728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Your Best Groups.

I don't know if this has been done before, in fact, I'm almost sure it has, but for some reason I can't view any new posts made in the photo section since the last big update to the forum.

Make sure you mention if it's a 3 or 5 round group, and what the yardage was etc.

I'll start her off (5 round group, 100yds):

0.171 MOA (with all 5, including the flier up to the right.) 0.037 with the best 4 shots (without the flier).

As you can see in my signature, this was the gun that was used. A Surgeon Scalpel in .308, jewel trigger (set to about an ounce or 2), a Krieger fluted 1-10 barrel, a S&B 5-25 with the H2CMR reticle on top, and a Thunderbeast 30p-1 suppressor on front (although the suppressor was not used for the group).

In fact, that wasn't even the range I shot the group at, lol. :P
    Last edited by Johnny Sasaki; 08-23-2014, 09:52 PM. Reason: moar pics
    Rifle Specs: Surgeon Scalpel with a fluted Krieger barrel, a 5-25 S&B with the H2CMR reticle, and a Thunderbeast 30p-1 suppressor.
    sigpic
    My Golf Swing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb0ERn8HLo

Nobody stepping up to the plate? If there's another thread, could you at least direct me to it. I told you I can't view new posts in the picture forum for some reason.
    Rifle Specs: Surgeon Scalpel with a fluted Krieger barrel, a 5-25 S&B with the H2CMR reticle, and a Thunderbeast 30p-1 suppressor.
    sigpic

Comment

3 shots 100yds

4 shots 200m

5 shots 100yds with pistol

Last edited by 7fingers; 08-24-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Not bad. I like that pistol setup. Do you shoot it with your left hand? I like the way it has a right bolt knob but a left ejection port. If you were a righty (I guess you're a lefty?) it would make more sense to have a left hand bolt though, imo of course. Nice groups though, especially for a pistol.

Speaking of pistols, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw
        sigpic

Comment

.308, 5 shot group
          24" Shilen, Savage action, APA fat bastard brake, manners stock, ATACR,

This gun has killed clay pigeons at 670 yards.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you measure from the center to center of the shots, not edge to edge. I downloaded the picture and put into On Target, and came up with 0.228 MOA instead of 0.538. Big difference.

Here's a little snapshot of what I'm talking about:

Nice group btw.
            sigpic

Comment

100yds 52 Winchester 22lr Eley Std
              Curtis Brier
              "Who Dares Wins"-Motto of the British SAS and one I follow.
              If they get my gun it will be hot and empty

Comment

5 shots @ 200 yards
                Remington 700, 28" 1:10" Lilja, MCM Adj . A5

22 shots @ 300 yards 199-15x

Comment

Johnny Sasaki,

Thanks, I guess I should have specified on my target, it has the .230" number underlined. I measured the outside then subtracted .308 (bullet diameter). But I like your number better anyway. We'll go with it.

-Wally

Comment

Originally posted by Wally Pinkerton View Post
                    Johnny Sasaki,

Thanks, I guess I should have specified on my target, it has the .230" number underlined. I measured the outside then subtracted .308 (bullet diameter). But I like your number better anyway. We'll go with it.

-Wally
                    Oops, didn't see that, lol. At least we were close. :P
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Sasaki View Post
                      Not bad. I like that pistol setup. Do you shoot it with your left hand? I like the way it has a right bolt knob but a left ejection port. If you were a righty (I guess you're a lefty?) it would make more sense to have a left hand bolt though, imo of course. Nice groups though, especially for a pistol.

Speaking of pistols, check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ3XwizTqDw
                      I shoot right handed.

Comment

Ah. Whatever works, and to each his own I guess.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's my attempt at 1000yds with my .308. Keep in mind, the winds were gusting at like 30+mph and they changed direction every few seconds. It was really friggin' hard, lol.

Here's a 47 round group. I'm pretty sure I shot 48, but I don't think it registered. It was an electronic target.

And here's what it looked like through the scope.

Here's what it looked like without a scope, lol.

And here's a small chest sized target at 1000 as well. It pretty hard to see, but it's right in the cross-hairs. Even with the wind I actually managed 6 consecutive rounds on target at one point.

Last edited by Johnny Sasaki; 08-26-2014, 02:03 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Come on, let's see those groups. You're all being VJJ's, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

AIAE Mk iii .260 Rem. 3 shots 100yds from cold bore, prone. Cold bore shot is on top. Other 2 are below.
                                ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409542770.018629.jpg

Comment

Comment

This is my second group I've shot on paper at 300yds. I'm still learning but I'm super happy with it.
                                    DTA A1 6.5CM

Comment

100 yards (indoors) hornady 155grAMAX with a crappy hunting scope, shot on 2x as i the focus on the scope isn't that great. the squares on the circle are 1"x1" if im not mistaken

rem 5r .308 24" barrel manners t5, 3 shots first time shooting with that scope, and with that stock. was my last grouping fired. also sadly it was fired bench would have preferred prone.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Sometimes in life, you just gotta roll the hard six.

Comment

OK, I'll play. This was from the second string of 3 shots at the 800 yard line in this month's match.

September Match 800 yard group.jpg
                                        Last edited by todd; 09-13-2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

From my first time shooting unsupported in a seated position. 3 shot group at 100 yards with my ruger precision rifle.

Comment

I need to find some place with a longer than 100yd range :-(

Comment

Here's my best 5 shot group from 200 yards so far, from my Remy 700P .308
                                              USAF Vet

Comment

5 shots at 100.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                                "Never start an argument with a man who can end you from another zip code"

Comment

Top Target 5 shot at 100yds, Bottom Target 5 Shot at 300yds with a flyer on my part, Both targets by 260 Rems.
                                                  Last edited by ghulsey; 04-28-2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X