728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tools for dry firing rimfire.

I just got a new Anschutz and the trigger is 3oz. I need to get lots of trigger time in on this trigger. I was hoping something was out there for dry firing. I was wondering if I could use a spent piece of brass and just rotate it around. Any Ideas.
    There is no such thing as luck, luck is when preperation meets opportunity... Knute Rockne

Born the same date as Ronald Regan great to be me.....

Buy spare firing pin and file it down so it wont hit the breech face. Probably more of a hassle to swap pins but its an option.

Comment

Google " Snap Caps for Rimfire "

Comment

Originally posted by Duc View Post
        Google " Snap Caps for Rimfire "
        This times 100. When dry firing, make sure the whole snap cap comes out though. I just had one break. The entire head came off the cap, but the body was stuck inside the chamber. I had to use a cleaning rod from the breach to get it out. That's not something I wanted to do with my 54.18.....
        Just another beautiful day in paradise!

Comment

4-6-8 ◊ 7/8 drywall anchor..feeds from mags. Been using them for quite some time never had one break off yet. Just rotate the anchors so they are not hitting the same place.

Edit for pic
          Last edited by Shifty6BR; 09-13-2017, 08:22 AM.

Comment

^^^^ Thats what I use as well. Take a black sharpie to mark the striker hit and rotate them around when loading. That way you're not hitting the same area over and over

Comment

Empty brass works fine
              Rick Jones
              MAJ, SF (Ret)

Comment

Working...
              X