Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dissapointed in my Bushnell DMR2!!!

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dissapointed in my Bushnell DMR2!!!

    Just got mine in the mail today. VERY dissapointed. It feels as cheap as a $99 Barska from Walmart. The illumination SUCKS. The numbers are partially lit, and a different part of each number lights up. The illumination lights up more than it should and ruins the picture at low magnification. Turrets feel kinda mushy. Maxed out elevation and the eye box gets super tight and sensitive to movement. Paralax knob is really loose and too easy to turn. WTF is this crap? So pissed I just spent $1600 on this cheap Chinese made shit. Do I even take it out and shoot it? Can't comment on the glass as I didn't have time to take it out. Am I missing something here? I thought everyone said these things were the bestest. At least Bushnell promo vids did...
    Do I try to get used to it? Maybe return it for the non illuminated model? I know things can grow on you after you get used to it..

    Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk


  • #76
    Originally posted by Monstershot View Post

    Unfortunately that was on the old scout site and unless my search skills suck it's gone...they probably suck. Redo?
    its gone i found tid bits but not enough to put a list together. only thing was frank likes the 3-20 S&B short and thats it.
    Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by lennyo3034 View Post

      That applies to me. Mine definitely does.
      Mine kind of has this wobble that you speak of, but I can't imagine how it could be avoided? It seems like the slight wobble in the unlocked position is because it can "wobble" or "move" towards the locked position. Like there is no "detent" holding the knob in the unlocked position so it is free to wiggle a little bit towards the locked position. I am not sure if its worth sending the scope back for something like this, I would find it hard to believe that this is a defect and that a new scope will fix the problem.

      Given the lifetime warranty, its probably safe to use it and keep an eye on it, if it ever becomes an issue, you can still send it back. Also I'd hate to send back my primary scope and be waiting for weeks only to find out they send me a new scope with the same issue... I would be curious to see if others with this scope has absolutely zero play in their windage turret while in the full unlocked position.

      Comment


      • #78
        I played with a buddies ERS scope and it had zero play in it, so i sent my back but i fear USPS lost my scope no tracking info since it departed my local PO. So this will be an adventure.
        Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Xander3Zero View Post

          I would be curious to see if others with this scope has absolutely zero play in their windage turret while in the full unlocked position.
          I have a DMRII-i and its as tight as a drum. No "wobble" in the turrets at all, and the more I've used them, the better they feel. So far its been an outstanding optic. My only minor complaints would be:
          1) The detents in the illumination knob are not very distinct. The transitions between on-off are difficult to feel. I hardly ever use it, so it really doesn't bother me and it seems to be something that has improved with use.
          2) (this is difficult to explain) Objects that are out of focus (say at <100yds, when I have my parallax set for a target at a greater distance) exhibit a lot of CA, and this can sometimes be a little distracting. Objects in focus are very clear and exhibit little to no CA. This varies with color and light conditions and is much more pronounced when its very sunny.

          Sounds to me like the OP had a lemon because my scope exhibits none of those issues. The numbers do partially illuminate (little tiny bits) but I can only tell if I'm at MAX magnification and MAX brightness. At lower magnifications (8-18x), and lower brightness settings I don't see any number illumination at all.

          If one were so inclined to shop around, this scope can be had for around $1200 NIB. If were stuck at spending $1600 for it though...I would probably be considering a G1 Razor or saving more for a G2.
          Fight, for your right to party...

          Comment


          • #80
            i got it thu the MIL program so i paid less, but still it annoying on a retail value scope of $1600.
            Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Eric32 View Post
              i got it thu the MIL program so i paid less, but still it annoying on a retail value scope of $1600.
              I too paid significantly less than retail, and the slight wiggle in the windage knob appears to be only cosmetic and have no affect on function. I would be curious to see how Bushnell will take care of you, and to see if they send you a new scope with a solid windage turret.

              Comment


              • #82
                i know it is a cosmetic issue but that still doesnt make it right. but i hope they do the right thing if not i will be selling it. And going with a Gen 2 Razor and calling it a day
                Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Honestly, I am kind of shocked to hear this. I have spent time behind all kinds of scopes from Nikon to S&B, Khales, NF, the list goes on and on. With that being said the only scopes I own now are Bushnells. In fact, I think I am down to only using the elite tactical ERS and XRS models on all of my bolt actions, if I am not mistaken. From my experience they are an excellent value. They are every bit as good as any of the higher end scopes I have used that cost at least 2x as much. They have tactile turrets, track well and super clear glass with a good bit of eye relief, for me. I did have an issue with an XRS once and I shipped it back and they replaced it, no questions asked. I am truly shocked by what you are describing. That doesn't sound like the bushnell I know at all. Sounds like you may have inadvertently got something you shouldn't have. Maybe it was a floor model that people did who knows what with? I would send it back and send them your concerns. They have been very receptive to my feedback in the past. So, I encourage you to send it back and contact them. Good luck to you. I am going to follow this and see what happens.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    yea i sent it back in, but a shit luck as would have it. its lost in the current USPS system despite 1000 insurance and signature.

                    filed a claim with USPS but i am not hopeful to ever see it again
                    Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Eric32 View Post
                      yea i sent it back in, but a shit luck as would have it. its lost in the current USPS system despite 1000 insurance and signature.

                      filed a claim with USPS but i am not hopeful to ever see it again
                      hopefully it will turn up, and bushnell will take care of you. please let us (me) know if you ever get a replacement and if it has a solid windage turret lol. I am so torn about mine now, whether its worth dealing with bushnell and shipping my scope back to them or not... wish I had never read this thread haha!

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        do a windage test make sure it tracks, zero the windage to your load, and never fucking touch it agian an hold for windage if you need it.

                        Not worth the hassle.
                        Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Eric32 View Post
                          do a windage test make sure it tracks, zero the windage to your load, and never fucking touch it agian an hold for windage if you need it.

                          Not worth the hassle.
                          haha well put

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            This whole thing is very surprising. I also have 2 of the Elite Tactical scopes and I have run the shit out of them with the turrets and never a hick up out of either one. But not to say that you did not get a bad one. With that being said I have seen NF,S&B,swarovski scopes go bad also,and Leopold. Shit happens just deal with it.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Iím a little surprised at all the negative comments as well. Iíve run first a DMR and more recently an HDMR II almost exclusively for the last 5 years of competition. I did use a 3-18 Gen II Razor briefly, but switched back to the Bushnells. I bought both used, and despite plenty of abuse have probably only lost a couple hundred in value each.

                              Theyíve been great scopes for me, have functioned perfect, and have just been overachievers. Thereís not a scope Iím aware of that goes for less than ~ $2,500 on the used market that Iíd trade my HDMR II for. Your mileage may vary and OBVIOUSLY not everyone feels the same way, but Iím very happy with mine.
                              Empirical results rule!

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                yea i am not saying bushnell are terrible scopes or the DMR2 is shit, i am just upset that i got a lemon scope. and sending it back it gets lost by USPS.

                                that scope has what i think to be the perfect reticle for matches and hunting application's and even some F-class matches as well. if they opended the center to a dot would be my only minor change.

                                the scope when i had was super bright just like my 5-20 HD from SWFA. the clicks were great and the picturr stayed bright at 20x.

                                i just want my DMR2 not to be lost in the mail and not to have issues with the windage turret locking up and moving side to side when i do have to dial some windage.
                                Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

                                Comment


                                • #91
                                  Getting a lemon would indeed suck. Iíve had it happen before (not with Bushnell) and wasnít happy about it either. Iím more referring to the idea that there are numerous better options in the $1000 range, if there are I havenít seen them. And Iíve used many of the popular options.

                                  It also sucks that your scope is stuck (or lost) in shipping limbo, but that isnít really specific to THIS scope, beyond the fact it needed to go back which opened up an additional exposure to shipping issues.
                                  Empirical results rule!

                                  Comment


                                  • #92
                                    I TAKE BACK ALL THE BAD THINGS I HAVE SAID ABOUT USPS!!!! My scope arrived on the 9th of OCT at bushnell, a week late but it's there!!!!!! The tracking number still shows it as departing my local Post office. Man, what a friday day surprise my weekend just got better.

                                    ***Update: They found my scope wasn't returning to zero like i found out and the windage knob is also jacked up. They are replacing it with a new one.

                                    SO if your windage knob is acting funny also check it for return to zero and tracking issues.
                                    Last edited by Eric32; 10-13-2017, 10:16 AM.
                                    Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

                                    Comment


                                    • #93
                                      Originally posted by Eric32 View Post
                                      I TAKE BACK ALL THE BAD THINGS I HAVE SAID ABOUT USPS!!!! My scope arrived on the 9th of OCT at bushnell, a week late but it's there!!!!!! The tracking number still shows it as departing my local Post office. Man, what a friday day surprise my weekend just got better.

                                      ***Update: They found my scope wasn't returning to zero like i found out and the windage knob is also jacked up. They are replacing it with a new one.

                                      SO if your windage knob is acting funny also check it for return to zero and tracking issues.
                                      So much for Friday the 13th being bad luck! What a relief, aye ?!

                                      Comment


                                      • #94
                                        yea, i got the postcard from bushnell today. friday the 13 is great
                                        Ten men wisely led, will beat one hundred with out a head.

                                        Comment


                                        • #95
                                          Originally posted by SilentStalkr View Post
                                          Honestly, I am kind of shocked to hear this. I have spent time behind all kinds of scopes from Nikon to S&B, Khales, NF, the list goes on and on. With that being said the only scopes I own now are Bushnells. In fact, I think I am down to only using the elite tactical ERS and XRS models on all of my bolt actions, if I am not mistaken. From my experience they are an excellent value. They are every bit as good as any of the higher end scopes I have used that cost at least 2x as much. They have tactile turrets, track well and super clear glass with a good bit of eye relief, for me. I did have an issue with an XRS once and I shipped it back and they replaced it, no questions asked. I am truly shocked by what you are describing. That doesn't sound like the bushnell I know at all. Sounds like you may have inadvertently got something you shouldn't have. Maybe it was a floor model that people did who knows what with? I would send it back and send them your concerns. They have been very receptive to my feedback in the past. So, I encourage you to send it back and contact them. Good luck to you. I am going to follow this and see what happens.
                                          bushnell should send you a check after this fluffer post lol

                                          Comment


                                          • #96
                                            Ha. I wish. Iím just giving credit where itís due man. Thatís all. As I stated I have used many different scopes and there are arguably some better, but not in their price range. All of my elite tacticals have been every bit as good as any of the scopes costing 2x as much that I have ever had or used. Somepeople get it in their head that more expensive means better and most times I would agree but from my experience that is simply not always the case.

                                            Ive also ran and had good luck with Nikon and Leupolds and sent them some feedback. Both were very receptive to my feedback and ran with it. Leopoldo has since made huge strides from the scope I sent them feedback on many years ago. However,íI still donít think their stuff is anywhere near the quality of the Bushnell Elite line. Thatís just been my experience. Everyone has one. Iíll keep saving money and running my Bushnells. I must also point out that I have never paid full retail price for any of my stuff either. That makes a difference. I admit while I think the dmr is a good scope I wouldnít have paid $1600 for it I donít think.

                                            Comment


                                            • #97
                                              Originally posted by SilentStalkr View Post
                                              As I stated I have used many different scopes and there are arguably some better, but not in their price range. All of my elite tacticals have been every bit as good as any of the scopes costing 2x as much that I have ever had or used.
                                              Uhm, what? How can you make these statements that contradict one another in back to back sentences? That makes no sense.

                                              MAP on the DMR2 is $1550 for the base model with no illumination or Horus option which 2X the price would be optics with a $3100 MAP. The ERS and XRS you also previously referenced as being the only ones you own currently have MAP's of $1950/$2150 which 2X the price would be $3900/$4300 which is pretty much the extreme end of the top tier price range outside of a few exceptions. I understand this is MAP and you can get the Bushnells for less but you can get discounts off MAP on any of them so it's a fair comparison price wise based on your claims.

                                              Either you're off your rocker with your evaluation if you have experience with a broad range of optics, or your evaluation lacks experience. It's one or the other.

                                              I had a few DMR's/HDMR's and an ERS. I currently have a HDMR 2 and my experience differs greatly. The original DMR's and ERS's were borderline terrible to me. The pull up turrets blow, at least the ERS got a zerostop (although arguably the worst zero stop design of any optic I've ever used) and 10 mil turrets but they still left a lot to be desired. The DMR's 5 mil non zero stop that easily move up and down? Good luck with them is all I can say. It was so easy to get lost on revolution and the knobs moving up and down so easily so I had to constantly make sure the knob is all the way up to even be able to trust the indicator lines. Beyond the turrets, the glass was mediocre as best in all but one. Two of the DMR's got dark and cloudy up top so the optic was basically useless above 18x and even below that was meh, I certainly wouldn't want to use it in low light or behind a NV clip on. The ERS was a touch better, it was actually serviceable up to 21x but again nothing great. One DMR actually had surprisingly nice glass but based on my other experiences and talking to others who have them, I got a unicorn.

                                              As far as the HDMR 2, I like it. At street price you can actually get them for I don't think you can beat them. Everything works as it should and the glass is good but still not great and certainly doesn't begin to compare to the top tier stuff. The turret, parallax, and magnification are good (way better than the previous bushys) but are just good, not great or amazing like higher end stuff. I'd buy it again at street price, and I don't plan on getting rid of mine but I also don't plan on getting anymore. There's no way I'd pay the $1600 MAP that my model has, it's not worth that. At that price you're too close to what you can get better options for, and at or over what you can get used options for that are also better.

                                              I'd consider revising your inaccurate statements so that you don't mislead potential consumers. You're accounts are not accurate nor are they even reasonable based on the portion of your last post that I quoted here.

                                              Comment


                                              • #98
                                                Dude, first off, I am not revising my statement. Just because your experience differs from mine doesnít make mine any less valid. Second, you know nothing about me, who I am or what I do or any experience that I may or may not have. I am calling it like I see it. And, my statement that you quoted is not contradictory at all. I stated that there are some scopes out there that are arguably better than the ers and xrs models that I have. I didnít specify which ones. I then stated that mine have been every bit as good as some I have had and or used that are 2x as much. Again, I didnít specify. I didnít say they were better than every scope costing 2x as much but I can tell you they were every bit as good as some of the much higher end scopes I have had in every arena aside from a NF Beast. That was some of the clearest glass I have ever seen. But itís not even in the same ballpark price wise. Then I stated that I didnít think there was anything better in the same price range, that I personally have used, which is true. I also said that I didnít pay full retail for mine. I paid $1050each for pretty much all of mine and there is no other scope remotely out there in the same league for that kind of money. Sorry. I have tested many and unless you want to pony up $3000 or so then I havenít come across anything yet that comes close. Even then the bushnells I have can play side by side with the big boys. At $1050 each, I donít think they can be beat.

                                                correction, the xrsís cost me $1050 each. I paid $900 for the ERSís. If you can name a scope better than either of those in that price range, I am all ears. I have probably used them at one time or another. Now if you want to argue that a Khales that is $3800 is better we can have that argument, but itís not even in the same ballpark price wise and imo the elite series is every bit as capable. But thatís just my opinion. I can tell you from our testing it was every bit on par in performance with scopes costing much much more. Maybe I just got lucky and got some good ones. I donít know, this is just my experience. And, if you recall I did have an xrs that had to go back that they replaced, no questions asked. The replacement has been spot on.

                                                In regards to your statement about the zero stop design, i 100% agree with you on that. That could certainly be improved upon and there are many designs out there on higher end scopes that I think are much easier/more intuitive to use for sure but that is just one aspect of the scope. I hope they address this on future designs.

                                                With all that being said, you act as if you have some kind of testing to conclude that the Bushnell Elite Tactical scopes are not quite up to par by the sounds of it. Can I ask how you came about your opinion of them? What kind of testing went into it etc.? All I have to go on is my own experiences of many years of owning and selling, trading and borrowing stuff. I have never had 40 different scopes at my disposal at the same time to make some in-depth scientific analysis of how they all compare according to every test imaginable. But I have swapped scopes on and off the same rifle, zeroíd them, done basic tracking tests, run them all the way up and back down etc. on most of them, just not all at one time. And I will admit I didnít write down and compile all of this data. We may have shot 2-3 different ones at a time to compare to and then a year may have passed before we compared to another and at that point itís based all off of memory. So, there is that. Again, this is just my experiences. If you have some data that I can see that would encourage me to trash them because your testing found this or that then I am all ears. I have an open mind. I never said they were the best scope around but they are very capable and I donít know of anything remotely in the price range I paid that would compare. I would be interested to hear about more of your experiences with them.
                                                Last edited by SilentStalkr; 10-13-2017, 10:16 PM.

                                                Comment


                                                • #99
                                                  Im sure the OP has moved on to newer and better scopes and is fully satisfied with something better than a $100 Barska but Id have to add that after reading only the first, very entertaining page of this thread Id almost guarantee that he got a lemon based on the samples Ive used and also on the one I have. Its a damned nice scope. Are there better? Sure there are but a Barska? Really? Come on. That was just mean man, mean.
                                                  An acquaintance of mine used his atop an AR 15 platform to win this years PASASS DMR series which includes multiple timed shot engagements from 100 to 900 meters, moving targets and hostage stages. I doubt a $100 Barska would allow that.
                                                  Dude, you either just got a lemon (possible) or there is something else going on at the little end of the scope (likely).

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by SilentStalkr View Post
                                                    Ha. I wish. Iím just giving credit where itís due man. Thatís all. As I stated I have used many different scopes and there are arguably some better, but not in their price range. All of my elite tacticals have been every bit as good as any of the scopes costing 2x as much that I have ever had or used. Somepeople get it in their head that more expensive means better and most times I would agree but from my experience that is simply not always the case.

                                                    Ive also ran and had good luck with Nikon and Leupolds and sent them some feedback. Both were very receptive to my feedback and ran with it. Leopoldo has since made huge strides from the scope I sent them feedback on many years ago. However,íI still donít think their stuff is anywhere near the quality of the Bushnell Elite line. Thatís just been my experience. Everyone has one. Iíll keep saving money and running my Bushnells. I must also point out that I have never paid full retail price for any of my stuff either. That makes a difference. I admit while I think the dmr is a good scope I wouldnít have paid $1600 for it I donít think.
                                                    "I have spent time behind all kinds of scopes from Nikon to S&B, Khales, NF, the list goes on and on. With that being said the only scopes I own now are Bushnells. In fact, I think I am down to only using the elite tactical ERS and XRS models on all of my bolt actions, if I am not mistaken. From my experience they are an excellent value. They are every bit as good as any of the higher end scopes I have used that cost at least 2x as much."

                                                    i just hope no one reads this, buys a bushnell...then actually gets their hands on an ATACR, Gen 2 razor, Kahles, Schmidt, etc...theyll be disappointed AF lol

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X