728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAC-Refurbished AN/PVS-30 from USNV

Bringing this over from the old SH. Let me know if linking to the old site is bad or verboten.

http://www.scout.com/military/sniper...v?s=541&page=1

Got mine yesterday and it had a FOM of 1981 which is a bit on the above average side of what others have been getting.

Messed around and clipped it on when it got dark onto a Mk12Mod1 with the Nightforce 2.5-10x24 on it and with just ambient light, I was looking at a house that's up on a hill away from me at around 700 yards clear as it would be during daytime. Zero distortion, zero lack of focus.

Wanted to see how the 10x would be as a baseline and was going to try up to 25x tonight, but overall I'm very impressed. Comparing it to an Armasite Co-X that refused to turn on and when it did it would shudder like a bad old TV after 5-6 uses until it just outright died, the 30 shows you what real equipment looks and feels like.
    10. Panzerdivision - 23. Gebirgsjäger 'Bayern'
    Hammelburg 1999
    {KFOR} Veteran 1999 - 2001

Originally posted by TheGerman View Post
    I can see all of you in the dark.
    Only the ones who don't know how to hide from NV. Find some thermal and and you will see there is no place to HIDE. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Night Assassin View Post

Only the ones who don't know how to hide from NV. Find some thermal and and you will see there is no place to HIDE. LOL
      From my experience, if you shoot the ones you can see through NV, the ones hiding usually start running around.
      10. Panzerdivision - 23. Gebirgsjäger 'Bayern'
      Hammelburg 1999
      {KFOR} Veteran 1999 - 2001

Comment

Finally got mine in the mail last night, looks new and fom 199X. I cant tell if its a 0, 3 or maybe an 8 or 9 for the last number. Hope it warms up quick.

Comment

My FOM looks to be 2041 but the exterior looks like it flopped around in a dumptruck for a month or two... Will get it out to the range and see what we see...

Comment

Got to run mine over the weekend, used it on my Tikka CTR in a KRG chassis and a AMG scope as well as my MK12 Mod 0 w/ the NF 2.5-10X32. The NF setup shifted my POI down 2-3 inches but the 6.5creedmore was spot on. I did have to move my NF scope back to accept the NV so that is probably the reason for the shift. Other than being heavy as hell its a great tool, hoping to be able to find a place to use it this summer. My old Marine roomate has property access in OK (5000 acres) so it should be fun.

Comment

Just received mine today. Just played with it in the back yard. I'm very impressed. Get it to the range Sunday evening.

Comment

Working...
              X