Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer corn as bag filler or popcorn kernels???

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deer corn as bag filler or popcorn kernels???

Hello all, I recently tasked my mother with doing me a bag. The dimensions I gave her were "a good size" or so I thought. It turned out to be too large and I will need roughly about 8 pounds of rice to fill. I had two 2lb bags that I placed inside just to get an idea, but it seemed as if I could get two more in there. Because I already have deer corn, would that work out well? I was thinking rice was a good option because of how small they are and how good they will be able to accommodate in the bag with my rifle over it. Anyhow, I already have a lot of deer corn which I could use which is why I am considering it. Another good option I thought about was popcorn kernels. Lastly, I could try kitty litter but I think this will drive the weight much higher than the other two options. Any thoughts???

thanks,

st
    Last edited by stello1001; 11-02-2017, 06:28 PM.

Mix the rice with air soft bbs. It won't be so heavy that way
    Life is meant to be spent not saved!

Comment

Don't use anything 'organic....' Get your bag wet... rice and corn and everything else is nasty. It attracts rodents no matter what.

Go to WalMart.... go into the 'plush toys' section. And find yourself a bunch of Beanie-Baby type toys. Gut them out.... and fill your sock bag or bags.

Beanie babies are also readily available and cheap at garage sales, etc. And the stuffing can be bought at most Hobby Lobby and similar craft stores.

Cheers,

Sirhr
      Quidvis recte factum quamvis humile praeclarum

Oderint dum metuant

"You went full nerd with that reference." Thanks, I will wear that as a badge of honor!

Comment

Agree with above statement. Synthetic fill is the way to go. Of the options you mentioned popcorn is the most durable and moisture resistant.

Comment

Originally posted by sirhrmechanic View Post
          Don't use anything 'organic....' Get your bag wet... rice and corn and everything else is nasty. It attracts rodents no matter what.

Go to WalMart.... go into the 'plush toys' section. And find yourself a bunch of Beanie-Baby type toys. Gut them out.... and fill your sock bag or bags.

Beanie babies are also readily available and cheap at garage sales, etc. And the stuffing can be bought at most Hobby Lobby and similar craft stores.

Cheers,

Sirhr
          I wonder what the local fur trader will give me for a dozen beanie baby pelts?

Comment

Originally posted by dorklord View Post

I wonder what the local fur trader will give me for a dozen beanie baby pelts?
            Well earned abuse ... LOL
            e~ Bru

Comment

For future reference, you can buy shell corn a lot cheaper at your local feedmill or farm supply than those camo bags of "deer corn".

Comment

I have used air soft bbs they work good . If you want some more weight add glass beads. They won't break trust me

Comment

The couple I made up were just play sand from Home Depot inside empty shot bags. I think I still have them around. I used a zip tie to close the bag.
                  M40A-1 in process...

Comment

Wal Mart sells poly fill in the hobby/fabric section.
                    i used a shave kit with two ziplocs, one with airsoft bb's and the other with polyfill.
                    The airsoft bb's give it weight on the bottom.
                    You could also just buy a cheap pillow and pull the stuffing out.
                    Friend...
                    Even if you will make mischief itself in trousers - it not interestingly me...

Comment

Working...
                    X