728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parker Hale M82/84/85/87 and C3/C3A1

On the Scout site, we had a Parker Hale thread and it had a lot of good info...even if I did steal some shit from other hiders. Anyhow, it was lost to time with ten pages because I didn't go back and "just keep it alive" I love the Parker Hales and wanted to start this thread again. It was in bolt actions but since most of them are gone now in the sniping world I thought I'd put it in Vintage this time.

Any pics and stories of the use of these would be great.
    Every shot serves a purpose, whether accurate or inaccurate. It will always tell you what you did, and did not do, right. Even if all you have is a fraction of a second to make it, learn from it. So the next one is even better.

The pen is only mighty when it is backed by the sword.

Took a single shot Parker Hale M84 action and made it a repeater. Uses a CDI DBM system fitted in a mcmillan A5 stock. Brux barrels made a custom contoured barrel similar to the original PH target barrel.

Like us on Facebook!

Comment

While not a complete build a new stock was inletted, bedded and fnished. Barrel was threaded with a cap and then cerakoted.

Like us on Facebook!

Comment

http://www.scout.com/military/sniper...l-parker-hales

http://www.scout.com/military/sniper...ece-scope-base

Found a couple

Comment

Guys,
          Thanks for chiming in and getting this thread going again. RWS, I love those pics and the work you do on the Parker Hales. I've been to your website a few times when you had a M82/C3 up for sale. It was all I could do not to get myself in financial trouble buying it....because I would have.

ChrisF had the M85. My favorite of all the P-H's. The square heavy receiver and the escutcheon for the rear iron sight. That's the pic I stole for my thread. Unlike Mescabug, I didn't even ask. I just asked for forgiveness later. Fortunately, he was good with it I may owe him royalties, now that he's famous for owning a M85.

BTW, civilian P-H's are welcome here too.
          Every shot serves a purpose, whether accurate or inaccurate. It will always tell you what you did, and did not do, right. Even if all you have is a fraction of a second to make it, learn from it. So the next one is even better.

Comment

Some great looking guns in here guys great pics as well!

Comment

Originally posted by sandwarrior View Post
              Guys,
              Thanks for chiming in and getting this thread going again. RWS, I love those pics and the work you do on the Parker Hales. I've been to your website a few times when you had a M82/C3 up for sale. It was all I could do not to get myself in financial trouble buying it....because I would have.

ChrisF had the M85. My favorite of all the P-H's. The square heavy receiver and the escutcheon for the rear iron sight. That's the pic I stole for my thread. Unlike Mescabug, I didn't even ask. I just asked for forgiveness later. Fortunately, he was good with it I may owe him royalties, now that he's famous for owning a M85.

BTW, civilian P-H's are welcome here too.
              Approx 1300 L81 CTR are being serviced ready for military cadet use during this years target rifle season. They are still very much in use and used to engage targets out to 1,000 yards.

Comment

Here is my Birmingham Safari Deluxe:

Comment

Old Western Scrounger has some M82 stocks in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by packratt View Post
                    Old Western Scrounger has some M82 stocks in stock.
                    Thank you! I will look into that.

Comment

What's the parts availability for a build?

Comment

Nice work getting this going again,
                        contacted OWS to see if they will ship me an M82 stock to Australia , can't see why not it's under the $200 part restriction but might be to hard for them to do as a one off. You can purchase from o/s on the site but it doesn't give any shipping options. Fingers crossed!
                        "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance"

DUTY FIRST

Comment

Originally posted by S12A View Post
                          Nice work getting this going again,
                          contacted OWS to see if they will ship me an M82 stock to Australia , can't see why not it's under the $200 part restriction but might be to hard for them to do as a one off. You can purchase from o/s on the site but it doesn't give any shipping options. Fingers crossed!
                          I hope you have no problems getting it. Getting one home where it belongs!

Comment

No luck unfortunately , they will sell one to me and post it to anywhere in the USA but they don't do international .
                            Considering a freight forwarder but my experience with them has been even if its firearm related they won't do it!
                            "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance"

DUTY FIRST

Comment

Working...
                            X