Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sig 2000 should I be scarred

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sig 2000 should I be scarred

    Shooting trees and houses the furthest I've got it range is 1100. Seems to send back less than 1000 very easy wich is good since I won't shoot anywhere near that.
    I did set it it on solid surface thinking it might need to be supportedone to get ready backs passed 1000.

    I do realy like it. Actually is pretty good crist image for cheap optic.


  • #2
    I'd return it or send it in for warranty. It should give you hits out past 2,000. Mine did when I first got it. But now it's struggling hard. These things seem to be dropping like flies now. Hopefully the 2200 works better...

    Comment


    • #3
      Shit

      Comment


      • #4
        What do you mean by "they are dropping like flies"?
        Sling Shooter

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by lte82 View Post
          What do you mean by "they are dropping like flies"?
          That lots of folks have been sending them back for replacement under warranty!
          pell1203

          Comment


          • #6
            I was going to buy one of these but now I'm pretty hesitant.
            2015 AI AX308
            24" Bartlein 6.5 Creed w/ lil bastard
            S&B PMII 5-25x56 H59
            Spuhr 4002
            Atlas

            Comment


            • #7
              We have one that is used almost weekly, and it hasn't had any issues with it.

              Comment


              • #8
                e
                Originally posted by pell1203 View Post

                That lots of folks have been sending them back for replacement under warranty!
                Please provide links or threads were folks are having issues. I have 2 and they both work perfect as well as everyone that we run with that has them has never complained, todate
                Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying,...but,....Which Ever You Choose, Make A Difference,....
                Sometimes doing the right thing is the wrong thing to many, but once you become a felon by your hand or theirs, be the best you can be.
                Mother nature culls the weak an ill, mentally or otherwise. Man is doomed because he believes he smarter than mother nature by allowing the weak an ill to breed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  We have one and it has worked great for us. Generally reads to within a yard or so of my Radius. I wish I had the 2400 though, every little bit helps.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gunfighter14e2 View Post
                    e

                    Please provide links or threads were folks are having issues. I have 2 and they both work perfect as well as everyone that we run with that has them has never complained, todate
                    Gunfighter, I don't own one and was just translating what earlier comment by previous poster most likely meant for the benefit of Ite82. I don't have a dog in this fight and am perfectly happy with my Leica 1600B!

                    However, to fully address your request, I'd direct you to the Equipment and Observation Devices sections on the Scout version of the Hide. The following thread in particular stuck out:

                    Sig Kilo 2000 problems???

                    There are other threads out there as well if you care to look. Regardless, I am glad you are happy with both of yours! I suspect most buyers are happy with theirs as well!
                    pell1203

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yeah, do your own research. I'm not interested in a fight. Just because you have one that works doesn't negate the fact that other people have ones that do not. Be happy you have a good one. But don't try to diminish someone else's problem. There are plenty of examples on the Scout Hide of people encountering problems. It's not an epidemic or anything. But the 2000 is no more, anyway. So what does it matter. Hopefully the 2200 and 2400 perform better.
                      Last edited by FourT6and2; 02-18-2017, 07:20 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        For the money, the Kilo is still a hell of a tool. There has been a handful of times I couldn't get good readings but it was usually due to environmental conditions. I've been able to hit targets at 2000 yards and beyond in all different kinds of light. The furthest I have got a reading was 2495yds as thats the longest distance I have been able to back up and laze a vehicle. Still, thats impressive to me for $400.

                        If there truly is a problem with the Kilo2000 dropping in performace over time, I'm sure Sig will look into that before releasing newer models and repair the existing ones. It does suck that it can take 6 weeks though.
                        When you need it, and dont have it, you sing a different tune.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I bought one brand new last April. Wouldn't Range anything past 300 right out of the box. Sent it back to Sig and they replaced it, or fixed it. Not really sure but it came back in brand new box and rapper so thing they just replaced it. Seems to work fine now.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Never start an argument with a man who can end you from another zip code"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sorry to hear about your unit going south on you. Bought mine in Dec 2015 and it has performed great ever since. It ranges to 2,000 better than I need it to. Please post up what happens with Sig.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I don't have a dog in the hunt, but in the recently departed Scout Hide, there did seem to be more and more issues reported with them. The flip side is, other fellas we're getting along fine with theirs. YMMV. Seems hit or miss. It either works great, or it ranges targets at 450 yards...maybe.
                              Universal means it don't fit nothin'.

                              Sometimes free ain't cheap enough.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                I live out west in idaho I can range ass far as I want. I'm not going to give up on it since uts range ing to 900-1000 on most targets but that's about it and I think I'm fine with that since I can't shoot that far. I do know I can't get it range trees passed that. I did get parked car slightly farther.

                                I am thinking about getting a new battery just to see if that changes anything. But as it it works for me but most certainly isn't the ranging to sig specs even on reflective targets.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I was thinking of giving a kilo 2k. You guys scared me. Should I pick up a Leupold tx-1200i or something? 1000 yard will be my longest shot for a while.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Just got a 1700yd return on shiny car

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      New batteries are always a good thing if your distance readings begin to fall off, even if the indicator shows full charge on many RF's. Also keeping the laser return glass clean can be helpful as well.

                                      I am currently testing the 2400 vs my PLRF15. Pretty impressed thus far for a hunting device,

                                      If it were me I would hold off on the 2000 and buy the 2200, better laser, smaller reticle and beam divergence.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by Evan03 View Post
                                        Shooting trees and houses the furthest I've got it range is 1100. Seems to send back less than 1000 very easy wich is good since I won't shoot anywhere near that.
                                        I did set it it on solid surface thinking it might need to be supportedone to get ready backs passed 1000.

                                        I do realy like it. Actually is pretty good crist image for cheap optic.

                                        I have a 77 in 257 Roberts that I love what is yours.
                                        surgeon scapel 308 22" A5
                                        Winchester 70 308 20" A5

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          My 2000 is brand new with clean glass. Took it out for first time today. Ranged a rock at 400 cranked my dials smacked it dead center with crystal watching. Picked out the next Rock crystal ranged it at 638. I smacked it to. I was veryoung stocked. Looking to go further with points hit as far as!we wanted. Crystal says it don't say anything. I'm like what. I grab it I to can't get a reading.

                                          then later a Feild full of cattle 200 to 2000yds supported off the hood of the jeep I could not get a return passed 750.

                                          I bought it at cabelas still have receipt. Going to see if they'll swap it out for a new one. Not that this one's used. . Hoping to not be without it for 6 weeks

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Ohh Mines 2506 pushing 115vlds.

                                            This crystal telling me it won't range the next target I picked out

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              I agree that the 2200 would be better and improved, but it is out of stock everywhere, and it is around $449. The 2000 is $350 at Cabelas.

                                              tough call... I was ready to pull the trigger for the 2000 until I saw the problems people are reporting. To me the 2000 is more than enough if it works.

                                              Originally posted by DetroitRearView View Post
                                              New batteries are always a good thing if your distance readings begin to fall off, even if the indicator shows full charge on many RF's. Also keeping the laser return glass clean can be helpful as well.

                                              I am currently testing the 2400 vs my PLRF15. Pretty impressed thus far for a hunting device,

                                              If it were me I would hold off on the 2000 and buy the 2200, better laser, smaller reticle and beam divergence.
                                              Last edited by ironsight1000yard; 02-19-2017, 11:20 PM.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                The size/type of target matters. I've ranged cars and reflective buildings at a mile with a 2000 but if you're trying for trees, hillsides, steel targets you won't get the same results. That's not the LRFs fault that's just some targets are more reflective and easier to range than others. A car is big, steel target not so much. Glass and metal are very reflective, grass on a hill less so.

                                                AccuracyTech - Articles & Reviews for the Precision Shooter

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by LawnMM View Post
                                                  The size/type of target matters. I've ranged cars and reflective buildings at a mile with a 2000 but if you're trying for trees, hillsides, steel targets you won't get the same results. That's not the LRFs fault that's just some targets are more reflective and easier to range than others. A car is big, steel target not so much. Glass and metal are very reflective, grass on a hill less so.
                                                  Yeah, well on Scout you had "experts" claiming they could range 1 MOA steel targets at 1,000 yards. Complete and utter BS. My 2000 can't range cows at 600. And there's no way you're gonna hit a 10-inch target at 1,000 yards with a beam that's 50" in diameter.

                                                  Comment

                                                  Working...
                                                  X