728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's talk about Medical Marijuana

No matter where you stand on this issue, a topic worth exploration without pre existing bias. I have no doubts there are legit medical uses for various compounds found in Marijuana - some of which are only now being examined in any depth - and it needs to be funded and studies by the NIH and or other major university level labs. Current control status and stigma prevents most medical researchers from touching it, but that appears to be changing. For those interested, some worthwhile resources that may be of value.

The endocannabinoid system for example is a fast emerging area of research. Several compounds found in cannabis (Phytocannabinoids) directly impact this system. The best known of course is Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the most psychoactive of them. Others however appear to have direct effects and benefits, and having no
    psychoactive effects, such as cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) which appear to have anti inflammatory and possible anti cancer
    effects. Various pharma companies are looking into compounds that target receptors in Endocannabinoid System and is an Emerging Target of Pharmacotherapy for
    a wide range of human diseases.

This series was well done I thought. These are anecdotal discussions with users and med/sci types, but more than compelling enough that we need to move forward with additional legit study and less agenda and bias in my view and separate the topic from those who just want to get stoned from those with legit medical need:

http://www.awetv.com/miraclecure/

I work in healthcare and anyone smoking it for "medical" reasons is .... Their lung x rays are always terrible. Other routes of consumption who knows what the benefits vs risks truly are.
    Also causes drug interactions and that can be a pain in the ... to deal with.

Comment

It's use is against Federal law. If you use medical marijuna and honestly fill out your nics check form you will not be able to buy a gun. If you lie you have committed a felony.

Comment

Originally posted by 6AYoteHunter View Post
        I work in healthcare and anyone smoking it for "medical" reasons is .... Their lung x rays are always terrible. Other routes of consumption who knows what the benefits vs risks truly are.
        Also causes drug interactions and that can be a pain in the ... to deal with.
        i hae met a few people who said it helps them gain appetite and help them relax, i mean thats a god thing right.

Comment

Eating it is the way to go. I am not a doctor or a scientist but I have a feeling that MM would fill the need the VA candy man currently fills. Just not worth it for the reason said above.

Comment

Not so much a THC guy
            BUT CBD has done wonders for me, stuff the VA fails to fix CBD has made so much better...

usually post workout for me only, I'm not a wake and bake or smoke all day type (Ca resident)

Comment

I'm not qualified to speak about actual medical research and related data but it has in fact been accepted in the medical community to be beneficial to some patients (glaucoma for example) and legally prescribed (marinol) by physicians in some states. But I would question the actual health value looking at the great number of individuals that have been illegally using it for recreational purposes for decades. Is that population healthier than the general? Are the residents of those states that have legalized it's use "in better health condition" than states where it is illegal and restricted? I've never heard anyone say that smoking dope has cured them of anything or made them healthier. If it is indeed the new miracle drug, why has its benefits not been expounded upon in a general sense and to a much greater degree. Just Captain Obvious here......................
              "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight," Psalms 144:1

Comment

Originally posted by EXTREMEPREJUDICE View Post
                I'm not qualified to speak about actual medical research and related data but it has in fact been accepted in the medical community to be beneficial to some patients (glaucoma for example) and legally prescribed (marinol) by physicians in some states. But I would question the actual health value looking at the great number of individuals that have been illegally using it for recreational purposes for decades. Is that population healthier than the general? Are the residents of those states that have legalized it's use "in better health condition" than states where it is illegal and restricted? I've never heard anyone say that smoking dope has cured them of anything or made them healthier. If it is indeed the new miracle drug, why has its benefits not been expounded upon in a general sense and to a much greater degree. Just Captain Obvious here......................
                You really want to know if the population that is using it illegally is healthier than general. Even if that was said in jest, that is an asinine question. There are plenty of uses for it medically and it can be found with very little research but people would rather stay stuck in their anti drug ways. There are other ways to use marijuana than smoking, and also using it in certain forms will not cause the "high" everyone thinks of when weed is brought up. What's funny is most people like you have friends or people you know that smoke it and you don't have the slightest clue. I can assure you the side effects of marijuana aren't near as bad as a lot of the prescription drugs people are on. Here is one medicine that I am on for migraines. I have done my research and would rather smoke dope as you say rather than take this shit but it's been proposed and turned down several times in the state I'm in.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/depakote-side-effects.html Major Side Effects

You should check with your doctor immediately if any of these side effects occur when taking divalproex sodium:
                More common:
                • Black, tarry stools
                • bleeding gums
                • bloating or swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
                • blood in the urine or stools
                • confusion
                • cough or hoarseness
                • crying
                • delusions
                • dementia
                • depersonalization
                • diarrhea
                • difficult or labored breathing
                • dysphoria
                • euphoria
                • fever or chills
                • general feeling of discomfort or illness
                • headache
                • joint pain
                • loss of appetite
                • lower back or side pain
                • mental depression
                • muscle aches and pains
                • nausea
                • nervousness
                • painful or difficult urination
                • paranoia
                • pinpoint red spots on the skin
                • quick to react or overreact emotionally
                • rapid weight gain
                • rapidly changing moods
                • runny nose
                • shakiness in the legs, arms, hands, or feet
                • shivering
                • sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
                • sore throat
                • sweating
                • tightness in the chest
                • tingling of the hands or feet
                • trembling or shaking of the hands or feet
                • trouble sleeping
                • unusual bleeding or bruising
                • unusual tiredness or weakness
                • unusual weight gain or loss
                • vomiting
                Less common:
                • Abnormal dreams
                • absence of or decrease in body movement
                • anxiety
                • bloody nose
                • blurred vision
                • bruising burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
                • change in personality
                • change in walking and balance
                • changes in patterns and rhythms of speech
                • chest pain
                • chills
                • cloudy urine
                • clumsiness or unsteadiness
                • cold sweats
                • constipation
                • darkened urine
                • degenerative disease of the joint
                • difficulty with moving
                • dizziness
                • dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness when getting up from a lying or sitting position suddenly
                • dry mouth
                • excessive muscle tone
                • fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
                • feeling of warmth or heat
                • flushing or redness of the skin, especially on the face and neck
                • frequent urge to urinate
                • heavy non-menstrual vaginal bleeding
                • hyperventilation
                • increased need to urinate
                • indigestion
                • lack of coordination
                • large, flat, blue or purplish patches in the skin
                • leg cramps
                • lip smacking or puckering
                • loss of bladder control
                • loss of strength or energy
                • multiple swollen and inflamed skin lesions
                • muscle pain or stiffness
                • muscle tension or tightness
                • normal menstrual bleeding occurring earlier, possibly lasting longer than expected
                • pains in the stomach, side, or abdomen, possibly radiating to the back
                • passing urine more often
                • pounding in the ears
                • puffing of the cheeks
                • rapid or worm-like movements of the tongue
                • rapid weight gain
                • restlessness
                • seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are not there
                • shakiness and unsteady walk
                • slurred speech
                • small red or purple spots on the skin
                • sweating
                • swollen joints
                • trouble with speaking
                • twitching
                • uncontrolled chewing movements
                • uncontrolled movements of the arms and legs
                • unsteadiness, trembling, or other problems with muscle control or coordination
                • vomiting of blood or material that looks like coffee grounds
                • yellow eyes or skin

Comment

Originally posted by EXTREMEPREJUDICE View Post
                  Well captain obvious, because as a schedule 1 drug it is illegal to do said research, and risky to make said claims. Should we look at the health of illegal recreational opioid users before we decide if all the opioid pain killers we hand out have any medical value?

Comment

edit...
                    Last edited by lte82; 09-13-2017, 10:15 AM.
                    Sling Shooter

Comment

Originally posted by lte82 View Post
                      edit...
                      Why the edit? Nothing wrong with having an opinion

Comment

Working...
                      X