This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Ok, no more drip feeding, it's time for full fire hose.

The VGW V-22 is a true-to-scale mid-lock rimfire bolt action with integral recoil lug. One of the many unique features of this design is, for a mid-lock, there are no lug ways forward of the lug abutment in the receiver. The rail is MilStd 1913, available in 0, 25 and 30 MOA. The action is currently in full production and available from Vudoo Gun Works in St. George, UT.

This rifle has no finish on it yet and of course, it uses my AICS patterned magazine that is currently fielded in many 40X Repeater Conversions. The action is a direct drop in to any Rem700 Short Action Stock or Chassis, with the only accommodation being the ejection port is shorter than the standard Rem700/40X length port. Unlike the 40X Rimfire, the lugs in the VGW V-22 are concealed.

I'll be spending more time on the range tomorrow and will post video of it cycling, but it runs like a Swiss watch.

Thanks, Guys....

MB

• Originally posted by stevenc23 View Post
    Thanks for posting test results. Very impressive indeed. Glad I already have my order in as I think you may see a spike in orders soon
    Thanks, Steven.

There have been numerous questions about actual 40 shot group size. Looking at the top left group, in the lower right corner you'll see 13.3, that's the edge to edge group size in millimeters, which converts to .524". The center-to-center is .302".

MB

Comment

• Any plans for 17 WSM???
      Nuttier than a squirrel turd!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Eagle1899 View Post
        Any plans for 17 WSM???
        No plans.

MB

Comment

• Here ya go Flat, I said I'd post pics of the Vudoo specific Melonite. This one has a 17.5" Bartlein sitting in my test mule AICS chassis, I have a Manners TF-1 and just need to free up a few mins to finish it out.

MB

Comment

• Melonite and the stainless barrel looks great! The more I use and see just plain stainless barrels the more I like them.
            www.teamblaster.net

Comment

• That's pretty sweet looking! If everything goes as planned I should be ordering mine in a few weeks
              DW

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob01 View Post
                Melonite and the stainless barrel looks great! The more I use and see just plain stainless barrels the more I like them.
                Agreed, IMO you are just throwing $ down the drain to apply a bake on finish to a barrel.

The melonited action looks excellent Mike!
                SEMPER FI

We can not change the situations we are put in, only how those situations affect us.
                Home of the free because of the brave!

Comment

• Looks great. Thanks for the fix.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVAGE88 View Post
                    Here ya go Flat, I said I'd post pics of the Vudoo specific Melonite. This one has a 17.5" Bartlein sitting in my test mule AICS chassis, I have a Manners TF-1 and just need to free up a few mins to finish it out.

MB
                    Great looking rifle! What trigger is that?

Comment

• Great shots of the melonited action Mike - thanks for posting it up. I'll probably go ahead and use graphite black CK on the bbl for mine when I get it finished. That's what I did on the Stiller 2500XR rifle that went into a Manners Elite Tactical T4A in GAP camo, and I felt the black CK looked fine with the black nitride finish on the action & GAP finished stock. Now that I know you've gotten at least one action back from the melonite shop, I'm really looking forward to getting the call from Paul telling me my action is ready to ship! Got a lot of fall harvest & wheat planting work to get done before I can start on mine, but you can bet it won't sit in the shop any longer than absolutely necessary before the bbl work gets done...
                      Regards,
                      Dennis

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneShootinginAZ View Post

Great looking rifle! What trigger is that?
                        It's the Timney CE adjustable....really like it.

MB

Comment

• That one has my lucky number 8 on it

Looking awesome
                          NOMAD
                          8541 3/6,STA 3/2 STA,
                          Fast CO.,MCSFTCO CQB Section
                          Hurdle the dead, and Trample the weak!
                          NRA LIFE MEMBER

Impact Data Books is often imitated but never duplicated. We are your #1 source for modular data books for military, law enforcement and competitive shooters.

Comment

It's the Timney CE adjustable....really like it.

MB
                            Thanks!

Comment

• The only thing to add to this pic is the material for the DBM; 7075-T7XXX:

MB

Comment

• Why do you do this to me. I'm looking to buy a new 22, and this one is so far out of my price range that it isn't even funny. I really appreciate your machining, and design features. Very clean looking machine. Absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately I will have to buy something else, but the problem is, I will never be happy with that since I have seen these. You are an evil evil man. (Please understand my sarcasm!)

Comment

• Originally posted by 502Chevelle View Post
                                  Why do you do this to me. I'm looking to buy a new 22, and this one is so far out of my price range that it isn't even funny. I really appreciate your machining, and design features. Very clean looking machine. Absolutely beautiful. Unfortunately I will have to buy something else, but the problem is, I will never be happy with that since I have seen these. You are an evil evil man. (Please understand my sarcasm!)
                                  Thanks, 502, it came together very well and we have a bit more planned. The VGW Meloniting process capped it off, but Iíll get some pics of Cerakoted guns posted soon. Sorry for rubbing it all in, we canít help ourselves.

MB
                                  Last edited by RAVAGE88; 10-17-2017, 06:35 AM.

Comment

• MB

Comment

• Sweet looking rig,Will you guys install the for end rail on the stock for the atlas bipod.

Comment

• On a perfect fall day like today. Laying down with a sexy V22 and a brick of ammo would be like heaven. Damn that's sexy MB great job.
                                        NOMAD
                                        8541 3/6,STA 3/2 STA,
                                        Fast CO.,MCSFTCO CQB Section
                                        Hurdle the dead, and Trample the weak!
                                        NRA LIFE MEMBER

Impact Data Books is often imitated but never duplicated. We are your #1 source for modular data books for military, law enforcement and competitive shooters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose View Post
                                          Sweet looking rig,Will you guys install the for end rail on the stock for the atlas bipod.
                                          Thanks, and, Yessir.

MB

Comment

• Originally posted by NOMAD View Post
                                            On a perfect fall day like today. Laying down with a sexy V22 and a brick of ammo would be like heaven. Damn that's sexy MB great job.
                                            Thanks, Tony. Jay built this one, they're going together incredibly well.

MB

Comment

• MB

Comment

MB
                                                Whats the finish on this barrel?
                                                thanks Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Douglas Rome View Post

Whats the finish on this barrel?
                                                  thanks Douglas
                                                  VGW Melonite.

MB

Comment

• Mike I see on your web site that rifles may be in stock? whats the lead time on a Ravage with a 16" barrel. Also is any kind of Camo an option? Thanks I'm thinking I need another...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X