728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• form 1/form 4 wait times

I know there is a post in regards to the form 4, but for some reason, I can not access it.
    I spoke with the NFA branch today, 24 August.
    They are currently working on july and august of last year.
    So, 12 month wait or so.
    Friend...
    Even if you will make mischief itself in trousers - it not interestingly me...

I submitted 3 cans on a trust. Checks were cashed on 1/25/17. Any idea how much longer? I don't want to call up there as I feel that takes away from their time. A ballpark timeframe?

Comment

Originally posted by jackinfl View Post
      I submitted 3 cans on a trust. Checks were cashed on 1/25/17. Any idea how much longer? I don't want to call up there as I feel that takes away from their time. A ballpark timeframe?
      Seems like for Trust's they are still in September, I have one from mid October and early November and still waiting for both. Unless they somehow speed up on the trusts I would say you have another 2-3 months.

Comment

Form 1 SBR on a Trust

Mailed: 9/12/2016
        Rcvd: 9/14/2016
        Check Cashed: 9/16/2016
        Approved: 10/4/2017
        Stamp Rcvd: 10/10/2017

393 days!! I think I may be done with NFA items. Or... file next time as a individual.
        Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Mn_Shooter View Post
          Form 1 SBR on a Trust

Mailed: 9/12/2016
          Rcvd: 9/14/2016
          Check Cashed: 9/16/2016
          Approved: 10/4/2017
          Stamp Rcvd: 10/10/2017

393 days!! I think I may be done with NFA items. Or... file next time as a individual.
          Mine was almost identical to yours.

Credit card processed for payment on 09/15/16.

Approved on 10/03/17

Received today ( 10/10/17 ).

Even the call taker(s) seemed embarrassed once it went over a year. Kept telling me "it should be close".

Individual submissions do seem to be getting processed way faster. We have received 2 that were sent in March.

Comment

This thread is not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzy's. The ATF cashed the check for my latest form 4 on 6/8/17. I was optimistic that I would receive the stamp in the next month or so. Based on what I am reading here I am beginning to think that is not a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by davidwiz View Post
              Form 4, individual via Silencer Shop kiosk March 11, 2017, approved September 28, 2017
              Sweet. They seem to be all over the place right now with individual submissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cwoods View Post
                This thread is not exactly giving me the warm and fuzzy's. The ATF cashed the check for my latest form 4 on 6/8/17. I was optimistic that I would receive the stamp in the next month or so. Based on what I am reading here I am beginning to think that is not a possibility.
                Rule of thumb is typically 8-9 months.
                Don't even bother calling till you hit 8 months.
                Not sure why you thought 5 months would be realistic. It is the government we are talking about.
                Friend...
                Even if you will make mischief itself in trousers - it not interestingly me...

Comment

Well.................the store just got a stamp in today ( trust ) that we sent August 27th, 2016. I thought my September 15th submission was long. Longest wait we ( our store ) has seen so far.

Comment

I called on my f4 trust sent 10/13/16 and the lady said 12-14 months is the norm for trusts right now. I have 5 more after that one ranging from January to September. I hope to have them all by next hunting season, and my next few I may do as an individual because they will be for truck guns.

Comment

Originally posted by fdkay View Post

Rule of thumb is typically 8-9 months.
                      Don't even bother calling till you hit 8 months.
                      Not sure why you thought 5 months would be realistic. It is the government we are talking about.
                      I have done this twice in the past and it took 4-5 months for approval, that is why I thought four to six months was realistic. I intentionally postponed my last purchase in an attempt to wait out the back log. It seems as though the process is slowing.

Comment

My first one took two months and that was two years ago. The next five took five months to the day. I wanted buy another last month and heard about the 12 month wait and decided it wasn't worth loaning money for that long. It's very disappointing.

Comment

why is it that filing on trust takes so much longer than individual? I'm waiting on 2 that are trust, check cashed in mid Feb 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by jda2631 View Post
                            why is it that filing on trust takes so much longer than individual? I'm waiting on 2 that are trust, check cashed in mid Feb 2017.
                            My uneducated guess is that, depending on how many individuals are on the trust, they are investigating every single one of those individuals listed on the trust, and thus it is taking longer.

1 mile steel ringer

Comment

Simply more paperwork for trust applications since 41f, so they are gonna take longer. There are some exceptions, but I'm seeing most individual form 4 applications returned in 7 months. I suspect that's gonna get quicker too.
                              Call, text, or email anytime for questions or pricing on suppressors .

(606)438-9921
                              Steven@pointmanfirearms.com

Comment

Would be interested to know how long the single shot trusts by silencer shop are taking. With just one person I am hoping they are the same timing as individual submittals.

Comment

A trust is a trust. Mine just has me on it, taking just as long as a trust with multiple people.

Comment

Personal Form 4 approved September 26. Still waiting on approval to arrive to my FFL.....

Comment

I filed a Form 1 for an SBR, mailed out around April 18 2017. I just received my tax stamp this morning. I think it came in the mail yesterday, 10/16. So just about a 6 month wait on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by mijp5 View Post
                                        I filed a Form 1 for an SBR, mailed out around April 18 2017. I just received my tax stamp this morning. I think it came in the mail yesterday, 10/16. So just about a 6 month wait on that one.
                                        I am assuming Individual?

Comment

Yes it was individual

Comment

Working...
                                          X