728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good knife

I am looking for a good fixed blade knife to put with my survival/BOB. Pack anyone have any suggestions

I like my Gerber LMF II, its light, has a sturdy sheath with a sharpener and lots of mounting options, good grip surface and a strong blade.

Comment

Ive got a bunch of beautiful camillus cutlery knives. Too bad the place burned.
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Benchmade Nimravus
        140BT.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Honcho View Post
          You should be able to scare up an Esse 4 for @ $100.

ESEE Knives - Randall's Adventure and Training
          This.
          "Whatever you are, be a good one."
          -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Becker Companion you need to put one of these in your hand, then decide-
            Last edited by Flat Tire; 09-16-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Busse / scrapyard

Comment

Benchmade bushcrafter

http://www.amazon.com/Benchmade-162-...de+bush+rafter

Thanks Pete!

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.
                Gen.Patton

Comment

SOG Seal pup elite. Great knife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Never start an argument with a man who can end you from another zip code"

Comment

+ For benchmade Adamas 375

Comment

Originally posted by jbell View Post
                      Yep Bark River makes some nice blades.
                      The bark rivers are great! I have a Bravo 1 in 3V steel that's my go to fixed blade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Go to Smokey Mountain Knife Works, and spend some time going through the selection, they have the biggest selection, and best prices around. One other thing, they actually have what you want IN STOCK, if they say they have it, they have it! They aren't one of the many, re-order houses that don't seem to actually have anything in stock, but will take your order any way! BTW if you are in one of the seven Free states, you can also now purchase Automatic knives! Good luck.

Comment

My choice is a DUNN knife. Holds a edge very well, and wont break your bank. Around $100.
                          Breathe in
                          Breathe out
                          Move on

Comment

ESEE knives is my suggestion. Find a model you feel comfortable with. For me its the 3 and 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Big joe View Post
                              I am looking for a good fixed blade knife to put with my survival/BOB. Pack anyone have any suggestions
                              get a randall made they are a little pricey but worth it!
                              "Believe the Bullet"

Comment

Pick up a discontinued ontario rd6 for 70 bucks

Comment

During wilderness survival courses ive tried several knives and ESEE has become my favorite. They are a little pricey but well worth it in my opinion. A little over your budget but a Junglas with a piggyback ESEE 3 is my go to. I also agree with not putting a bunch of really expensive stuff in your BOB though if it rarely gets used. I keep a Kabar FIN in mine. It's like a sharpened D2 crowbar. The Mora is a good backup too for general bushcraft.

Comment

My vote is for the benchmade nimravus...

Comment

Cold steel tanto. Cheap. Tough. You really wouldn't want to use it all the time so it fits right at home as a jik.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I favor my Canadian belt knife (Grohmann #1).
                                        Former educator, current pizza jockey (and yes, they are ROUND).

Comment

Bark River Bushcraft and Bushcraft II.

They have a "Scandivex" grind and are made of CPM 3V steel - not quite stainless but won't rust very easily at all.

Outstanding edge retention but one cannot sharpen it with Arkansas stones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                          "To remain ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child." Marcus Tullius Cicero

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-Na.../dp/B004MN5EXE - NACHEZ bowie - good for under 200,

or you can order a Hells Bells Bowie From master crafter Bill Bagwell - although that will cost you about 10x as much -

then there in the onterio knockoff of the hells bell for about 200

or a Bob Dozier - Keating designed Crosada but once again probably about 1.5k

if you want a knife that will do it all - i like a good ol fashioned bowie -

Comment

I agree with not tying a bunch of money up in a bag I hope to never use. I have this Mora I got on sale:
                                              https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are a lot of good knifemakers out there these days. It's hard to go wrong. Even harder if you go with one of the ones many people have good experience with.
                                              Please don't confuse me with someone else. I am not Hide member "Eric Cartman" or another member that incorporates "Cartman" into their name. I am, and have always been, just "Cartman".

Comment

Fallkniven A1 or Esee 6. I attached a pic of my A1, stout enough to use with baton to split wood and dry shave sharp.

Comment

Don't be lured by the high priced thing. I have three Mora Companions that cost $12 each and they have been golden for 15 years. In some ways better than more expensive blades I own. And because they are cheap they get a lot more use!
                                                  I did not attend the funeral, but I sent a nice note saying that I approved.
                                                  Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Strigidae
                                                    ESEE knives is my suggestion. Find a model you feel comfortable with. For me its the 3 and 4.
                                                    Anything ESEE is the way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                                    X