728 Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Fix from Q

There was a thread on Scout so I wanted to carry this over. Anymore feed back on this rifle. I've heard very little and frankly the Q isn't selling me on it. It does intrigue me though and seems very innovative.

• Originally posted by -Time- View Post

It was a typo in my post that he’s making a big deal about. I guess he’s just in a pissy mood.
    Asking why we need 3" is a pissy mood? Seriously? Had a similar conversation with a millennial today ...

Comment

• Originally posted by craigos View Post

Asking why we need 3" is a pissy mood? Seriously? Had a similar conversation with a millennial today ...
      Think he was referring to me, not really pissy as I'am constantly amazed by people not comprehending what they read.

Comment

I was referring to cj, sorry I should’ve made that more clear.

Comment

Well said Dave - my Q is made very well, shoots accurately - it will become (next to my GA Precision 6.5 SAUM) another rifle in the hunting arsenal - fun as shit to shoot. Very pleased with it for what it was intended as. Good news , got some 130 ELDM and loaded them up at 2.79 (SR25 max length) and they feed great. Will be heading out to the range on Black Friday to put more rounds down her.
          Thanks for the review, craigos. Best I can tell, noone ever planned for the Fix to become a go to PRS rifle. If you look at it from that standpoint, the choice of magazines makes a lot of sense, as does the bolt setup. It is sorta of a "next gen" general purpose "do everything in a pinch" bolt gun and it looks to be exceedingly well suited for that.

I'll never understand the incessant bitching about magazine length and over pressure rounds. PRS is awesome, but it is not the only reason to shoot a gun.

ILya
          www.opticsthoughts.com

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance---it is the illusion of knowledge

Comment

• Alright. I received a shipping notice with a tracking number.

Should be here in a few days. Then it sits at my FFL for a while (California stinks). Then I get to play with it.

ILya
            www.opticsthoughts.com

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance---it is the illusion of knowledge

Comment

• Where abouts in CA are you ILya?

Comment

• Originally posted by koshkin View Post
                Alright. I received a shipping notice with a tracking number.

Should be here in a few days. Then it sits at my FFL for a while (California stinks). Then I get to play with it.

ILya
                just in time for Christmas. I am looking forward to your review.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dai Bando View Post
                  Where abouts in CA are you ILya?

Just outside Los Angeles.
                  www.opticsthoughts.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotch_egg View Post

just in time for Christmas. I am looking forward to your review.
                    Unfortunately, it will not be that fast. I am going to be in Israel last two weeks of December, so I will not get to shoot it until I return.

ILya
                    www.opticsthoughts.com

Comment

Alright. I received a shipping notice with a tracking number.

ILya
                      How long did it take for you to get a tracking number from when you placed the order?

Comment

• I pre-ordered pretty early (the day they opened pre-orders). I suspect that the people who ordered it in combination with the suppressor were getting theirs first. Still, tt sounds like Kevin and Co are finally getting some quantities going. According to FedEx, it will be at my FFL on Friday. ILya
                        www.opticsthoughts.com

Comment

I pre-ordered pretty early (the day they opened pre-orders). I suspect that the people who ordered it in combination with the suppressor were getting theirs first. Still, tt sounds like Kevin and Co are finally getting some quantities going.

According to FedEx, it will be at my FFL on Friday.

ILya
                          Do you remember your order #? Im in the 700's

Comment

• Not off-hand, but I am pretty sure it is a fair bit lower than that.
                            www.opticsthoughts.com

Comment

Unfortunately, it will not be that fast. I am going to be in Israel last two weeks of December, so I will not get to shoot it until I return.

ILya
                              Something to look forward to on your return in that case.

White Birch Armory are working with me to export a Fix with Trash Panda to the U.K.

Last edited by Scotch_egg; 12-06-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

• Anybody heard from Kevin?

I'm a little worried about him.

Comment

• Just a heads up for those looking and are around Atlanta area there are two Fix 6.5CM w/Trash Panda at Bullseye in Lawrenceville, GA. Saw them yesterday 12/6/17.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotch_egg View Post
                                    Something to look forward to on your return in that case. White Birch Armory are working with me to export a Fix with Trash Panda to the U.K.
                                    Since my shooting range was destroyed in a brush fire a couple of days ago, this may be a little more involved. Other acceptable shooting facilities around here are either a fair bit further out so not offer what I need. I am sure I'll work something out while they rebuild. ILya
                                    www.opticsthoughts.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ajwarrior View Post
                                      Just a heads up for those looking and are around Atlanta area there are two Fix 6.5CM w/Trash Panda at Bullseye in Lawrenceville, GA. Saw them yesterday 12/6/17.
                                      What was the price? Msrp?

Comment

• 3500.00, rifle and can are matched serial and will be sold as set. Rifle can be taken while the can sits awaiting tax stamp. All this is per phone I just placed to Bullseye.

Comment

• It's official: they do exist. My Fix arrived to the FFL and now it gets to sit there for a bit (mandatory 10 day wait period in California and since I'll be travelling the rest of the month, I do not get to take possession of it until January). I originally ordered a 16" 308. A month ago, they send me an e-mail that there is a problem with a 308 extension and if I am OK with the Creedmoor, they can make it happen. I tell them to go for it and proceed to buy 300 rounds of 6.5 Creed and dies. Then there is a month of silence and the rifle ships. I have no idea which one shipped until today. It is a 16" 308WIn, serial number 0003. It sounds like they worked out their barrel extension issues and this is one of the first 308s off the line. It is a good thing that the rifle I received is what I originally ordered, but now I have 300 rounds of 6.5 Creedmoor that I do not need (and the dies). Thankfully, a friend of mine ordered the Fix in 6.5, so he will get the ammo. Hopefully, I'll have a proper update with shooting impressions mid-January. ILya
                                          www.opticsthoughts.com

Comment

• 40.6k Likes, 920 Comments - Donald Trump Jr. (@donaldjtrumpjr) on Instagram: “Range time... nothing like getting in a little shooting on a chilly weekend morning. #shooting…”
                                            LE Firearms Instructor
                                            Armorer
                                            NRA Life Member

Comment

Working...
                                            X