Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Knife is in your pocket right now?

Just like the title states. Here we go, I'll start. ZT 0452CF Sinkevich design, S35VN steel Carbon face plate, Titanium back, frame lock. My favorite EDC!!!
    Last edited by IanHusaberg; 02-24-2017, 11:10 PM.

• Bill Coye Whiskey 2

This knife goes with me everywhere I go. Needs a little clean up and sharpening but it'll still do the job.

Comment

• ZT 0770CF, Elmax and Carbon, hard to beat!

Jake

Comment

• Originally posted by Jcranfield View Post
        Bill Coye Whiskey 2

This knife goes with me everywhere I go. Needs a little clean up and sharpening but it'll still do the job.

Beauty

Comment

• Rarely in my pocket but thought some would like the pic anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by witchazel View Post

Beauty
            If you like that you'll love this. Unfortunately this doesn't get much pocket time.....

how do i upload images to the forum

Comment

• Originally posted by steve123 View Post
              Rarely in my pocket but thought some would like the pic anyway.
              More info please. Beautiful!

Comment

• After my own experiences I'm kinda surprised to see the overwhelmingly glowing reviews of the bench made brand. I edc carried a mini-barrage 585sbk on and off for about 8 years. I say on and off as the knife had to be sent back to bench made twice for repairs, it's currently on its way back for its third trip as we speak. I don't baby my knives but I don't beat them either and the knife had so much blade play while locked up that it wasn't even safe to use.

Keep in mind that the other knife that shared edc duties during this time frame was a ~$25 CRKT Point guard that hasn't had any problems at all in the same time frame, same user, same duties. Truthfully I also believe that the no-name steel of the CRKT blade held an edge almost as well as the benchmades 154cm blade but seemed to sharpen much easier.

For the price of the two I would say the CRKT is a superior value, maybe a better knife overall. That being said, I'm looking for another knife and I'll be looking at syderco or ZT this time around.
                Last edited by jeo556; 09-02-2017, 07:35 AM.
                Jeo556

know guns, Know Peace, Know Safety
                No Guns, No Peace, No Safety

R.I.P. Dad. I'll miss you.
                Sniper's Hide Search Engine

Comment

• Originally posted by Quarter Horse View Post

More info please. Beautiful!
                  Thanks, and it's for sale. I used to collect art knives years ago. In short many art knives are sole authorship so crafted by one artist with much of the work done by hand. As can be expected the fit and finish are superb and the blade is razor sharp.

Comment

• I carrying 2 a Kershaw Blur S30V and a DPX HEAT

Comment

• Originally posted by jeo556 View Post
                      After my own experiences I'm kinda surprised to see the overwhelmingly glowing reviews of the bench made brand. I edc carried a mini-barrage 585sbk on and off for about 8 years. I say on and off as the knife had to be sent back to bench made twice for repairs, it's currently on its way back for its third trip as we speak. I don't baby my knives but I don't beat them either and the knife had so much blade play while locked up that it wasn't even safe to use.

Keep in mind that the other knife that shared edc duties during this time frame was a ~$25 CRKT Point guard that hasn't had any problems at all in the same time frame, same user, same duties. Truthfully I also believe that the no-name steel of the CRKT blade held an edge almost as well as the benchmades 154cm blade but seemed to sharpen much easier.

For the price of the two I would say the CRKT is a superior value, maybe a better knife overall. That being said, I'm looking for another knife and I'll be looking at syderco or ZT this time around.
                      I haven't had the mechanical issues you had... I'm sorry to hear about it. But I will say the 154cm blade material is not great in my opinion. I was so impressed with my griptillian folder that I got a Benchmade fixed blade for camping etc. also D2 tool steel. You can fell a tree with it, gut your dinner and slice it after cooking. It doesn't need a touch up for an entire camping trip.

Back in the 80's the Spydeco knives were great. I can't say how the current product line is but it sounds like they are still quite good.
                      M40A-1 in process...

Comment

• Tactical Double Turbo

Comment

• MCU41Ct.jpg Mcusta Katana Folding Knife 3.25" VG10 Damascus Blade, Black and Blue
                          Last edited by WYO09; 09-03-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• My custom pine cone handle knife from Rapid River Knifeworks in the U.P. is my current one.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigbeardedchef View Post
                              My custom pine cone handle knife from Rapid River Knifeworks in the U.P. is my current one.
                              That's a pretty cool handle material and look. Is that resin impregnated pine cone or pine cone in Amber?

Comment

• Originally posted by lash View Post

That's a pretty cool handle material and look. Is that resin impregnated pine cone or pine cone in Amber?
                                It's an acrylic resin.

Comment

• That makes sense. Still a neat look.

Comment

• It's been a ZT 0450CF for awhile now. Perfect size for pocket EDC.

Comment

• Benchmade 698 Foray
                                      www.cstactical.com
                                      Call for hide pricing at 916.670.1103

sales@cstactical.com
                                      Click Here To Join our Facebook Fan Page

Comment

• Chris Reeve small Sebenza.

Comment

• Spiderco with Wave

Comment

• Benchmade Barrage with a tanto blade has been my EDC for about 5 years. The finish is a bit warn, but it holds an edge extremely well.

Comment

• Today it's the ZT0400 and a Lone Wolf/Harsey D2 (pre benchmade).... Back when Lone Wolf still made awesome knives!

Comment

• Let's see; 3 L.C. 5.56 brass, 1 .17 HMR round, 87 cents, a 4" three blade Schrade Stockman (Made in USA) , some lint, 1/4 full box of Cope....

By the end of the day my knife has a lot of company.
                                                "The Weak borrow tools. The Helpless borrow weapons".
                                                "When you don't know what to do, do the work that's in front of you." Calvin Coolidge.

Comment

• Funny post Nodak!
                                                  M40A-1 in process...

Comment

• Originally posted by J!m View Post
                                                    Funny post Nodak!
                                                    Thanks. Truth is, sometimes I still fell like I'm 10 years old, pocket full of Super X or Coast to Coast short HP's, Barlow knife, neat rock, etc. Nowadays it's more torx bits, pencils stubs, store receipts, odd screw or bolt. But still a knife, always a knife. Ain't properly dressed without a knife.

"The Weak borrow tools. The Helpless borrow weapons".
                                                    "When you don't know what to do, do the work that's in front of you." Calvin Coolidge.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X