This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Ok, no more drip feeding, it's time for full fire hose.

The VGW V-22 is a true-to-scale mid-lock rimfire bolt action with integral recoil lug. One of the many unique features of this design is, for a mid-lock, there are no lug ways forward of the lug abutment in the receiver. The rail is MilStd 1913, available in 0, 25 and 30 MOA. The action is currently in full production and available from Vudoo Gun Works in St. George, UT.

This rifle has no finish on it yet and of course, it uses my AICS patterned magazine that is currently fielded in many 40X Repeater Conversions. The action is a direct drop in to any Rem700 Short Action Stock or Chassis, with the only accommodation being the ejection port is shorter than the standard Rem700/40X length port. Unlike the 40X Rimfire, the lugs in the VGW V-22 are concealed.

I'll be spending more time on the range tomorrow and will post video of it cycling, but it runs like a Swiss watch.

Thanks, Guys....

MB

• USAFA, that's a nice looking setup. Thanks for sharing.
    I'm glad to see these in the wild. I ordered one a short while ago and have a few weeks left to wait. Can't wait to hear more range reports and see what everyone is thinking about these as they get more familiar with them.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/vudoogunwor...7514673085684/

Jus sayin....

MB

Comment

• Drove down to Hutch here in Kansas yesterday morning to shoot Jeremy's last 22RF PR match of the season - and to see his new V-22 rifle. Shot the match with my jelrod-converted 40XB repeater, then ran a magazine full of SK Rifle Match through Jeremy's V-22 at the 'test your limits' plate rack at 226yds. He has an Athlon Ares 4.5-27x50 that I sold him mounted, which I found to be a very nice match for his new custom 22RF rifle. After shooting at the largest plate in the rack & getting the scope zeroed for me, I made three consecutive hits on the 2" plate with the Vudoo. Jeremy's a big guy, and had found the LOP of the OEM Grayboe stock too short for him, so had moved the bbl'd action over into his McM A4. The A4 didn't fit me very well at all, and he's got his trigger set at a much heavier value than the 8oz I have the Jewells set for in my 40Xs, Plus, since he'd just gotten the rifle set up late the afternoon before - in cool, wet drizzle - and hadn't had a chance to test various lots of the SK Rifle Match ammo he was using, I was very impressed with the rifle's accuracy. I thought I had my two jelrod-converted 40Xs running pretty well, but the V-22's feeding was notably better/smoother than my rifles, and remained so even when running the bolt slower than I would normally run mine.

You can bet I'm going to be checking my email several times a day for notification of when my V-22 action ships....
        Regards,
        Dennis

Comment

• Stayed home today waiting for my FFL to call. 1235 get a message that my Vudoo was there and ready for pick up. 1252 I was knocking on his door. Raced home and dropped it into my Manners folder with mini chassis and was off to the range to have some fun with my Vudoo. Started working on testing some different ammo and see what we will focus on feeding it.

Rifle is a work of art and shot everything pretty well it didt like the Eley Force ammo at all.

Next trip out it wil get dropped into my .22 BR rest and more testing. Enjoy my day 1 pics with this awesome rifle.

Thank you Vudoo for this awesome rifle and guys I highly recommend if your looking for a accurate .22 look no further.

NOMAD
          8541 3/6,STA 3/2 STA,
          Fast CO.,MCSFTCO CQB Section
          Hurdle the dead, and Trample the weak!
          NRA LIFE MEMBER

Impact Data Books is often imitated but never duplicated. We are your #1 source for modular data books for military, law enforcement and competitive shooters.

Comment

• Received mine last week. Threw some glass on it and fought the NE Ohio cold both Saturday and Sunday. Just trying different ammo I would say I now have over 200 rounds down range. The rifle is silky smooth and the mags are just awesome! So far the best groups in not idea conditions have come from SK Rifle Match and Wolf Extra Match. She didnt seem to like the Laupa Center X at all to my surprise. Pictured groups are all 5-shot at 50 yards. Black circle is 1 inch and the red dots are 1/2 inch for reference.

Comment

• I want one bad!

Comment

• Looks great Nomad, but it might need more scope! Got mine out to distance for the first time today. First round hit at 400 yds on a 12" piece of steel. Aguila standard. 19 mils of elevation. I got the 20 moa rail, but ran out of elevation in my Bushnell ERS. had to hold 6 mils on the reticle which worked fine. Approximately 23 ft. of correction, kind of crazy. Lots of fun to shoot, glad I got it.

Comment

• Only the best scopes go on my RIfles. The 3-18 is perfect scope it allows me great low end power for close shots.

Canít wait to get home from work have some V22 tinkering to do tonight.
                  NOMAD
                  8541 3/6,STA 3/2 STA,
                  NRA LIFE MEMBER

Impact Data Books is often imitated but never duplicated. We are your #1 source for modular data books for military, law enforcement and competitive shooters.

Comment

• Very nice guys!
                    SEMPER FI

We can not change the situations we are put in, only how those situations affect us.
                    Home of the free because of the brave!

Comment

• Got my shipping notice today!!!!!!!

Can't wait!

Comment

• Congrats! Just picked mine up yesterday and it's awesome. Unfortunately everything I own is boxed up for my move so I won't be able to shoot it for a couple weeks but just knowing it's there is nice lol
                        www.teamblaster.net

Comment

• Got mine today, solid as a bank vault. 12 lbs 12 oz with a Golden Eagle and empty mag. Will test drive next week.
                          The test target is better than the one Anschutz sent with the 1907.
                          Last edited by sunburned; 11-17-2017, 06:17 PM.
                          For some reason, Islamists are the only racist, sexist, homophobic theocrats the media can't summon outrage against.

Comment

• Congrats and welcome to the Vudoo Club!!
                            NOMAD
                            8541 3/6,STA 3/2 STA,
                            NRA LIFE MEMBER

Comment

• Thank You, going to make the most of it.
                              For some reason, Islamists are the only racist, sexist, homophobic theocrats the media can't summon outrage against.

Comment

Working...
                              X