728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex PST Gen II

Anyone have first hand experience behind the new offerings from Vortex. Looking forward to the reviews.
    AMG

• My 5-25 should come in today, should be able to take it out Sunday and stretch it and my 6.5 Creed out to 8-900 yards!

Comment

• Originally posted by AHart76 View Post
      My 5-25 should come in today, should be able to take it out Sunday and stretch it and my 6.5 Creed out to 8-900 yards!

Originally posted by bigjake83 View Post
      Just wanted to say I received my new Gen 2 PST 5-25 yesterday and I am extremely pleased with it, the turrets are awesome smooth and very tactile, and the glass quality is hands-down better than the first gen. I bought this for my father if he decides he does not like it, it will be listed in the rifle scope PX
      BigJake/AHart76, may I ask where you ordered your 5-25x? I've been waiting on optics planet for about a month. looks like they have the 3-15X back in stock. I'm hoping they're saving one of those for me. but they haven't shipped the 3-15X and are waiting on the 5-25X.

I got 2 remington 700s waiting for optics.

Comment

• Give Scott of Liberty Optics a call. He usually carries these.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigjake83 View Post
          I have all 3 of the Vortex Scopes and the only difference I can see between the Gen 2 PST and Gen 1 Razor is the Razor is just a tad brighter..that's it! Probably due to the 35mm tube. IMG_20171025_120141876.jpg

Definitely not worth the extra money and extra weight to buy the Gen 1 Razor over the New Gen 2 PST

~ Gen 1 is just slightly brighter that is it.
          Unless your looking for a lot of elevation - 36+mraid on a Razor HD Gen1 vers only 20 on the PST GenII - that's something that make the Razor Gen1 a standout
          ELR DIY Target Cam tested well past 2000m
          NOTE: images etc do not display correctly in the Tapatalk app

Comment

• Originally posted by lash View Post
            Give Scott of Liberty Optics a call. He usually carries these.
            didn't speak to Scott, but checked out Liberty Optics and don't see any Gen2 PST on their website

Comment

• I do not know that he has them, but your best bet is always to call and see what he does have.

Comment

• Originally posted by DDRH65CM View Post

BigJake/AHart76, may I ask where you ordered your 5-25x? I've been waiting on optics planet for about a month. looks like they have the 3-15X back in stock. I'm hoping they're saving one of those for me. but they haven't shipped the 3-15X and are waiting on the 5-25X.

I got 2 remington 700s waiting for optics.
                I got mine from midway, really wasnít looking for it but was scrolling through midway and saw them in stock and decided I wanted it. Ordered it Thursday of last week. Sold my 6-24 today.

EDIT: I just checked and midway still shows them in stock in Mil and MOA

Comment

• Originally posted by AHart76 View Post

I got mine from midway, really wasnít looking for it but was scrolling through midway and saw them in stock and decided I wanted it. Ordered it Thursday of last week. Sold my 6-24 today.

EDIT: I just checked and midway still shows them in stock in Mil and MOA
                  Thanks! i was able to get Optics Planet to ship my 3-15x44mm. but they're still OOS until mid-Dec for the 5-25x50mm. I may cancel my order of the 5-25x50mm, as long as it doesn't affect my discount. That said, i purchased both as a discounted package. looks like at the total they only discounted the 3-15x44mm

Comment

• Heads up to everyone, Sport Optics has the 5x25 FFP in stock, just ordered one

Comment

• Originally posted by Diver160651 View Post

Unless your looking for a lot of elevation - 36+mraid on a Razor HD Gen1 vers only 20 on the PST GenII - that's something that make the Razor Gen1 a standout
                      My gen 2 PST has 30 mils of elevation travel.

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot07 View Post

My gen 2 PST has 30 mils of elevation travel.
                        That's odd, because Vortex advertises the 3-15X-44 has 22Mils of elevation. 5-25X50mm has 20Mils of elevation. I'm assuming that it's 20mils total? Unless you're adding the Mils on your reticle too?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...eticle/reticle

Comment

• Originally posted by DDRH65CM View Post

That's odd, because Vortex advertises the 3-15X-44 has 22Mils of elevation. 5-25X50mm has 20Mils of elevation. I'm assuming that it's 20mils total? Unless you're adding the Mils on your reticle too?

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/...eticle/reticle
                          That's the minimum they're guaranteed to have. When I bottomed out the zero stop, I measured mine right at 30 mils. From the factory, the zero stop was set just above bottom and it had about 27 mils.

Comment

• My local gun shop had the Gen 2 PST 5-25x50 in stock for $829

Comment

• Originally posted by 6.5-Shooter View Post
                              My local gun shop had the Gen 2 PST 5-25x50 in stock for $829
                              Crazy good price. Surely the SFP at least?

Comment

• Originally posted by patriot07 View Post

Crazy good price. Surely the SFP at least?
                                Yes I like MOA so I went with the SFP.
                                I was amazed at the price.

Comment

• Heck of a deal. Nice pickup!

Comment

• Got my new 5-25x50 FFP in last night. WOW. Just picking it up and looking at things in the distance, it already seems leaps and bounds better than my Gen 1! The turrets feel awesome and a true zero stop is something I have always regretted not having. Canít wait to get it mounted up and shoot some steel!

Comment

• I got to shoot two rifles with the Viper PST Gen 2 6-24 FFP EBR-2C MOA. I was very impressed. We didn't put the turrets to a rigorous test for tracking and repeatability, but the first solution rang the steel at 400 on the first shot from a known 100 zero. The glass was very clear. My only downgrade is the horizontal stadia is pretty thick against a distant target at full magnification.

More equipment shakedown is in order, but I liked it so much that now I want something equivalent in FFP for my latest.

Comment

Working...
                                      X