Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo how to cut foam in rifle case from Optics Planet

https://youtu.be/mXhT7WtIsTg

That was terrific!! Thanks for finding it and posting it.
    Member: NRA (Life); GOA (Life); NSSF (Media).
    VDMA VIDEOS

Comment

Thanks, never thought of putting stuff under the top foam.
      NRA Lifetime Member.....if that means anything now.

Comment

Off to find an electric carving knife, thanks for the tips.

Comment

One personal preference I'd change is that even though it "looks funny" I orient my rifles stock down to the wheels as he did but scope up towards the handle versus down towards the bottom of the case. That way as the case gets set down or chucked around by baggage handlers the weight of the rifle isn't being absorbed by the scope. May never make a difference in real life, but it just makes more sense to me to have the scope up when carrying the case.
          I am The German's spirit animal

Comment

bogeybrown Good tip.
            Member: NRA (Life); GOA (Life); NSSF (Media).
            VDMA VIDEOS

Comment

Nice will have to try that
              This will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

This republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it
              -Elmer Davis-

Comment

Nice video, thanks. He left out the ammo though. Cut out a space for a box or two of ammo. I've never had TSA check any serial numbers in years of gun travel (domestic). Every now and then they do ask to take the firearms out and show it's unloaded, which always makes for an awkward situation, pulling your rifle out of the case in a line of people at the airport.

Comment

B8DF01C1-D6E9-499F-8964-64FCB1D9CB8D.jpg I did this one for a safe under my truck seat. Turned out pretty good

Comment

The Havalon knives with replaceable scalpel blades work just fine for detail work, just lay the foam on the floor or a hard work table and make plunging vertical cuts. Checking SN#'s isnt always a TSA requirement, but should be a personal accountability check when you get your case back in your hands on the other side. If you leave the airport and then find out shit is missing thats more difficult to prove. Its not that hard to open those cases without picking locks.

Comment

Working...
                    X