728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Selecting A Spotting Scope For Preseason Deer Scouting

This time of the year I enjoy riding around in the afternoons and checking out the deer on our farms. However, my 10x Swarovski binos aren't cutting it. I need a spotting Scope that I can attach to the truck window. I like nice glass and enjoy my Premier, Razor II and AMG scopes but probably won't be spending more than $500-$600 on this purchase. I have never had a spotting Scope but am strongly favoring a straight one and one without a reticle. This will be used for spotting whitetails from 1000-1500+ yards from the truck. Thanks in advance.

This could work. Also consider the Bushnell Legend T Prism scope (it does have a reticle).

https://www.amazon.com/Vortex-Optics...Cp_36%3A-60000

You could get a RAM mount the will fit on your window to use from the truck
    The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne
    "Do not pray for an easy life, acquire the strength to endure a difficult one" -Bruce Lee

Comment

I'd look for a used Leupold Gold Ring 12-40x60. I've seen a few non HD going in the $600 range. I have one it's nice and compact and is pretty nice glass.
      It will all work out in the end, if it aint all worked out, it aint the end.

Comment

This will work for ya - get the SDLv-2 eyepiece with the 50 or 60 mm body.
        http://www.opticronusa.com/Pages/mm3_50_scope.html

Comment

I would recommend a used Kowa. The TSN-600's can be had in that price range. I just bought a vintage Bushnell Spacemaster 25x60 that was made by Kowa from 1971-1975. I paid less than $100 for it and I read a car license plate with it today at a lasered 694 yds.
          Last edited by Skookum; 07-16-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

A kowa 664 is a good choice. Sometimes people bring some in from Japan for super cheap or look used.

Comment

Thanks fellas. I feel that I got a good deal on a Bushnell Elite off the For Sale boards.

Comment

Working...
              X