Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooo are we going to talk about the 700 PCR?

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo are we going to talk about the 700 PCR?

Priced competitively under the RPR, sub-MOA guarantee, and available in .260.

Hopefully Remington pulled their head out of their ass for this one. I will say, anyone else triggered by the fact they claim it is "silencer" ready?
    Ya gotta love it...

Originally posted by PS-G1_Sniper View Post
    If you think the 700 5R wont shoot sub MOA, even sub 1/2 MOA - you're focusing too much on marketing brochures.
    Never said that it would or wouldn't. OP stated that the PCR was shipping with an accuracy guarantee, which it does not.

Comment

Actually looks like a pretty decent rifle. Did I miss what magazines the chassis is designed to use? AICS? I think what Remington has in their favor on this rifle, assuming it shoots well, is the upgradability it gives the shooter. There are so many parts available for the R700. I can see this rifle in direct competition with the Ruger Precision Rifle, which has turned out to be a very accurate gun out of the box. The Remington would give the end user a lot more upgrade options in the future, if they so desired.

Comment

Originally posted by dirthead1 View Post
        Actually looks like a pretty decent rifle. Did I miss what magazines the chassis is designed to use? AICS? I think what Remington has in their favor on this rifle, assuming it shoots well, is the upgradability it gives the shooter. There are so many parts available for the R700. I can see this rifle in direct competition with the Ruger Precision Rifle, which has turned out to be a very accurate gun out of the box. The Remington would give the end user a lot more upgrade options in the future, if they so desired.
        Ships with Magpul AICS

Comment

Originally posted by trob_205 View Post
          $1199 MSRP according to a Facebook post from Remington. Still trying to find twist rates.
          Their web site says:

260 - 1:8
          6.5CM - 1:8
          308 - 1:10

Seems like a pretty good deal to me. One thing I didn't care for with the Ruger Precision Rifle was that 20" was the only barrel length offered for .308. Same for the Winchester XPC. I prefer 24", and all 3 of the Remington PCR's are 24". And the 1:10 twist in .308 is also just what I want.

But unfortunately, it's still the X-Mark trigger, so it's probably not good to go out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by fxdrider View Post
            But unfortunately, it's still the X-Mark trigger, so it's probably not good to go out of the box.
            The fact that Remington hasn't signed a deal with Timney to offer them factory in all their 700 rifles is a testament to how out of touch their management is.

Comment

Working...
            X