728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vudoo Gun Works V-22 Rimfire Bolt Action

Ok, no more drip feeding, it's time for full fire hose.

The VGW V-22 is a true-to-scale mid-lock rimfire bolt action with integral recoil lug. One of the many unique features of this design is, for a mid-lock, there are no lug ways forward of the lug abutment in the receiver. The rail is MilStd 1913, available in 0, 25 and 30 MOA. The action is currently in full production and available from Vudoo Gun Works in St. George, UT.

This rifle has no finish on it yet and of course, it uses my AICS patterned magazine that is currently fielded in many 40X Repeater Conversions. The action is a direct drop in to any Rem700 Short Action Stock or Chassis, with the only accommodation being the ejection port is shorter than the standard Rem700/40X length port. Unlike the 40X Rimfire, the lugs in the VGW V-22 are concealed.

I'll be spending more time on the range tomorrow and will post video of it cycling, but it runs like a Swiss watch.

Thanks, Guys....

MB

That looks and sounds incredible, congrats!!! Looking forward to all the pics and videos that will be coming out as the rifles ship.

Comment

6 or 12 o'clock firing pin setup? Cost for an action?

Comment

Originally posted by 45cal4life View Post
        That looks and sounds incredible, congrats!!! Looking forward to all the pics and videos that will be coming out as the rifles ship.
        Thanks, 45. Videos up tomorrow.

MB

Comment

Originally posted by djdilliodon View Post
          6 or 12 o'clock firing pin setup? Cost for an action?
          12 o'clock.

$1320--Complete action with choice of rail (0, 25, 30 MOA), all screws and pins included, lug is integral.

MB

Comment

Looking forward to seeing these in the wild!
            Just another beautiful day in paradise!

Comment

Hmmmm. Just in time!
              My girlfriend is gone for the weekend so I needed something to, um, keep me occupied.

Jokes aside, looks awesome, thanks for the full pictures. Cant wait to see the videos and deciding how to get one into my grubby little hands sooner rather than later.

Comment

Looks great Mike! Are the sales going threw Vudoo Gun Works? What is the best way to contact them?
                SEMPER FI

We can not change the situations we are put in, only how those situations affect us.
                Home of the free because of the brave!

Comment

Originally posted by jbell View Post
                  Looks great Mike! Are the sales going threw Vudoo Gun Works? What is the best way to contact them?
                  Thanks, JB. Yes, contact VGW directly: http://vudoogunworks.com/

You can contact me anytime with questions, etc.

MB

Comment

Originally posted by powdahound76 View Post
                    Hmmmm. Just in time!
                    My girlfriend is gone for the weekend so I needed something to, um, keep me occupied.

Jokes aside, looks awesome, thanks for the full pictures. Cant wait to see the videos and deciding how to get one into my grubby little hands sooner rather than later.
                    Thanks, PH. I'll be back on the range tomorrow, will post more info.

MB

Comment

Well guess I need a 4th MB setup now

Comment

Originally posted by MOAxp View Post
                        Well guess I need a 4th MB setup now
                        You know how to find me, Bro.

MB

Comment

I'm receiving a lot of emails and PMs asking how to place an order. Call the shop and speak with Paul, Jay or Jill, they're busy running the Vudoo Rimfire Series Match today and tomorrow, but will be back in the shop Monday. The number is on our website: vudoogunworks.com

MB

Comment

Looking good Mike! Looking forward to seeing videos of you running the rifle & getting more feedback when you guys get a few of these rifles out & into the hands of other shooters. I've got a couple of Krieger 22RF blanks coming in September, can't think of a better way to use them than on a couple of your new actions.
                            Regards,
                            Dennis

Comment

Do you have a price for a barreled action with trigger (i.e. a complete unit ready to drop into an existing chassis)?
                              One of the best things about forums is being able to learn from others.
                              From them you can learn; what to do, what not to do and what to do "when you do" what not to do

Comment

That's very cool!

Comment

I'd love for you to do a "walk around" the 40x and the new Action and talk about the difference with pictures and why the improvements are important.

Seems like a nice nice price point considering the alternative conversion full-up costs, and frankly you'd need to factor in a new PTG bolt and maybe a barrel to get to like-like.

did I miss the barrel manufacturer/
                                  I'll stop buying black rifles when my wife stops buying black shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by flatland1 View Post
                                    Looking good Mike! Looking forward to seeing videos of you running the rifle & getting more feedback when you guys get a few of these rifles out & into the hands of other shooters. I've got a couple of Krieger 22RF blanks coming in September, can't think of a better way to use them than on a couple of your new actions.
                                    Thanks Flat and here ya go....range day was awesome:

https://youtu.be/1i4T6U2LwPI

MB

Comment

MB

Comment

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
                                        I'd love for you to do a "walk around" the 40x and the new Action and talk about the difference with pictures and why the improvements are important.

Seems like a nice nice price point considering the alternative conversion full-up costs, and frankly you'd need to factor in a new PTG bolt and maybe a barrel to get to like-like.

did I miss the barrel manufacturer/
                                        Mark,
                                        I'll be happy to put this together, getting started on it later today and finish/post tomorrow. Based on the technology involved, the price point is highly competitive, being very mindful of the "donor" attribute to converting a 40X.

The barrels we're currently using:
                                        Vudoo Cut Rifled
                                        Bartlein
                                        Krieger
                                        Lothar Walther
                                        Shilen Ratchet

I'm quite sure we'll be adding more barrels, one in particular I'm pretty excited about.

MB

Comment

Originally posted by Sig Marine View Post
                                          Do you have a price for a barreled action with trigger (i.e. a complete unit ready to drop into an existing chassis)?
                                          Not in front of me at the moment, but will circle back with the info.

MB

Comment

10 shots, 50 yards:

MB

Comment

Very nice Mike. Look forward to getting my hands on one.
                                              www.mcr-rifles.com

Comment

Thanks, Jelrod, give me a call when you're ready.

MB

Comment

Lots more progress today:

MB

Comment

Working...
                                                  X