728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/16x28 min barrel muzzle diameter?

Have a hunting rifle with a barrel that measures .635" at the muzzle. Would there be enough meat to thread it 9/16x28 and use a TBAC CB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Per TBAC's thread diagrams (https://thunderbeastarms.com/tech/thread-specifications), that's not enough meat for a shoulder. A jam nut is probably the best solution for you.
    ...I cut it twice and it was still too short...

The user known as L98S10 on the old new Sniper's Hide

Comment

Never use a jam nut with a suppressor!!!! Thats asking for baffle strikes. There is nothing to hold a jam nut square. 9/16 threads need at least .660 .

Comment

TBACRAY, do your muzzle devices work to index on the muzzle instead of a shoulder? If so, what is the minimum thread length to do that?

If that works with your muzzle devices, he could just go with the standard 5/8-24 indexed on the muzzle.

Comment

They index on the shoulder
          # Please use email instead of "PM's" to contact me.

Comment

We can also do muzzle face mount brakes if we do it here at the shop, in some cases where the muzzle OD is too small for a shoulder
            # Please use email instead of "PM's" to contact me.

Comment

Ray and Zak,
              So I need .660" at the muzzle for 9/16" threads, regardless of 9/16x24 or 9/16x28? That's what I'm reading/assuming but want to clarify/verify.
              Thanks!

Comment

For a 9/16" (24 or 28). Face mount brake, you need .560"+. Shoulder mount, you need .660"+.
                www.thunderbeastarms.com

Comment

Working...
                X