728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motivational Pic Thread v2.0

The last thread got accidentally deleted while trying to clean-up some moron's inappropriate post. So, let's give this one a fighting chance:

- No naked crotch pics
    - No Politics
    - No religious stuff

The Motivational Pic Thread is dead; Long Live the Motivational Pic Thread v2.0!!!

Last edited by Tucker301; 02-27-2017, 06:16 AM.
    Never under-estimate the Will and Ingenuity of the Oppressed...

• Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
    Was doing some research for a WW1 article when I came upon these pictures.

Veer_G These are all pretty awesome!

WW1 marching towards the front.

Ö

I would not want to be German... or anyone else facing these warriors.... There are only a handful of true warrior cultures left in the world. Sikh's are at the top of that food chain.

Cheers,

Sirhr
    sirhrmechanic

Regretfully, this rŰle within the British colonial framework results in a good bit of revulsion and attempted revisionism on the part of Sikhs, mostly the younger and/or more liberally inclined ones. I have to admit that I am not entirely comfortable with the demeaning anthropological approach of "martial races" that the subcontinental Raj undertook in the wake of the Sepoy Rebellion to qualify some as fit for military recruitment, and others not. It smacks of Nazi phrenologists with their monocles and calipers measuring skulls. Nonetheless, I accept this history for what it is, and being primarily Scots-Irish, and thus the descendant of exported mercenaries myself, I am not entirely uncomfortable with the reality. Moreover, Sikh muscle was exported far and wide to the British Asian colonies, primarily as cops and soldiers. To this day, among some elderly ethnic Chinese, we are met with uneasy looks and uncomfortable deference because of the history. Here's an overview of the Shanghai experience: https://sikhsinshanghai.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/1695/

Last edited by Veer_G; 07-18-2017, 08:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tnichols View Post

Agreed. And as a guy who shot both the Glock and 1911 a LOT in comps over the years, don't go picking on one over the other. I've personally seen more than one 1911 platform come unbuckled. Some are quite spectacular with great stories of poor reloading practices usually as the culprit. Both are fine weapon systems, just from different eras and different logic/mind set for the end user. Carry on...
      shooting unplated lead bullets in a Glock bbl will do that also
      you never met a

Comment

• Originally posted by mrbig View Post

shooting unplated lead bullets in a Glock bbl will do that also
        How so?
        I am The German's spirit animal

Comment

• Originally posted by bogeybrown View Post

How so?
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygo...ygonal_rifling

Comment

How so?
            Glock doesn't recommend running lead bullets due to how their rifling is cut. Their theory is they will lead the bore to the point pressures will rise to unsafe levels. However, over the years I witnessed several competitors running lead in stock Glock barrels with no issues. I did not personally.
            Universal means it don't fit nothin'.

Sometimes free ain't cheap enough.

Comment

Glock doesn't recommend running lead bullets due to how their rifling is cut. Their theory is they will lead the bore to the point pressures will rise to unsafe levels. However, over the years I witnessed several competitors running lead in stock Glock barrels with no issues. I did not personally.
              Thanks. If they mentioned that 20+ years ago when I went to the so called "Armorers" course then I missed it. I'd have thought that with hammered vs cut rifling the Glocks would be less prone to lead build up. But WTH do I know, I haven't shot lead centerfire since the early 90s.

Comment

Thanks. If they mentioned that 20+ years ago when I went to the so called "Armorers" course then I missed it. I'd have thought that with hammered vs cut rifling the Glocks would be less prone to lead build up. But WTH do I know, I haven't shot lead centerfire since the early 90s.
                Pick up something in .45 LC and come back to the dark side, Luke!

Comment

• when my older brother was shooting a Glock in IDPA he was having trouble with extraction and he was told he was lucky it didnt blow the gun up shooting the lead bullets with hot enough load to make Power,,so he switched to a Bar Sto bbl and shooting 147 lead bullets never had any more problems ,,
                  you never met a

Comment

• I found Glocks frustrating. I cured my frustration by avoiding them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veer_G View Post

Pick up something in .45 LC and come back to the dark side, Luke!
                      Oddly, with all my firearm proclivities, I don't own anything in 45LC. The closest I came to buying one was a Judge, but decided to go a different route.

Comment

• There is a great difference in lead hardness between bullet manufacturers that I suspect may be a factor as well.
                        Universal means it don't fit nothin'.

Sometimes free ain't cheap enough.

Comment

There is a great difference in lead hardness between bullet manufacturers that I suspect may be a factor as well.
                          I do remember that, from the days of revolvers when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Tucker301 View Post
                              Ironic, ain't it?

Comment

Spot on. The biggest issue is how much lead builds up before a cleaning. Fouling can vary depending on lead hardness and the cleaning process and number of rounds between cleanings. The short version is that lead will build up in a factory Glock barrel. That's why the recommend only jacketed or plated bullets. I know guys that buy aftermarket barrels with standard rifling and run lead without issues.

I think Lead build up was a lot more common when Glocks first started coming out. I think Glock was on the defensive and didn't want to admit it was the rifling helping cause issues. That, I think, helped with the "Glock Kaboom" myths.
                                As it should be...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tucker301 View Post
                                  Now don't go confusing the narrative...

R

Comment

• Originally posted by hermosabeach View Post
                                    There is a guy on ar15 who is an armorer at a rental shop in Vegas....

he posts up the breakage report....

what fails on ARs
                                    what breaks on AKs
                                    how the s&w 500 shatters barrels so they proactively rebarrel every 8 months

its a fun read......
                                    Got a link to that? Sounds like an interesting read.

Comment

• Ummm, imma jus gonna point out the obvious. Glocktalk in the Motorvational forum ain't very motorvational.

This is Tessa that 1J posted a page back, there are more pics of her out there if you can see past blowed up Glocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty D View Post
                                        Ummm, imma jus gonna point out the obvious. Glocktalk in the Motorvational forum ain't very motorvational.

This is Tessa that 1J posted a page back, there are more pics of her out there if you can see past blowed up Glocks.
                                        The irony of us talking about guns in the Motivational thread was not lost on me. Accidents happen, mea culpa

Comment

•  photo saying_zpsoqzfhiwr.jpg
                                          The only three kinds of guns to own are, nice guns, old guns or nice old guns.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• A pot viper.

Comment

• Some of these are brutal.

Comment

Agreed. And as a guy who shot both the Glock and 1911 a LOT in comps over the years, don't go picking on one over the other. I've personally seen more than one 1911 platform come unbuckled. Some are quite spectacular with great stories of poor reloading practices usually as the culprit. Both are fine weapon systems, just from different eras and different logic/mind set for the end user. Carry on...
                                                    I'm so OCD (wouldn't dare say anal-retentive with this group) that I re-weigh all my .45 loads to make sure I didn't double or triple any dispense any rounds. I haven't had any yet to date, but I still go through the exercise.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X