728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAC-Refurbished AN/PVS-30 from USNV

Bringing this over from the old SH. Let me know if linking to the old site is bad or verboten.

http://www.scout.com/military/sniper...v?s=541&page=1

Got mine yesterday and it had a FOM of 1981 which is a bit on the above average side of what others have been getting.

Messed around and clipped it on when it got dark onto a Mk12Mod1 with the Nightforce 2.5-10x24 on it and with just ambient light, I was looking at a house that's up on a hill away from me at around 700 yards clear as it would be during daytime. Zero distortion, zero lack of focus.

Wanted to see how the 10x would be as a baseline and was going to try up to 25x tonight, but overall I'm very impressed. Comparing it to an Armasite Co-X that refused to turn on and when it did it would shudder like a bad old TV after 5-6 uses until it just outright died, the 30 shows you what real equipment looks and feels like.
    10. Panzerdivision - 23. Gebirgsjäger 'Bayern'
    Hammelburg 1999
    {KFOR} Veteran 1999 - 2001
    TF 51/236 Afghanistan

MRAD Masterrace
    Chairman, 'Go Be Poor Somewhere Else' Society

Originally posted by Night Assassin View Post

Try it with a decent Ir and you will see a night and day difference, at least i think so. Happy hunting.
    Well, then. . Just tried it in front of my NF 2.5-10 X32. OK; pretty nice, pretty impressive. Added the IR illuminator - like the new Lady Antebellum song - " you look good". Very nice.

Thanks, EP & NA.

Now, lets go find some stuff to shoot................

Comment

Comment

Hope to see mine this week, I have 3 rifles to use it on but looking forward to seeing it with the little NF 2.5-10X32. Just so happened I was called about the AMG and paid for that as well. Now I need to con someone in TX to let me try it out on a hog infested property. Not much to see out here in NM but I will take her out once it warms up later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by MSTN View Post

Ummm that's fuckin sexy

Comment

doing my taxes now...might have to start up a new company this year to write a few of these off..

Comment

Originally posted by MSTN View Post

Read whats printed on the front of that objective cap
              Hammelburg 1999
              TF 51/236 Afghanistan

MRAD Masterrace

Comment

Originally posted by TheGerman View Post

Read whats printed on the front of that objective cap
                Lol I was waiting for someone to mention that.

Comment

Lol I was waiting for someone to mention that.
                  Ouch!! That might leave a mark ( literally ).

Comment

Isn't gonna hurt anything for a couple pics if it's not powered on boys.

Comment

Anyone care to explain the last 4 posts for a member of the unwashed masses who doesn't own one... yet?
                      "For I myself am a man under authority, with men under me. I tell this one, 'Go,' and he goes; and that one, 'Come,' and he comes. I say to my servant, 'Do this,' and he does it." Mat 8:9 [emphasis added]

Comment

Originally posted by plong View Post
                        Anyone care to explain the last 4 posts for a member of the unwashed masses who doesn't own one... yet?
                        They think there's harm being done to the tube in the clip on because he has the lens cap open in the daylight with the unit powered down.

Comment

Originally posted by Killswitch Engage View Post

They think there's harm being done to the tube in the clip on because he has the lens cap open in the daylight with the unit powered down.
                          Yup just reading whats on the "box". The front objective cover clearly states Don't remove in daylight. But as KSE said there is not harm done with unit off, just something i try to avoid doing

Comment

Yup just reading whats on the "box". The front objective cover clearly states Don't remove in daylight. But as KSE said there is not harm done with unit off, just something i try to avoid doing
                            its like putting "do not drink" on a bottle of bleach. its common sense not to open the filter with the unit on in daylight but alas these are issued to grunts so you have to spell it out

Comment

its like putting "do not drink" on a bottle of bleach. its common sense not to open the filter with the unit on in daylight but alas these are issued to grunts so you have to spell it out
                              I hear yah KSE, I'm just a rookie being overly cautious.

Comment

no harm in being cautious when it comes to that kind of money. Can you post the dealer and cost

thx

I did not contact lowlight but my post count between the old board and here should be about 500.

Comment

There's a handful of dealers that are selling these units. Guys have gotten them from most of them but here's a few

Prices vary

Sureshot nightvision aka surgeonshooter
                                  readymade resources
                                  us nightvision

Comment

Received mine yesterday and will have a week or so until I get it out to play. Short term plan is to use my Radius along with Luna for laser and illumination respectively. Welcome to other ideas of course...

Comment

Not seeing the FOM... Where is it exactly? My serial number looks to be on the bottom of the AA battery housing. There is no serial number on the top plate.

Comment

Originally posted by texas_vet00 View Post
                                        Not seeing the FOM... Where is it exactly? My serial number looks to be on the bottom of the AA battery housing. There is no serial number on the top plate.

texas here is where to find it it is the 1894 on mine

Comment

Thank you - Will look there... I feel like an idiot as I have looked all over this thing like seven times both before and after beers and still couldn't find the damn thing and it was right there the entire time! I am educated folks I promise...

Comment

I need one of these bad.
                                            semper fi Roll Tide
                                            aka KlownPuncher
                                            member since 2013

Comment

There's a handful of dealers that are selling these units. Guys have gotten them from most of them but here's a few

Prices vary

Sureshot nightvision aka surgeonshooter
                                              readymade resources
                                              us nightvision
                                              Thx for the plug pal!

sold a beautiful one today with 1750 FOM for $4850 shipped
                                              piiieeeyyyooowwwwwww!!!

Comment

Mine works just fine at 12X.

Comment

I ordered mine on the 15th and still waiting for a tracking number. I got mine from usnv, almost sounded like they order them from KAC but and not in stock.

Comment

I can see all of you in the dark.
                                                    Hammelburg 1999
                                                    TF 51/236 Afghanistan

MRAD Masterrace

Comment

Working...
                                                    X