728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered a Minox from CST!

It's the ZP5 5-25 MR4 Reticle. I'm very excited, should be here tomorrow. I've got a Steiner Military 5-25 to compare it to, we'll see how it goes.
    I've never used a Christmas tree type reticle before, but I liked the way this one was done. I hope I find it useful, the MR5 looked excellent, maybe an improvement over my MSR.

CS Tactical was great to deal with, I will buy from them again.

Mine is also arriving today, let us know what your initial impressions are once you have it in hand..

Comment

If these are your first ZP5s, you will be positively stunned, particularly with the image quality!

love to hear your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Threadcutter308 View Post
        If these are your first ZP5s, you will be positively stunned, particularly with the image quality!

love to hear your feedback.
        Yeah, this is my first Minox MR4, gotta see what all the hype is about...

Comment

Thank you for your business everyone! We appreciate our customers and I'm glad you guys are loving your scopes
          www.cstactical.com
          Call for hide pricing at 916.670.1103

sales@cstactical.com
          Click Here To Join our Facebook Fan Page

Comment

It really isn't hype......But, there are an awful lot of really good scopes out there these days. You're probably hearing a lot of chatter from (dare I say it ? "Fanboys". I suppose I could be considered guilty of that too....).
            If I didn't have ZP5s, or, they weren't available, could I be happy with Schmidt & Bender, Kahles, Hensoldt, TT, etc ? Absolutely !

Comment

Your going to love em. That reticle is amazing.

Comment

Just received mine today I ordered from CS Tac. The hype is real!! I swapped a Kahles SKMR3 for it. I like it much better, I mean every aspect of the Minox is better imho. I was skeptical seeing all the posts here, but I absolutely love this optic.

Comment

Originally posted by Gil P. View Post
                  It's the ZP5 5-25 MR4 Reticle. I'm very excited, should be here tomorrow. I've got a Steiner Military 5-25 to compare it to, we'll see how it goes.
                  I've never used a Christmas tree type reticle before, but I liked the way this one was done. I hope I find it useful, the MR5 looked excellent, maybe an improvement over my MSR.

CS Tactical was great to deal with, I will buy from them again.

Sorry to to hear that, man. I made the same mistake, and now I'm stuck buying $3k optics. The Minox ruined everything else for me.
                  dallasrifle.com

Comment

i got my ZP5 MR4 last tuesday(thanks CS tactical AWESOME guys to deal with)...i shot a nightforce 8-32 nxs and a ATACR for about 7yrs. when i went FFP i switched to a GEN2 razor which ive shot for the last 3yrs...love the razor and NFs but the glass in the minox is hands down better...i really like the reticle..turrets and focus are tight and positive...i have not mounted the minox yet as im swapping barrels this weekend.
                    i can say for my eyes the hype is justified and honestly i did not expect this scope to be as clear and sharp as it is...makes me wish ida bought German glass a LONG time ago.

Comment

You got pictures of this bad boy?

Comment

Went to the range a couple times this week with the Minox.

I did a tall target test, and it tracked perfectly. I use a tape measure to get the exact distance.
                        The glass is great. Turrets are excellent, very tactile, with the perfect amount of stiffness. The parallax and illumination is excellent as well. The reticle will take some getting used to. The center dot is very precise, I found the .2 mil divisions to be easy to use. The reticle is much thinner than the MSR in my Steiner (.035 vs .05), when it starts getting dark, the illumination in the Minox comes in handy.

The markings on the turrets are also super bright. The eyebox on my Steiner is probably a little better, I didn't have any issues getting behind the Minox though. At Max power the Minox is surprisingly comfortable to look through. It really is excellent when you crank it up.

I want haven't used the holdovers yet. I plan on doing that in my next trip to the range.

Comment

Someone had to back out of the last MR4 we had reserved, if you want one than grab it quickly https://www.cstactical.com/p/5490-Mi...4-Reticle.aspx
                          www.cstactical.com

sales@cstactical.com

Comment

Guess I've been hiding under a rock, that scope with that reticle is exactly what I'd want. Shame I bought an AMG.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOE800 View Post
                              Guess I've been hiding under a rock, that scope with that reticle is exactly what I'd want. Shame I bought an AMG.
                              How do you like the reticle in your AMG?

Comment

Originally posted by Gil P. View Post
                                How do you like the reticle in your AMG?
                                Overall I like it, but there are changes I would make. I would prefer a fine center dot like the Razor Gen 2 over the floating crosshair, but I like the combination of .2 mrad subtensions and .5 mrad subtensions, very usable. I would like a .1 mrad scale like the MR4 reticle has because I find using the far edges of x and y axes somewhat difficult .

Comment

Interesting, I think the .2 reticle scale makes the .1 mil scales kind of unnecessary. I think both are useful. The center dot is still taking some getting used to. I'm planning on shooting some 800-1000 yard targets this weekend, I wonder what that dot will look like at distance .

Comment

Granted I'm not using the .1 mrad subtensions often, it's about the utility of the .1 mrad scale when I do use it. I find using the further ends of the main reticle crosshairs kind of a pain is all.

Comment

Originally posted by smvmarine View Post
                                      Just received mine today I ordered from CS Tac. The hype is real!! I swapped a Kahles SKMR3 for it. I like it much better, I mean every aspect of the Minox is better imho. I was skeptical seeing all the posts here, but I absolutely love this optic.
                                      I would love to hear details that separate the two. Thanks!

Comment

The reason I sent the Kahles back to CS Tactical (they were great about it) was because I was getting fairly severe purple fringing on the edge of many objects. I had to be PERFECTLY centered behind it to not see it. Minox, I can't get any CA at all no matter how hard I try. I wasn't a fan of the center mounted parallax on the Kahles. The contrast on the Kahles was not as good as the Minox, nor was the brightness I feel the Minox is a little brighter. The turrets I liked on the Minox better as well, they are more grippy, and I liked the clicks better they feel more tactile. The elevation knob is more tactile than the windage. The one thing I did like better on the Kahles was the 1st to 2nd rev feeling and the 2nd rev indicator. Plus the Minox comes with Tenebraex Caps. I was skeptical about all the hype I was reading, I felt people were just happy with their new toy. In my eyes all the praise is warranted. I completely happy with it. The Kahles never really gave me the wow factor, but the Minox does.

Comment

Originally posted by smvmarine View Post
                                          The reason I sent the Kahles back to CS Tactical (they were great about it) was because I was getting fairly severe purple fringing on the edge of many objects. I had to be PERFECTLY centered behind it to not see it. Minox, I can't get any CA at all no matter how hard I try. I wasn't a fan of the center mounted parallax on the Kahles. The contrast on the Kahles was not as good as the Minox, nor was the brightness I feel the Minox is a little brighter. The turrets I liked on the Minox better as well, they are more grippy, and I liked the clicks better they feel more tactile. The elevation knob is more tactile than the windage. The one thing I did like better on the Kahles was the 1st to 2nd rev feeling and the 2nd rev indicator. Plus the Minox comes with Tenebraex Caps. I was skeptical about all the hype I was reading, I felt people were just happy with their new toy. In my eyes all the praise is warranted. I completely happy with it. The Kahles never really gave me the wow factor, but the Minox does.

Unfortunately it was one of those rare occasions where there was something off on that scope and was sent back, glad you're happy with the Minox
                                          www.cstactical.com

sales@cstactical.com

Comment

The MR4 is a great reticle, but don't let that deter you from an MR2. I sold my MR4 and now love the MR2. Some guys are selling them for 2k. The MR2 is a refined p4lf. Sure the dot is nice on the MR4 but for the money on the slightly used MR2, it's a no brainer. Minox Is a top tier for sure. Love them.

Comment

Need to thank boys at CS Tactical. Could not ask for a better vendor. Easy transaction, Minox showed up yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by delfuego View Post
                                                Need to thank boys at CS Tactical. Could not ask for a better vendor. Easy transaction, Minox showed up yesterday.

Thank you for your business, we appreciate it!
                                                www.cstactical.com

sales@cstactical.com

Comment

Working...
                                                X