 17, 18
                $500
                Contact me for more detail.
                S.S.I.S. 3/86
                U.S.M.C. '82-'94

Comment

• New to Alaska and looking for places to shoot. Any ideas would be great.
                  Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. Rangers lead the way!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigJim375 View Post
                    New to Alaska and looking for places to shoot. Any ideas would be great.
                    Welcome!

Where are you at in Alaska? The Valley area has some great people (so I hear), and there are a few of us up in Fairbanks that have some great places to shoot as well.

Also, for all Alaska shooters that do not reload, a local shop (Bowman Arms) in Fairbanks is now stocking PRIME ammo.

Comment

• I'm in chugiak. But will have to make it up there
                      Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor. Rangers lead the way!

Comment

Working...
                      X