Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sooo are we going to talk about the 700 PCR?

Collapse

728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sooo are we going to talk about the 700 PCR?

Priced competitively under the RPR, sub-MOA guarantee, and available in .260.

Hopefully Remington pulled their head out of their ass for this one. I will say, anyone else triggered by the fact they claim it is "silencer" ready?
    Ya gotta love it...

Wow, almost looks like they realized how far behind they were, seeing as how even Winchester has a chassis rifle. What are the chambering options? Edit: just looked, 6.5CM, 260 and 308. Not a bad start, could use a 6mm and 223 option but only if they use decent twist rates.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 01-12-2018, 06:15 PM.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU9...A6rzqrXxp8eqwQ

Comment

Itís still a Remington 700. Iím unimpressed. It doesnít look compatible with any hand guard other than the one it comes with. Definitely going after the tikka and RPR. WTF makes it silenced ready? A threaded barrel? SMFH. Marketing will say anything to make it tacticooler.
      The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne
      "Do not pray for an easy life, acquire the strength to endure a difficult one" -Bruce Lee

Comment

If it had a .223 version I might be interested more. Also they better have made it accept AR handguards and a barrel nut system. I doubt it though.

Comment

The rifle comes with a "3-shot sub-MOA assurance," not a sub-MOA guarantee.
          Gonna be heavy in the ass with the PRS stock but otherwise looks perfectly serviceable.

Comment

Originally posted by Kadams1563 View Post
            If it had a .223 version I might be interested more. Also they better have made it accept AR handguards and a barrel nut system. I doubt it though.
            They arenít gonna offer a bunch of calibers out of thevgate. Took Ruger 2 years to offer 223 as well. You could probably make it 223 pretty easily with a new bolt and barrel.
            "Do not pray for an easy life, acquire the strength to endure a difficult one" -Bruce Lee

Comment

Don't understand why they went Keymod when it seems MLok is the emerging preference for accessory attachment.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalDillhole View Post

They arenít gonna offer a bunch of calibers out of thevgate. Took Ruger 2 years to offer 223 as well. You could probably make it 223 pretty easily with a new bolt and barrel.
                Ruger has discontinued the 223 RPR for 2018.
                My Savage 110 long action 223AI

223AI/90gr Berger VLD

"Everybody says 'buy once Cry once' then tells a guy to start on a 308?" - Jon Lester

Comment

Originally posted by j741 View Post
                  Don't understand why they went Keymod when it seems MLok is the emerging preference for accessory attachment.
                  Especially when all the furniture is basically magpul.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
                    even Winchester has a chassis rifle.
                    I'd be more interested in a review of the Winchester XPC than that of a re-hashed 700, actually

Comment

Originally posted by kl3309 View Post
                      Exactly the same as Tikka's "sub-MOA guarantee", no?

Comment

I am not knocking the 700 I have a few that are great shooters, but I feel like the only thing thats going to make Remington "desired or cool again" for lack of a better way to put it is to just start from the ground up with a totally new action. Not that the 700 can't be great its just every time they put their 56 year old baby in a new prom dress most people say "yeah well its just the same old 700"

Comment

I bet they drop the ball by having poor twist rates! It seems like Remington does it all to often,
                          "A Shootistís Prayer"

Guns are good;
                          Guns are great;
                          Please Lord help those who us hate.
                          Give us this day our daily lead,
                          and hunting land weíll call a spread.
                          If I should die here on this day,
                          I pray for guns in Heaven with which to play.

Amen,

Comment

Originally posted by BoilerUP

Ruger has discontinued the 223 RPR for 2018.
                            Really!?!?!
                            Nuts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If they redid their bolt action line based on the MSR action they may have something... But rehashing the 700 as usual... Meh
                              7SHTR - Velocity is the Beginning, but Accuracy is the End.

Comment

It sure looks a hell of a lot better. I like the PRS stock alot. Still don't really trust the QC of Remingtons barrels and actions. I want to like Remington, they have some cool guns but they definitely have that Freedom group/giant corporation vibe, it shows in their products. At this point unless I find a screaming deal on one, I won't be buying any remingtons.

Comment

Originally posted by spartan67 View Post
                                  I bet they drop the ball by having poor twist rates! It seems like Remington does it all to often,
                                  5R twist rates are nothing new...

308 - 1:11.25
                                  260 - 1:8
                                  6.5CM - 1:8

Comment

I've bashed on Remington plenty, but it seems like a good decision from their part. Contracting out a chassis and putting an existing barreled action in is not particularly difficult for them. If nothing else, it's a step in the right direction without having to allocate a lot of design resources.

On another note, I saw the new Ashbury 700 today at Cabela's. That had to be the ugliest 700 I've ever seen. I would take the PCR over that any day of the week. All it was was a 700 barreled action (probably the same as PCR) dropped into an ass ugly ashbury stock.

Comment

Originally posted by DarinC View Post

Really!?!?!
                                      Nuts

My thoughts exactly. Why the hell they do that???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

$1199 MSRP according to a Facebook post from Remington. Still trying to find twist rates.

Comment

I kinda like it. Call me crazy, but for Remington, itís definitely a step in the right direction. I think it has some solid things going for it. I have the MagPul PSR on my GAP-10, and I love it. I can see this giving the Ruger a run for its money. Time will tell, but I donít hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by kl3309 View Post
                                            Gonna be heavy in the ass with the PRS stock but otherwise looks perfectly serviceable.
                                            I'm not 700 fanboy, but this is basically a 700 5R in a chassis. If you think the 700 5R wont shoot sub MOA, even sub 1/2 MOA - you're focusing too much on marketing brochures.

Comment

Large companies, especially old ones, are slow on change.

At least they are trying even though it clearly isnít for everyone.

BTW, they state in the literature that they make the chassis.

Remington will get a lot of negative criticism regarding this rifle.

There are folks out there that would complain if you gave them $100 for free because it isnít $101.

Comment

My only complaint about Bug green is they havenít changed in god knows how long. It s just the same 700 action with a different look. Not that itís a bad action cause itís not and with a little after factory care itís a great action. But there are others out there that are more innovative. 3 lug systems, 70 degree throw etc etc. just more robust and definitely with a lot more care and attention to detail, even in base rifles that are relatively inexpensive. Basically this is like the Glock gen 5. Itís basically a gen 4 with no finger grooves and and an ambi slide stop. I hardly call that innovation since almost all other manufacturers have ambi controls already. Thatís why Iím unimpressed. Itís just the same old thing.

Comment

Took them long enough. Their PSR offering before cost even more than an AI. I don't think so. It might be too late for them. The competition is very stiff in this bracket. New precision shooters are really lucky given the explosive growth of offerings in this category.
                                                  Alex Tham
                                                  Director
                                                  American Marksman Training Group, INC
                                                  Visit Our Shooting Supplies Store
                                                  Visit Our Facebook Page
                                                  cs@amtraininggroup.com

Comment

Working...
                                                  X