Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Walnut USMC M40 S/A Remington 700 M700 Scout Sniper Rifle Stocks For Sale

This is sort of an introduction post as it is my first as a vendor here on The Hide.

About a year and a half ago, I started started looking for a half dozen M40 stocks for projects I had been building up. I quickly found that there weren't any great options on the market. Feeling that was unacceptable, I started looking at options to make a few. I took one of the stocks that I currently owned and had some friends who do forensic aviation investigations 3D scan that stock and create a very detailed solid file. From there I purchased a number of 3 and 4 axis CNC machines to manufacture the stocks. We are in full production now and our stocks are on a number of M40 builds.

Starting with the highest quality American Black Walnut that I could find, we machine the blanks holding the tightest tolerances I have ever seen on a wood stock, we then insert the correct brass trigger reinforcment pin, install a vintage Remington 16601 buttplate, sand the butt stock/plate to match up perfectly, finish sand the entire stock and then hand rub multiple coats of Boiled Linseed Oil into the stock. The finished stock is smooth, beautiful and of the highest quality possible.

On occasion, I will have unfinished stocks that will need a buttplate and will need to be sanded to fit, but generally we finish the stocks out. We drill the hole for the front swivel and then drill the counter bored hole in the barrel channel to accept the nut for that swivel. The rear swivel hole is not drilled unless otherwise stated to allow the buyer to position it where they want it.

As far as swivels go, we do currently offer 100% spec vintage sling swivels for the front and rear along with a newly manufactured front swivel nut made to Remington Specs. The swivel sets are available for an additional $100 with the purchase of a stock.

Stainless pillars can be bedding into the stock for an additional $50

All of our M40 stocks unless otherwise noted are inletted for a Short Action Remington 700 with a BDL trigger guard and factory Remington Varmint contour barrel.

Here is one of the stocks that was just recently finished. The price on this stock is $500.00

IMG_2077.JPGIMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2075.JPGIMG_2076.JPG
    Kyle Taylor
    Taylor Precision Engineering
    www.TaylorPrecisionEng.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/taylorprecision/
    Instagram: @taylorprecision

That is gorgeous.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shit, something else I didn't need to know that I want.

Comment

KT is good people, buy with confidence.

Nice to have a source for walnut to build some old school no nonsense rifles on.

I have one of these stocks that will become a Bartlein barreled .223 M40 clone with a lovingly applied linseed oil finish if I could possibly keep myself from buying other guns.
        "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Wow. I may be in need of one inletted for a pre-64 if thats possible.
          Sexy is an understatement.

And nobody tell my GF I said that.......

Comment

Are you set up for alternate barrel contours?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Kirk View Post
              Are you set up for alternate barrel contours?
              Larger or smaller diameter than the Remington Varmint Contour?
              Kyle Taylor

Comment

If you can do a straight bolt handle I'd put a bighorn in it or Mausingfield...
                "Still got the shovel."

Comment

Originally posted by ktaylor View Post

Larger or smaller diameter than the Remington Varmint Contour?
                  Light palma kreiger

Comment

Great stocks! I purchased one of off of him last year. Great guy to do business with!
                    ***MESSAGE ME TODAY FOR INFORMATION ON MY MOSIN NAGANT "ACCURIZING" KITS***
                    ***LOOKING FOR AN ORIGINAL 1939 SOVIET PEM SCOPE***
                    ***LOOKING FOR CE, BNZ, AND BYF RC K-98'S FOR SNIPER BUILDS***
                    ***LOOKING FOR AJACK 4X90, HENSOLDT 8X, AND ZEISS 6X SCOPES***

Comment

That is an amazing piece of wood.....

Comment

would you guys consider doing a line in Long action 700s?

Comment

Uh, oh Kyle Taylor, looks like you have opened up a can of "desire".
                          "...But they would never find anything to beat the old Springfield ...the long sleek streamline, very slim but with potent bulges, all in the just exactly right places to give it that pugnaciously forward-leaning, eager look that marked the Springfield. Beside it, the M1 looked like a fat old man puffing with a lack of training...the two most beautiful things made in America were the ax-handle and the clipper ship? ...they should have added one more thing: The Springfield '03 rifle..."

Comment

Originally posted by mcameron View Post
                            would you guys consider doing a line in Long action 700s?
                            mcameron,

I have a couple of nice Long Action stocks right now. Both are right handed and inlet for a sport contour barrel. They are wide enough to open a little more. Nothing larger than a varmint contour though. Here is one of them. They both have Aluminum Bedding Blocks and have cut checkering.
                            Kyle Taylor

Comment

Well...... whats your thought on pre-64 inletting?

Good looking stuff, really love the linseed oil finish. That with some old school bluing would be chub material for sure.......

Comment

That long action stock is absolutely beautiful!
                                DW

Comment

Working...
                                X