728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vortex fury HD range finding binoculars

Any body have more info on these or real world testing yet? Looks like street price is going to be about $1200. I need a new range finder and binoculars, thinking real hard about these when they come available.

Forgot to add this A1CECD87-FA13-49B1-880A-0ACD25858C85.jpeg
    danr/s.texas

Comment

Originally posted by danr View Post
      Good size comparison, cheers.

Comment

These look really interesting and I'm a van of Vortex Viper binos - been using mine for 2 years as a full time/year-round outfitter/guide. But I'd kinda like to see what Sig comes out with. I can't imagine that they don't have a rangefinding bino in the works. I love my Kilo 2000 and I've been saving to upgrade to the 2400. I'm crossing my fingers that maybe Sig will have a marriage between the 2400 and their optics department to deliver a range finding bino at SHOT.

We can always dream, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

does someone has any information about the beam divergence spec?
          i mostly hunt foxes and small varmints in almost flat land and ranging such small target is not really easy.

a comparison between the fury's and the crf 2700 rangefinder would be fantastic..

Comment

I borrowed a set of these from a friend, a few days ago. I will have them for a total of 5 days. So far so good. I've got an 800 yard range in NW Texas, with steel in front of berms every hundred yards. Yesterday morning, with the sun shining in the face of the optic, here is how it ranged:

Ranging steel:
            800 Vortex says 798
            700> 698
            600> 598
            500> 498
            400> 400
            300> 295
            200> 196
            100> 104

Many range finders have lasered my berms, and got exact hundred yard increments. Is the error enough to cause someone to miss center? No. But I would like to (and will) test the laser beyond 1000 yards.

The glass. Man, it really is nice. I've been playing with it overcast, sunny, dusk, from sunlight into shade, from shade>across sunlight>and into shade. I kept glassing last night up to 30 minutes after sunset. Glassing east, I could still clearly make out tree leaves at 380 yards, 17 minutes after sunset. Glassing NW, I could still see details on my entryway and gates from 540 yards away, and it was 20 minutes after sunset. So far, the unit is telling me I need to buy one of my own. Only negative (for some people) it does weigh quite a bit. It doesn't bother me, but could bother others.

I'll report anymore findings.
            9/11/01 NEVER FORGET 343

"The combined synergy of man and rifle is timeless. The steadiness of hand, the acuity of vision, and finally the art of knowing how to make the rifle an extension of the body. All equate to the ultimate synthesis of man and machine." -author unknown

Comment

does someone has some news about it especially concerning their performance on games and varmint?if it works on foxes it would be perfect for my needs!

Comment

Originally posted by bob7-08 View Post
                does someone has some news about it especially concerning their performance on games and varmint?if it works on foxes it would be perfect for my needs!
                When I had one on loan, I ranged several non-reflective objects, usually tree canopy, and tree trunks. The farthest I ranged with it was a juniper, across a plowed field at 1050 yards. My inclination is that it is a pretty capable laser. The ranging box that comes up is significantly smaller than the ring in a Swaro laser guide, that I am accustomed to. I coyote hunt on a weekly basis, and belive the laser would do a good job for that.
                9/11/01 NEVER FORGET 343

"The combined synergy of man and rifle is timeless. The steadiness of hand, the acuity of vision, and finally the art of knowing how to make the rifle an extension of the body. All equate to the ultimate synthesis of man and machine." -author unknown

Comment

Good input, thank you. Iím gonna head to Cabelaís and get a look at them. Iím in need of a RF and I go and forth on 2 units vs a combo like these.

Comment

thank you garvey!i have to make a choice between the vortex and the crf 2700,not an easy choice!

Comment

Originally posted by bob7-08 View Post
                      thank you garvey!i have to make a choice between the vortex and the crf 2700,not an easy choice!
                      Did you make a decision yet? I cant decide between the two either.

Comment

i think i will order a crf 2700 because i ve a crf 1200 for a few years and never had any issue with it and my leica dealer is a fantastic man to deal with!
                        it would have been different if i could have tried a fury set especially on varmints but considering i'm in Europe it won't happened!

Comment

This is high on my xmas list this year

Comment

Working...
                          X