This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form 4 wait time

How long is the wait time on a form 4 to date? Post how long you have been waiting or how long you recently waited before it was completed and sighned.

JAY
    Last edited by Surgeon_Shooter; 06-22-2013, 07:25 AM.
    piiieeeyyyooowwwwwww!!!

• Originally posted by mpmilton View Post

The HPA is a much bigger "if/probably won't happen" than a when. I don't foresee it ever making it out of subcommittee, much less committee, and even then having enough votes. And certainly don't expect Congressmen to be clamoring to get on board what could be seen as a controversial bill as we enter primary season. Don't be drinking the koolaid Josh Waldron is handing out about it having a chance.
    Not trying to be a Debby-downer, just trying to give you a realistic view. If you're contemplating more suppressors, the best advice is to go ahead and act as if you have never heard of the HPA because if you are waiting on it, you will probably be waiting forever.

Just got this message from sliencerco: "Breaking news: HPA, H.R. 367, has been combined into the Sportsmenís Heritage and Recreational Enhancement (SHARE) Act, H.R. 3668, and passed the National Resource Committee with a 22 to 13 vote. Contact your congressmen by clicking the button below and urge them to vote ďyesĒ on SHARE"

At least its something, though I have heard that the SHARE act has it's own issues

Comment

• I do watch the news related to the hearing protection act but will reiterate what has been said previously, if you want a suppressor I see no reason to wait on this to pass. Wait times with the ATF do seem to be getting a little shorter.

Comment

• Originally posted by msrtex View Post
        I do watch the news related to the hearing protection act but will reiterate what has been said previously, if you want a suppressor I see no reason to wait on this to pass. Wait times with the ATF do seem to be getting a little shorter.
        Could not agree more. As Iíve said before, for several reason I believe right now is one of the best windows (shortest wait) weíll see, no matter what happens with HPA.

Comment

• Signed 15 Sept. 16, pending the 12th of October, should be getting it soon the guy said --I just called ATF, one of the only times I've called them in I don't know how many purchases. But a year is my WTF? point.

I hope new submissions don't take as long. Damn.

Comment

• Trust or individual? If trust it may be a while yet as I have one with almost identical dates as yours. Most recent trust approval I have seen was from late August '16.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayoung1 View Post
              Trust or individual? If trust it may be a while yet as I have one with almost identical dates as yours. Most recent trust approval I have seen was from late August '16.
              Sounds like individuals are moving MUCH faster than trusts. So if someone wanted to shorten their time to can-in-hand they could file as an individual , then transfer into a Trust after itís approved. Sure itís an extra $200 but you could gather the prints, pictures and paperwork and do most at the same time. I think the pictures are good for 1 year. I havenít found a time limit on the finger prints .....

Comment

• NFA Tracker is showing individual approvals from March and a single individual approval from April already.
                2015 AI AX308
                24" Bartlein 6.5 Creed w/ lil bastard
                S&B PMII 5-25x56 H59
                Spuhr 4002
                Atlas

Comment

• I filed September 1st of 2016. Got my stamp today. This is on a trust.

Comment

• mailed the form4 for individual on 12-28-16 (sold a can to a buddy of mine)
                    approved 9-25-17
                    received 9-27-17

Comment

• Form 4 individual
                      Mailed check 9-19-2017 cashed 9-28-2017
                      stay tuned
                      SEMPER FI

Comment

• Man they are all over the place. Some people from January and February getting approved while others from September, October, and November are still waiting. I'm itching for the call.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamero View Post
                          Man they are all over the place. Some people from January and February getting approved while others from September, October, and November are still waiting. I'm itching for the call.
                          Individuals are flying through, those are the Jan and Feb. The trusts are taking longer and they are the Octobers. http://www.nfatracker.com/nfa-transfer-time-tracking/ Capture.JPG

Comment

• Submitted 02/07/17
                            no idea on checked cashed (sent a MO)
                            approved 09/26/17

Now I get to wait for the paperwork to show up at my dealer and I'm finally done waiting!

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamero View Post
                              Submitted 02/07/17
                              no idea on checked cashed (sent a MO)
                              approved 09/26/17

Now I get to wait for the paperwork to show up at my dealer and I'm finally done waiting!
                              individual ? or trust ?
                              Last edited by THE SENTINEL; 09-29-2017, 11:00 AM.
                              SEMPER FI

Comment

• Individual.

Comment

• I am really regretting doing a trust now. My check was cashed in February and from looking at other submissions it could easily be 2018 before I get mine. Hopefully it will speed up for the trust folks.

Comment

• Form 4 Individual paper form: Check cashed /Pending 16MAR17, Approved 24SEP17 (a Sunday!). Stamp is at dealer today!!

Comment

• Individual 12-19-16 approved 09-24-17

Comment

• I find the submitted date on the previous two posts interesting. Both approved same day basically but submitted 3 months apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh20 View Post
                                          Form 4 Individual paper form: Check cashed /Pending 16MAR17, Approved 24SEP17 (a Sunday!). Stamp is at dealer today!!
                                          That is some great fucking news!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Juggerxxx View Post
                                            That is some great fucking news!!!!!
                                            Sho 'nuff! It's home now

Comment

• Have any of you submitted with the new barcode system? I did it 9/28/17 and they said the system had only been in place for about 3 weeks. My check isn't even cashed yet. Just curious if any of you have seen results yet since they are telling me the ATF expects wait times with the barcode to drop to "as low as 3 months."

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre23 View Post
                                                Have any of you submitted with the new barcode system? I did it 9/28/17 and they said the system had only been in place for about 3 weeks. My check isn't even cashed yet. Just curious if any of you have seen results yet since they are telling me the ATF expects wait times with the barcode to drop to "as low as 3 months."
                                                My dealer used the bar code on mine last month. I had them charge my CC instead of sending a check though, and it was charged a few days later.
                                                1 mile steel ringer

Comment

• Submitted a trust in Nov -16 called today still pending

my pre trust change took 8 1/2 months this time I'm at 11 months and still counting hoping for 13 months so Christmas ca be good
                                                  Don't be afraid to see what you see.

Ronald Regan

Comment

• I was told 12-14 months for trusts as of right now. Yet individuals are at 6-10 months, they need to get their shit together to get all approvals out the door instead of prioritizing individuals.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X