Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illuminator for Co-LR

Hey there-
    Im looking to upgrade the Illuminator on my CO-LR Gen2+, is there one that will be an improvement on the Armasight one?
    Thanks for any help
    Wade

The TNVC Torch is going to be about the same as the Armasight illuminator. The next up in intensity will be the Steiner SPIR or DBAL-D2. After that I think you are going to get into the restricted stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jakhamr81 View Post
      The TNVC Torch is going to be about the same as the Armasight illuminator. The next up in intensity will be the Steiner SPIR or DBAL-D2. After that I think you are going to get into the restricted stuff.
      Is it worth getting into one of those or just better to get nicer NV?

Comment

It depends on what you want to shoot and at what distances. Under about 1/4-1/2 moon conditions I can engage out to about 300 with the aid of my Dbal-D2 which would be the same illuminator as the SPIR. With a brighter moon I can engage out further.

Comment

Originally posted by jakhamr81 View Post
          It depends on what you want to shoot and at what distances. Under about 1/4-1/2 moon conditions I can engage out to about 300 with the aid of my Dbal-D2 which would be the same illuminator as the SPIR. With a brighter moon I can engage out further.
          Id like to shoot coons and coyotes out as far as possible. I can hit steel out to 600 but its pretty fuzzy.

Comment

I suppose that would depend largely on the shade of the terrain and illumination conditions. Some evenings you may be limited to less than 200 while others you may be able to reach out a further. Even with a Gen 3 tube there are times when you need an illuminator.

Comment

Get a PEQ2 or similar.

Comment

Working...
              X