728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KAC-Refurbished AN/PVS-30 from USNV

Bringing this over from the old SH. Let me know if linking to the old site is bad or verboten.

http://www.scout.com/military/sniper...v?s=541&page=1

Got mine yesterday and it had a FOM of 1981 which is a bit on the above average side of what others have been getting.

Messed around and clipped it on when it got dark onto a Mk12Mod1 with the Nightforce 2.5-10x24 on it and with just ambient light, I was looking at a house that's up on a hill away from me at around 700 yards clear as it would be during daytime. Zero distortion, zero lack of focus.

Wanted to see how the 10x would be as a baseline and was going to try up to 25x tonight, but overall I'm very impressed. Comparing it to an Armasite Co-X that refused to turn on and when it did it would shudder like a bad old TV after 5-6 uses until it just outright died, the 30 shows you what real equipment looks and feels like.
    10. Panzerdivision - 23. Gebirgsjäger 'Bayern'
    Hammelburg 1999
    {KFOR} Veteran 1999 - 2001
    TF 51/236 Afghanistan

MRAD Masterrace
    Chairman, 'Go Be Poor Somewhere Else' Society

Mine has flat impressed me so far. The image is fantastic

Comment

I'd love to jump on one of these but I just can't swing the coin this year.
      2015 AI AX308
      24" Bartlein 6.5 Creed w/ lil bastard
      S&B PMII 5-25x56 H59
      Spuhr 4002
      Atlas

Comment

Puttin in work...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice work KSE glad to see you posting here!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Night Assassin View Post
              Nice work KSE glad to see you posting here!
              been around here for years brother... glad its back to the old hide again.

Comment

Are these limited to 8X magnification for a clear picture? I used the aircrew googles for a few years but never a clipon sight but I do have the same S&B above and a MK12 with a NF 2.5X10 that should work pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by 6172crew! View Post
                  Are these limited to 8X magnification for a clear picture? I used the aircrew googles for a few years but never a clipon sight but I do have the same S&B above and a MK12 with a NF 2.5X10 that should work pretty good.
                  I looked threw one this weekend on 12x at 300 and 400yrds and it was stupid clear. wish i had that unit....
                  "That the people have a Right to MASS and to bear arms; that a well regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State..."
                  - George Mason

"To achieve victory we must mass our forces at the hub of all power & movement. The enemy's 'Center of Gravity'"
                  - Carl von Clausewitz

Comment

I'm going home and doing taxes tonight, pretty sure I should be ok to pick one of these up. First kid on my block

Comment

Originally posted by 6172crew! View Post
                      Oh no. I put it on a Mk12Mod1 with the 2.5-10x24 on it and it was just like daytime, but green. Zero loss of clarity or focus, zero distortion.

I was looking at a house at 700 yards away from me with it, and I could make out every detail that you'd see during the day.
                      10. Panzerdivision - 23. Gebirgsjäger 'Bayern'
                      Hammelburg 1999
                      {KFOR} Veteran 1999 - 2001
                      TF 51/236 Afghanistan

MRAD Masterrace
                      Chairman, 'Go Be Poor Somewhere Else' Society

Comment

As others have said it is useable in the higher magnification range, I find the sweet spot is 8-12X.

Comment

My pvs22 is nice and the pvs27 was on my someday later list. But at the price of these refurb. units I'm fighting the urge to pawn half the shit in my house for one.
                          Talk about dangling a ribeye in front of a pit bull. The will powers are becoming weak.

Comment

Originally posted by SingleShot85 View Post

I looked threw one this weekend on 12x at 300 and 400yrds and it was stupid clear. wish i had that unit....
                            Is that you, Taylor? That was a lot of fun on the tower. Hits were stupid easy out to 500 on steel.
                            Doc
                            Actively Fighting Darwinism 24-7

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey 2-1 View Post

Is that you, Taylor? That was a lot of fun on the tower. Hits were stupid easy out to 500 on steel.
                              Doc
                              roger that
                              "That the people have a Right to MASS and to bear arms; that a well regulated militia composed of the Body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper natural and safe defense of a free State..."
                              - George Mason

"To achieve victory we must mass our forces at the hub of all power & movement. The enemy's 'Center of Gravity'"
                              - Carl von Clausewitz

Comment

Anyone have contact info for SurgeonShooter from the Scout Hide site? Is he Surgeon_Shooter here back on the old site?

Comment

Originally posted by texas_vet00 View Post
                                  Anyone have contact info for SurgeonShooter from the Scout Hide site? Is he Surgeon_Shooter here back on the old site?
                                  PM me

Comment

Originally posted by texas_vet00 View Post
                                    Pm sent sir! I had no idea the old site was back, YAY!!
                                    piiieeeyyyooowwwwwww!!!

Comment

Where do you guys see the FOM? I got one of the A grade refurbs and I don't see a marking anywhere on the unit with a FOM.

I was very confused at first, when the site looked different from just a few days(weeks) ago.

Comment

It's engraved into the top plate above the serial number

Comment

Got mine today. Paid for the A+ / Like new upgrade. It looks OK, but not "as new". FOM is 1779 . Looking through it, so far, I am ............underwhelmed. My TNVC PVS14 looks sharper.

I'll take it out tonight and see how it does. Stay tuned...........

Comment

Originally posted by sgtsmmiii View Post
                                            Got mine today. Paid for the A+ / Like new upgrade. It looks OK, but not "as new". FOM is 1779 . Looking through it, so far, I am ............underwhelmed. My TNVC PVS14 looks sharper.

I'll take it out tonight and see how it does. Stay tuned...........
                                            Their "as new" is classified by KAC as "better than average", I know I've already questioned that myself. As for performance, you won't know until the lights are out! I could be wrong but I think your disappointment will go away........
                                            "Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight," Psalms 144:1

Comment

I find that I'm always using my IR illuminator because where I live in the winter months it's usually cloudy. No moon to help. Those who are not happy with the performance are you using an illuminator ?

Comment

Originally posted by EXTREMEPREJUDICE View Post

Their "as new" is classified by KAC as "better than average", I know I've already questioned that myself. As for performance, you won't know until the lights are out! I could be wrong but I think your disappointment will go away........
                                                Thanks, EP. Hope so. Waiting to pass final judgment once I get it in front of my Nightforce. I did test it in my shop building when it arrived ( = to nighttime dark ). I try not to be too hyper-critical - it is a tank, and it was priced right, so.........however, my TNVC PVS14 seemed noticeably crisper side by side.

"I find that I'm always using my IR illuminator because where I live in the winter months it's usually cloudy. No moon to help. Those who are not happy with the performance are you using an illuminator ?"

Did not try it with an IR illuminator - most of my night time hunts don't need it until I try a shot at an extended range. I'll see how that goes.

I am pretty happy with it for the cost / performance aspect - guess I was just expecting a little more under the Christmas tree .

Thanks, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by sgtsmmiii View Post

Thanks, EP. Hope so. Waiting to pass final judgment once I get it in front of my Nightforce. I did test it in my shop building when it arrived ( = to nighttime dark ). I try not to be too hyper-critical - it is a tank, and it was priced right, so.........however, my TNVC PVS14 seemed noticeably crisper side by side.

"I find that I'm always using my IR illuminator because where I live in the winter months it's usually cloudy. No moon to help. Those who are not happy with the performance are you using an illuminator ?"

Did not try it with an IR illuminator - most of my night time hunts don't need it until I try a shot at an extended range. I'll see how that goes.

I am pretty happy with it for the cost / performance aspect - guess I was just expecting a little more under the Christmas tree .

Thanks, guys.
                                                  Try it with a decent Ir and you will see a night and day difference, at least i think so. Happy hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X