728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minox MD80 Z spotter

Was just wandering if anyone has any hands on experience behind one.

Thanks

Interested also

Comment

Vaporware.

Comment

Anybody??

Comment

Have been watching it for 3 years in a row on IWA gunshow , initaly the examples they had were SFP , last 2 years they are FFP , but for now it seems spotter is not ready for production and sales.
          Unlike Bushnell it has a great millling reticle and glass looked at least as good as on Leupold Mk.4 , but you can onyl tell so much on a show floor

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.BR View Post
            Have been watching it for 3 years in a row on IWA gunshow , initaly the examples they had were SFP , last 2 years they are FFP , but for now it seems spotter is not ready for production and sales.
            Unlike Bushnell it has a great millling reticle and glass looked at least as good as on Leupold Mk.4 , but you can onyl tell so much on a show floor
            I think we are all thinking about a different model. I mean the non reticle version currentlyavailable at camera land

Comment

Upps Z vs ZR , but in general it looks as the same chinese scope just without the reticle , i wouldn't bother with one for the price its sold

Comment

Really? I thought minox was supposed to be a pretty good product but Iím not very familiar with them though so Iíve just had word of mouth to go on from a couple people. I can get one for $900 new not the $1,400 itís listed for most places. Could you educate me a little? I can get a razor for the same cost to but just wanted to go another rout I guess

Comment

Originally posted by Forrest84 View Post
                  I can get a razor for the same cost to but just wanted to go another rout I guess
                  Speaking of Made in China...

Comment

Minox spotters and binos are all chinese built , riflescopes are a whole different story. But its true now days many spotters and binos sold under many brands are made in china.
                    But in case off MD 60 and 80 which were always meant to be with reticles ,As ZR seems to be eluding completion Z seems like something spun off along the way just ot recoup some $$ invested into ZR and as we are talking 1K$ spotters they wouldn't be my first choice,

Comment

Soooo I said fuck it and picked up the minox and by the looks of it and feel it seems like a stout peice of gear. Only got to test it looking out my apartment porch at lunch out to 300ish or more yards mid day and it had great clarity and focus. Next trip out to the triple c range down in cresson TX on range day Iíll know how good it really is. Iíll try my best to articulate at write up on it once I putt it through some real use. The other guys always have some razors and others out to do Iíll get to compare them directly.

Comment

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Shoo...ZR-test-video/

Comment

Played with it a bit at the range this weekend it was a clear 70 degree day out and windy as hell. So far the image out to 900 yards was incredibly crisp and clear. I wonít shoot a match again till later next month since Iíll miss this weekends match.
                          Ill get to have it up next to some other spotters then and really see the difference but so far Iíve used my duddies vortex razor and I I like the image clarity and sharpness more. Weíll see when weíre in some good heat with mirage still next month.

Comment

Minox spotters and binos are all chinese built , riflescopes are a whole different story. But its true now days many spotters and binos sold under many brands are made in china.
                            But in case off MD 60 and 80 which were always meant to be with reticles ,As ZR seems to be eluding completion Z seems like something spun off along the way just ot recoup some $$ invested into ZR and as we are talking 1K$ spotters they wouldn't be my first choice,
                            The body for the 85mm Zeiss Diascope I've had for 4 years came packaged with a made in China sticker on the box.
                            With the 20-75x eyepiece it's fantastic.
                            Don't discount Chinese manufacturing. Although low labor costs enable the production of ridiculously low priced products when that is the desired price point, they have access to the same machine tools, technology, and education we have here, and are capable of making world class products if that's what the customer specs.
                            Joe

ex meus gelu mortuus manuum

Comment

Thats strange, my Minox Binos clearly say "Made in Germany".

Comment

Used it again today out to 1,000 yards with some good mirage and honestly like it over the vortex razor so far. Iím using it on a humble head as well and love the combo so far especially for easy pan and tilt on a stage with a wide and deep engagement area.

Comment

Working...
                                X